Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 269
  1. #41
    auditory_hallucination_ Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    7,722
    I love Muse. Infact, I have a Muse T-shirt

  2. #42
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Shadester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,018
    That was a pretty terribly made video, not sure if intentional. Still very excited for the record, hope it's as experimental as LP3/LP4.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    Yeah. There also seems to be a running theme in the album about the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which is the theory of how energy changes forms.

    It's interesting because it sounds like some of that dubstep is being played on guitar. The energy of electronic music transferred into a different form?
    Probably using this

    http://www.musewiki.org/images/MisaKitara.jpg

    http://www.musewiki.org/images/MattD...evSoundsCS.jpg

    and/or a kaoss pad.

    Personlly I'm not really liking what I'm hearing. The strings and everything were pretty nice, but that breakdown part is sort of meh.

  4. #44
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,670
    Sick drop. Vocoder and possibly guitar. I hope Muse has a really different album. They used to be my second favorite band, but after like 7 years of listening to them Matt's voice got kind of grating. I need something to spice me up again.

  5. #45
    Master of Ceremonies Cookie Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,583
    There are not enough words to describe how much I love this band. Can't wait for the new stuff.

  6. #46
    No control, no surprise.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,022
    I'm extraordinarily intrigued by the new trailer. We shall see as more information / sounds come out...I have faith Muse will make this album interesting. I'm glad they're going in what it appears to be a very new direction.

  7. #47
    Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,769
    Korn did it better, from the limited amount of this not-so-new sound I'm hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt


    Up The Irons

  8. #48
    No control, no surprise.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlz View Post
    Korn did it better, from the limited amount of this not-so-new sound I'm hearing.
    Emphasis on the limited, here.

  9. #49
    Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,252
    As much as I despise, nay, abhor dubstep I guess I'm interested in seeing what it sounds like with a Muse twist. As Xero said it sounds like a lot of it is being played ok the guitar which would be new. But I think no matter what the presence of dubstep would somewhat disappointing. And the latter is really best case scenario, seeing as my hatred for dubstep burns with the endless passion.

  10. #50
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,670
    I'm gonna say there's probably not much dubstep in it. Maybe a lot more breakdowns and electronic stuff, but what we heard wasn't really dubstep or brostep.

  11. #51
    Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,252
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    I'm gonna say there's probably not much dubstep in it. Maybe a lot more breakdowns and electronic stuff, but what we heard wasn't really dubstep or brostep.
    Agreed but it's close enough to worry me a little

  12. #52
    Ambient Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,366
    I'm not going to write it off based on what little I've heard. But it's Muse, I'll give them a chance and see what they do with it, I just hope it's not generic as hell
    [✔] Firing Squad

    [] Line Up

    Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

  13. #53
    Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Emphasis on the limited, here.
    Of course, but my opinion is still the same, based on the limited amount we've heard.


    And Pidgeon, Skrillex most certaintely uses a guitar to record, all the time.

  14. #54
    The Catalyst RapidGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    211
    Firstly, that trailer is AMAZING! Really got me excited. And the first "orchestral" part sounds a million times better than "Exogenesis: Symphony" imo.

    Well, here are my opinions on the whole "dubstep" thing at the end -

    1. Technically, this is "Dubstep-Inspired", not real dubstep. People lump every kind of electronic influenced music into the "dubstep" group nowadays, just like they used to lump everything into "techno" a few years back. If this is dubstep, then some Radiohead songs can be called "dubstep" too!

    2. From what I heard, it sounded like they were using "real" instruments (except the robot voice). Matt probably used the Kaoss Pad for the sounds. Also, the drums sounded like they were recorded instead of being programmed. That sounds really interesting.

    3. And most importantly, they have been playing stuff like this at their live performances since the beginning of their career! Anyone who has gone to a live Muse performance knows what I mean. They are just bringing those live jams into the studio for the first time I guess. Therefore, I really don't understand why people around the internet are getting so angry, just because someone decided to call this "dubstep".
    Last edited by RapidGunner; 06-15-2012 at 05:58 AM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidGunner View Post
    Firstly, that trailer is AMAZING! Really got me excited. And the first "orchestral" part sounds a million times better than "Exogenesis: Symphony" imo.

    Well, here are my opinions on the whole "dubstep" thing at the end -

    1. Technically, this is "Dubstep-Inspired", not real dubstep. People lump every kind of electronic influenced music into the "dubstep" group nowadays, just like they used to lump everything into "techno" a few years back. If this is dubstep, then some Radiohead songs can be called "dubstep" too!

    2. From what I heard, it sounded like they were using "real" instruments (except the robot voice). Matt probably used the Kaoss Pad for the sounds. Also, the drums sounded like they were recorded instead of being programmed. That sounds really interesting.

    3. And most importantly, they have been playing stuff like this at their live performances since the beginning of their career! Anyone who has gone to a live Muse performance knows what I mean. They are just bringing those live jams into the studio for the first time I guess. Therefore, I really don't understand why people around the internet are getting so angry, just because someone decided to call this "dubstep".
    Eh, I can't think of a single Radiohead song with that "wub wub" stuff over a big drop. Also, I really don't fucking understand why you use the term "real instruments" (pisses me off to no end). It honestly doesn't matter whether or not it was made with a guitar/drums or programmed. It sounds more or less the same as most dubstep/brostep (whatever the hell you call it) drops with the glitchy wub wub stuff and heavy bass. I will admit I'm not completely familiar with the genres, but I find it stupid how some people seem to think that since it was made on guitars/real drums (so called "real instruments") that its suddenly not dubstep/whatever the fuck its called. Also, yes Muse do lots of jams and have even done a Kaoss pad jam before, but none of them are quite like this.

  16. #56
    Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlz View Post
    Of course, but my opinion is still the same, based on the limited amount we've heard.


    And Pidgeon, Skrillex most certaintely uses a guitar to record, all the time.
    in that case I would considerably less impressed and more disappointed by Muse doing dubstep. No matter the amount.

  17. #57
    'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. Flagrare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Posts
    3,285
    Man, I do love MAP OF THE PROBLEMATIQUE. .-.


    Quote Originally Posted by Anelle Botha
    FLAGRARE
    you naughty boy

  18. #58
    My perversion power is accumulating Pugnacious Baby Timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dubai, India
    Posts
    6,879

  19. #59
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Posts
    24,387
    Goodness gracious that "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" part is grating. Like a bicycle horn going off every 0.5 seconds.

  20. #60
    Professional Lurker Justin V.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Goodness gracious that "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" part is grating. Like a bicycle horn going off every 0.5 seconds.
    I would have to agree.
    Formerly known as |2awk.Star

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •