Music Hardware?

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by ThaHandyman, Jun 15, 2011.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I've done the music software, now time for the hardware. What kind of computer do you use? Firewire/USB? Headphones-commercial Dre Beats or old school Sony?

I'm in the market for a new computer, and new headphones, as most of my stuff was recently destroyed or rendered useless, so this info will help me out as well as good discussion.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I have a Line 6 Toneport KB37 that connects through USB and it's awesome. It has two inputs for mics (along with phantom power for the mics that need it), a guitar/bass input, and a 37 key keyboard along with buttons to assign to functions in your DAW.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I have a cheap MIDI keyboard and a Shure PG42-USB microphone. It's specially made for vocals, but I've had people play guitar and piano into it and it's amazing. It's so convenient too having it be USB. Super fast and easy.

I have some pretty average headphones that I just found lying around the house. Definitely not the best for mixing. I've been looking around town for Sony MDR7506 headphones, but I just can't find them. I don't know why I don't just order it off Amazon and get it in a week for only $85. Too lazy I guess.

tROCKS24

tROCKS24 Banned

i do mp3 [i just learned by myself from the past yr. knowing i had it since early college :lol:] and i use my speakers with laptop at the moment. still quite new to my phone :awesome:

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

Oh, I guess to add to my list of gear. My condenser microphone is an MXL V63M, it's a really incredible microphone for the price (I think it's around $70). My dynamic is the good ol' Shure SM58.

My guitars are as follows:
    Washburn Joe Trohman Signature Idol (White)
    Slammer SP2F (Special 2)
    Silvertone Paul Stanley Special (first guitar, doesn't really get used anymore)
    Applause by Ovation Acoustic (couldn't tell you the model, but can tell you that Applause guitars are amazing)
    Washburn Acoustic (again, can't tell you the model. Good guitar, just can't play it well because the body is too big for me)
    Cheap Ibanez Bass I bought off a friend.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I got a

Taylor 214 Acoustic
    Laguna somethin or another electric
    Some ductaped Skullcandy Hesh headphones
    I forgot my audio interface name, I'm at work now
    Anddd I'll probably be getting a beast desktop with a few USB 3.0 ports

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I've got an AKG K81DJ headphone, a really good one.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned