Linkin Park: "Our Next Album Will Polarize People"

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Chester Bennington recently spoke to Kerrang! about the work they're putting into their next studio album amongst other things. Below are some excerpts from NME who have featured the article and you can also check out the full interview in our scans below!

Linkin Park have started work on the follow-up to 2010's 'A Thousand Suns' and have said they believe their fifth studio album will 'polarize' people.

Speaking to Kerrang!, singer Chester Bennington has also said the band address a plethora of "serious issues" in their new songs.
    He said: "We've been working on a new record for the past two months. The music is great and we're well ahead of where we're expecting to be. There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs. It will probably get a very polarized reaction. Which pleases me. As an artist, I want a reaction."

The singer added that the band would be looking to tackle controversial topics on their new album, rather than the more personal subjects of their older material.
    Bennington added: "We've learned how to write serious songs and serious lyrics. We've learned how to deal with politics, faith and other things. Those are things that can get preachy really quickly, which we don't want to do. So you need to learn to talk to people and not at people."

Check out the full interview from Kerrang! Magazine in the LPA Gallery!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Source: Kerrang! | NME via Shadey

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs."

This piqued my interest. Does he mean the songs they've been making have been quieter or use barer instrumentalization or just that they're more electronic-based like a lot of ATS? Maybe it just means something entirely different like the band not working together on the songs all at once.

Also, LPA should put up their page for LP5. :awesome:

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

i understood it like.. that it's not gonna be like for example when they come for me. not dropping bombs or any of that kind, but more like.. the pure song without extra noises

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

WHO ISN'T?! Most excited about that it might not take as long between this and ATS as it did between ATS and MTM! Awesome! I can't wait! Fun that they change the topic of their lyrics also since they are now more and more involved with politics and current disaster throughout the world. It's also a hot topic all over so bullseye in my point of view ^^

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

hybrid theory part 3

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I understood it as, in A Thousand Suns they experimented with "sounds" a lot and worked to develop them into melodies etc, it seems to me that right now, they're just experimenting with vocals, guitar patterns, riffs and just a fundamental process of writing with their instruments, as opposed to toys and the like, haha.

...and not quite yet. :lol:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yes. So much yes. Maybe this album will have a more stripped down sound?

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

thats what i thought too. not full of effects and noises and stuff like that

caselimor

caselimor Lost in the Echo?

I'm interested in seeing how this album polarizes people. (As if ATS wasn't polarizing enough, ha) I'm also interested in hearing what they eventually write about.

Considering that one of my favorite songs (TLTGYA) is a political one, maybe I'll like this album too, I just hope it isn't too preachy.

The fact that there "aren't a lot of noises going on" seems to me like it implies a barer instrumentation, but it could mean something else entirely.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

HT or GTFO

Nameless

Nameless Well-Known Member

How about no? :awesome:

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

OK, who let the HT-ers out of their cave?

Brandon

Also, the past two albums, especially ATS, have been polarizing to the fan-base. So that should be nothing surprising by now.

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I don't think it has anything to do with actual sounds of the album. Based off "A Meeting of ATS" I think it has to do with label, press, etc... noise which is no different than other bands or businesses for that matter. Maybe since LP only took 6 months (ish) from releasing ATS to going back into the studio there isn't as much urgency since, if I managed the band, I would be pushing the hell out of them, not to make crap quick, but to "finish" a song and move on. Limit the tinkering part that LP is notorious for.

I thought ATS and MTM polarized people pretty damn good so hopefully LP is going to polarize the OMFGTWILIGHTLEAVEOUTALLTHERESTISMYFAV people with the next one!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I'll get excited about this album when it's about to drop. In 2013.

:awesome:

Nameless

Nameless Well-Known Member

They smelled the ketchup. :awesome:

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

A Thousand Suns killer is on the way....

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Sounds fucking fantastic. I'm stoked. I really hope they do stuff to tease us this summer like they did last summer.

Brandon

It's not going to be coming out that soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.