Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minus View Post
    I've recently completed an analysis of the comments I value lowly in this thread, and have compiled a list of things LP should do to make the posters of these comments mad, and thus satisfy me.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's what the new album should sound like:

- Absolutely no beat at all whatsoever.
    - Very specific lyrics. As narrowed down as possible.
    - On that note, do not write moody songs. Bitches love moody songs. Fuck bitches.
    - Namedrop God and Jesus at any opportunity.
    - Then tell us what to think about the song... in the song.
    - Whine about Bush as much as humanly possible.
    - Make the music 'strange and boring'. Avoid trying to sound 'beautiful.'
    - Sound absolutely nothing like the original Linkin Park (you knew this one was coming).
    - A politically charged speech. In every song. And then put one of those speeches on the front cover of the album. And name the album after a speech. And replace all documentary audio with clips from speeches that have no context at all.
    Hahaha! Thank you, Minus! I needed a laugh.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    - On that note, do not write moody songs. Bitches love moody songs. Fuck bitches.
    Sounds about right

By the way, I now want a Facebook page full of Minus-isms. ;P
    Last edited by minuteforce; 06-17-2011 at 01:28 PM.

What if I never even see you 'cause we're both on a stage?

It's Like I'm Paranoid... arbiter's Avatar
    Was that seriously the only part of the interview people found interesting? I thought that was the most boring part. The rest of the interview however were very intriguing and informative. I never knew Chester considers the band to be Mike's band. After 11+ years together, how can he still feel that way? I guess Mike does play a larger role than i thought. And good for Chester for still staying sober. Way too many people in his position loose their life to substance abuse.
    And they are very bored off playing the old songs over again. If they really are, they would do me and them a favour by replacing most songs from Meteora with more ATS material and that would solve that problem.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    I've recently completed an analysis of the comments I value lowly in this thread, and have compiled a list of things LP should do to make the posters of these comments mad, and thus satisfy me.

- Sound absolutely nothing like the original Linkin Park (you knew this one was coming).
    - A politically charged speech. In every song. And then put one of those speeches on the front cover of the album. And name the album after a speech. And replace all documentary audio with clips from speeches that have no context at all.
    I would honestly enjoy that album way more than Meteora.

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter View Post
    Was that seriously the only part of the interview people found interesting? I thought that was the most boring part. The rest of the interview however were very intriguing and informative. I never knew Chester considers the band to be Mike's band. After 11+ years together, how can he still feel that way? I guess Mike does play a larger role than i thought. And good for Chester for still staying sober. Way too many people in his position loose their life to substance abuse.
    And they are very bored off playing the old songs over again. If they really are, they would do me and them a favour by replacing most songs from Meteora with more ATS material and that would solve that problem.
    Well, Mike founded the band. Chester came later. He replace their old singer from the Xero days, Mark Wakefield. Chester felt like he could help the music and auditioned for the band. So, really, Chester's right, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    I would honestly enjoy that album way more than Meteora.
    What would I enjoy more than Meteora?

Being slapped by a Spanish gentleman.
    While dying in a fire.
    A fire of dicks.

Listening to Meteora is only slightly worse than being slapped by a Spanish gentleman while dying in a fire of dicks.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    i like it all, specially:
    Make the music 'strange and boring'. Avoid trying to sound 'beautiful.'
    I believe the band's main goal is to do that thing .... in every upcoming album. And when they say "new ideas and lyrics" your last comment summarizes it all.
    A politically charged speech. In every song. And then put one of those speeches on the front cover of the album. And name the album after a speech. And replace all documentary audio with clips from speeches that have no context at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Slayer View Post
    If only there could be a Reanimation 2.0 in between, I'd be more than happy.
    If I remember correctly, there were hints of a Reanimation 2 in the decoded messages in the build up to ATS. Somebody discovered this but nothing ever came of it:

^ !
    Formerly known as Agent O

LPA team
    Hahahaha oh God there's no way this album cycle can top the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If I remember correctly, there were hints of a Reanimation 2 in the decoded messages in the build up to ATS. Somebody discovered this but nothing ever came of it:

What?

This goes out to everybody still hatin' Bennington_Hahn's Avatar
    After finally getting round to reading that article I'm thoroughly impressed and excited! What Chester had to say intrigues me & I hope we get a new album next year if all goes well.

But anyway, the same thing was posted on Ultimate-guitar, and as you'd expect it was flooded with comments of trolls and nu-metal fan boys. Though I'm kinda used to the haters of the new LP, one thing that keeps cropping up is a few people thinking ATS sounds like pop & club music...

Not that I'm against or loath the genres, but seriously? If nightclubs played music like ATS I'd be out on a rave every week!

Formerly known as 1996_LP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Hahaha...

Last album cycle was a blast... Puzzles, false alarms, and Mike rolls... Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Hahaha...

Last album cycle was a blast... Puzzles, false alarms, and Mike rolls... Good times.
    Not to mention firin' ma lazars.

By the way, I lurked alot during the build up to release.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The ATS puzzles were the reason I joined LPA. On other sites, the attitudes of a lot of posters were just "man dis is stupid LP y u no just tell us everything." The LPA community played the game and had fun with it. At least from what I remember.

The ATS puzzles were the reason I joined LPA. On other sites, the attitudes of a lot of posters were just "man dis is stupid LP y u no just tell us everything." The LPA community played the game and had fun with it. At least from what I remember.
    Yeah those were good times.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

LPA team
    I joined this site at the same time for the same reason haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Me too.

I created an account but never posted.

LPA team

The Shinodakini compelled me to join LPA.

Thread Information