Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Linkin Park: "Our Next Album Will Polarize People"

Chester Bennington recently spoke to Kerrang! about the work they're putting into their next studio album amongst other things. Below are some excerpts from NME who have featured the article and you can also check out the full interview in our scans below!

Linkin Park have started work on the follow-up to 2010's 'A Thousand Suns' and have said they believe their fifth studio album will 'polarize' people.

Speaking to Kerrang!, singer Chester Bennington has also said the band address a plethora of "serious issues" in their new songs.
    He said: "We've been working on a new record for the past two months. The music is great and we're well ahead of where we're expecting to be. There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs. It will probably get a very polarized reaction. Which pleases me. As an artist, I want a reaction."

The singer added that the band would be looking to tackle controversial topics on their new album, rather than the more personal subjects of their older material.
    Bennington added: "We've learned how to write serious songs and serious lyrics. We've learned how to deal with politics, faith and other things. Those are things that can get preachy really quickly, which we don't want to do. So you need to learn to talk to people and not at people."

Check out the full interview from Kerrang! Magazine in the LPA Gallery!

Source: Kerrang! | NME via Shadey

"There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs."

This piqued my interest. Does he mean the songs they've been making have been quieter or use barer instrumentalization or just that they're more electronic-based like a lot of ATS? Maybe it just means something entirely different like the band not working together on the songs all at once.

Also, LPA should put up their page for LP5.

head full of bubblegum Amberiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    "There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs."

This piqued my interest. Does he mean the songs they've been making have been quieter or use barer instrumentalization or just that they're more electronic-based like a lot of ATS? Maybe it just means something entirely different like the band not working together on the songs all at once.
    i understood it like.. that it's not gonna be like for example when they come for me. not dropping bombs or any of that kind, but more like.. the pure song without extra noises
    "Don't ignore who it's for at the end of the night."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeLinkingal View Post
    I think some people are just like that. Always hearing but never listening.

WHO ISN'T?! Most excited about that it might not take as long between this and ATS as it did between ATS and MTM! Awesome! I can't wait! Fun that they change the topic of their lyrics also since they are now more and more involved with politics and current disaster throughout the world. It's also a hot topic all over so bullseye in my point of view ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Right? [...] Liz is more than just hot though. She is fucking awesome all around. FACT. Anyone who disagrees is a dick hole, and I will fight them with my bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Girl
    And she... Lizzed in her pants.

hybrid theory part 3

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    happy technology.

Also, LPA should put up their page for LP5.
    I understood it as, in A Thousand Suns they experimented with "sounds" a lot and worked to develop them into melodies etc, it seems to me that right now, they're just experimenting with vocals, guitar patterns, riffs and just a fundamental process of writing with their instruments, as opposed to toys and the like, haha.

...and not quite yet.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The singer added that the band would be looking to tackle controversial topics on their new album, rather than the more personal subjects of their older material.

Bennington added: "We've learned how to write serious songs and serious lyrics. We've learned how to deal with politics, faith and other things. Those are things that can get preachy really quickly, which we don't want to do. So you need to learn to talk to people and not at people."

Who's excited for the follow up to A Thousand Suns?

Source: NME via Shadey
    Yes. So much yes. Maybe this album will have a more stripped down sound?

head full of bubblegum Amberiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    Yes. So much yes. Maybe this album will have a more stripped down sound?
    thats what i thought too. not full of effects and noises and stuff like that

I'm interested in seeing how this album polarizes people. (As if ATS wasn't polarizing enough, ha) I'm also interested in hearing what they eventually write about.

Considering that one of my favorite songs (TLTGYA) is a political one, maybe I'll like this album too, I just hope it isn't too preachy.

The fact that there "aren't a lot of noises going on" seems to me like it implies a barer instrumentation, but it could mean something else entirely.

Extremely H! Vltg3 The Fortunate One's Avatar
    HT or GTFO

Known Aliases; CallofReach141

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwwe View Post
    hybrid theory part 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CallofReach141 View Post
    HT or GTFO
    How about no?

OK, who let the HT-ers out of their cave?

Also, the past two albums, especially ATS, have been polarizing to the fan-base. So that should be nothing surprising by now.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... skyzlmt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caselimor View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how this album polarizes people. (As if ATS wasn't polarizing enough, ha) I'm also interested in hearing what they eventually write about.

Considering that one of my favorite songs (TLTGYA) is a political one, maybe I'll like this album too, I just hope it isn't too preachy.

The fact that there "aren't a lot of noises going on" seems to me like it implies a barer instrumentation, but it could mean something else entirely.
    I don't think it has anything to do with actual sounds of the album. Based off "A Meeting of ATS" I think it has to do with label, press, etc... noise which is no different than other bands or businesses for that matter. Maybe since LP only took 6 months (ish) from releasing ATS to going back into the studio there isn't as much urgency since, if I managed the band, I would be pushing the hell out of them, not to make crap quick, but to "finish" a song and move on. Limit the tinkering part that LP is notorious for.

I thought ATS and MTM polarized people pretty damn good so hopefully LP is going to polarize the OMFGTWILIGHTLEAVEOUTALLTHERESTISMYFAV people with the next one!
    Collector of all things MS and his art. Proud to be on b2b LPTVs (GLXS Dies and MSxDCxSURU)

I'll get excited about this album when it's about to drop. In 2013.

OK, who let the HT-ers out of their cave?
    They smelled the ketchup.

A Thousand Suns killer is on the way....

LPA team
    Sounds fucking fantastic. I'm stoked. I really hope they do stuff to tease us this summer like they did last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Sounds fucking fantastic. I'm stoked. I really hope they do stuff to tease us this summer like they did last summer.
    It's not going to be coming out that soon.

Thread Information