Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Extremely H! Vltg3 The Fortunate One's Avatar

Official Muse Thread.

Share your thought on media related to the band Muse.

Muse are my second favourite band. My top Muse songs are Stockholm Syndrome, Starlight, Resistance, Muscle Museum, Hysteria...ahh I can go on forever.

I used to love them so much, but over the last few years I've started to grow a little sick of Matt's voice.

My favorite song is still probably Stockholm Syndrome, but there are so many good ones. Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Sunburn, New Born...pretty much all of their old stuff.

Only songs I like are Stockholm Syndrome and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Ree: You're a Honorary Bellend Brigade Member

My roommate is one of those people that think they're ripping off Radiohead. He's a big Radiohead fan. I don't see it, personally. I really want to see them live.

Fave songs from them are Uprising, Resistance, Super-massive Black Hole. Their new album is great too.

No control, no surprise.
    Muse is my favorite band, without a doubt. I really enjoy all of their albums, although I think they really hit their stride with Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations. I've seen them live once, and it was the best show I have ever seen. I love them.

Very solid band. I've seen them live twice and it just makes you like them even more.

wasn't a big fan of 'black holes...' and i absolutely hated their new album, but their older stuff is pretty fucking awesome. never pass up a chance to see them live though, it's amazing. seeing them for a second time at leeds fest this year, and they're playing 'origin...' in full, apparently, which i'm really excited about.

My perversion power is accumulating babie boi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    wasn't a big fan of 'black holes...' and i absolutely hated their new album, but their older stuff is pretty fucking awesome.
    Pretty much how I feel. Last album definitely brought the cheese.

Married and on a life-long adventure! Holiday's Avatar
    I can't believe how few people actually comment on Muse!

They are my absolute favourite band.

I believe that they are the most political band of our time.

I have listened to The Resistance thousands of times. Listening to it in a frame of mind that says "one song at a time" is not going to be nearly as enjoyable! The whole CD is one epic story! I can't help but get lost in the imagery, emotion, and depth that their songs have. You have to listen to it as a whole!

If anyone has not listened to The Resistance from beginning to end, as one piece, as one story, then you would be missing out on a fantastic ride!

There is a war torn love story with ups, downs, battles, complications, conflicted feelings, abandonment, hopelessness, loss, and finally salvation before the final curtain call.... This is all of what The Resistance really is!

I know that I will always listen to them, and love them, even though some of their songs give me a headache.

I love how the classical undertones and modern rock mix with his operatic voice! It always gives me chills! I don't care how many thousands of times I hear "Unnatural Selection," the guitar solo at around 5mins makes my whole body quiver. I always blast my Bose on 100% for that part every time! XD
    Last edited by Holiday; 07-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Lives in ALASKA

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post

I have listened to The Resistance thousands of times. Listening to it in a frame of mind that says "one song at a time" is not going to be nearly as enjoyable! The whole CD is one epic story! I can't help but get lost in the imagery, emotion, and depth that their songs have. You have to listen to it as a whole!

If anyone has not listened to The Resistance from beginning to end, as one piece, as one story, then you would be missing out on a fantastic ride!

There is a war torn love story with ups, downs, battles, complications, conflicted feelings, abandonment, hopelessness, loss, and finally salvation before the final curtain call.... This is all of what The Resistance really is!

I know that I will always listen to them, and love them, even though some of their songs give me a headache.

I love how the classical undertones and modern rock mix with his operatic voice! It always gives me chills! I don't care how many thousands of times I hear "Unnatural Selection," the guitar solo at around 5mins makes my whole body quiver. I always blast my Bose on 100% for that part every time! XD
    Agree

Can't believe I missed this thread originally.

Favourite band of all-time, hands down. Greatest live show I have ever seen.

There's just too many favourites to list. Matt Bellamy is such a fantastically talented vocalist, guitarist, pianist and live performer.

I will never forget the concert I was at when he did a double knee slide on stage during the intro to Plug In Baby, stopping directly in front of me, about 10 feet away. It was so cool.

No control, no surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post

I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I love you.
    XD

<3333

@Mark: OMG I would LOVE to see them live! That would like... make my soooo much more complete!

Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Honestly seeing them live was kind of a let down.

They were fucking perfect. In a way that was even more mechanical than LP live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt

Up The Irons

I sat through the Twilight saga for the first time... and I realized... there was a Muse song in every movie!

I had no idea....

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    My roommate is one of those people that think they're ripping off Radiohead. He's a big Radiohead fan. I don't see it, personally. I really want to see them live.
    I'm a fan of both bands, and that comparison never even crossed my mind. I don't think they sound very alike at all.

head full of bubblegum Amberiel's Avatar
    They are one of them bands I want to see the most live, and without a doubt my second favorite band behind Linkin Park. I started collecting their stuff recently, they just make brilliant music. My favorite songs are probably Muscle Museum, Uno, Cave and Sunburn.

And Holiday - your post was fucking perfect.
    "Don't ignore who it's for at the end of the night."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeLinkingal View Post
    I think some people are just like that. Always hearing but never listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Mayonnaise View Post
    And Holiday - your post was fucking perfect.
    Oh ty ty!

I'm sooo glad there are some people out there who really appreciate their music like I do!

Thread Information