Linkin Park: "Our Next Album Will Polarize People"

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enthouse

enthouse Active Member

"No More Sorrow" and "Hands Held High" was just them whining about Bush. And that album was released at a time when everybody whined about Bush. It kinda seemed like they were just jumping on the bandwagon. Especially since there was nothing clever or thought-provoking in either of the songs (I'm guessing a lot of people will disagree with me on this...).

And I like a lot of the lyrics off of A Thousand Suns. I just don't like W&K. Or any of the speeches.

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've never heard this whole quote before... Only the parts that were in the intro of High Voltage. Where did you get the whole quote from?

To be fair, there was alot to be pissed off about during the second half of his presidency. That's not the reflection of the LPA, just my own personal opinion. Agree or disagree, that's your perrogative and not the issue right now. The fact is that the songs were written in such fashion that they didn't actually name drop or truely bash anyone in particular. The lyrics can be interpreted in many ways. Not just a pot-shot at the president. On the speeches in the album, I thought they gave a lot of depth to the message that was prevaded in A Thousand Suns. The speech from JRO was very real and very ominous as an imposing threat. The speech by MLKJR was one of hope, trying to tell us that we are better than this. The Speech by Savio in W&K was a call to action. In the 'living and breathing' life of the album, the speeches made a lot of sense to me and helped set the tone in the lyrics of the songs. I wonder if anyone else felt this way too...

3. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

We'll have to wait and see. *evil laugh*

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

God, I can't wait for more shit like this to come out. There's nothing more worth my time than reading 100+ posts regarding an LP interview on the LPA. Trust me. :lol:

5. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Must we? *facepalm*

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Not really. I'm enough of a pessimist to say many, many Linkin Park fans will never come to like the upcoming fifth album. Definitely won't win any hardxcore "Hybrid Theory" purists over, at least.

7. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If it's anything like the build up to ATS, we're in for some fun times. :lol:

8. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:awesome: Cant wait.

I hope it will "polarise" me.

9. Bennoda Girl

Bennoda Girl A past to overwrite.

I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait :)

10. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

@Hybrid They were posted somewhere on LPA a while back, it was an interview excerpt from a live show in Osaka in 2001.

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Oh cool. Does anyone know where I can find that?

12. Benjamin

For sure man. For sure.

13. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Let me know when the first puzzle comes out, I'll decipher it for you guys lol

14. Can't wait to be POLARIZED :awesome:

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

'Polarize' wouldn't be too bad of an album title =P.

I'm going to go right ahead and predict that the album will drop spring 2013.

Or, perhaps summer 2012 if we're lucky.

Fun times ahead!

16. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

So from what I can gather from this I thought of them doing something like what Thrice did with Beggars, where they stripped their music back down and just recorded some good songs with good instrument playing and good lyrics and all that, just good and solid basically.

Not that I'm actually right but I would like to see them try that at some point.

Come to think of it they haven't really got to the point where Thrice were at before they did that so they should probably delve further into what they've started doing first.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  17. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Haha, yeah there's probably a reason why Chester doesn't get to do many LPU chats. He might get carried away and give out too much info because he seems the most open in interviews. Hopefully he does a chat soon. :lol:

...and you made the front page very pretty indeed, Joe!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  18. Benjamin

Haha, so true.

19. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

You know, I've often thought Thrice is the kind of band Linkin Park should strive to be like. Not that I think they should deliberately try to sound like Thrice, but I think LP could learn a lot from them.

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Please stay the hell away from politics unless you're going to do it differently than past records. The only bands/people I can think of that I like it from are System Of A Down/Serj Tankian and Flobots. And even Flobots can get a little annoying sometimes. Serj seems to pull it off brilliantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.