Next single for LP?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Todd Jensen, Mar 27, 2011.

Todd Jensen

Todd Jensen Now with 110% more awesome!

What will the next single for LP be? I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it's Wretches and Kings. I've heard so much positive feedback from this song from all types of people who like different kinds of music. And I think with this song, since it's so popular among so many different music listeners, that a lot more people would give ATS a listen.

They've had The Catalyst which is a kickass song, WFTE which is upbeat, and BITS which is more mello. I think they need to end on a strong note. And i think that note would be Wretches and Kings. A lot of people think it's going to be Iridescent as the final single. God I hope not. It's not a bad song, I love it. But, I don't think it's worth a music video.

For me Wretches and Kings is the way to go. It's such a fun song to listen to. And it pumps me up! What do you guys think? What should be the next single?

Here's a cover I made if Empty Spaces was a single XD
    Empty Spaces single cover.jpg

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Others said Iridescent would be the next single prior for TF3 Movie... I don't know if that's final.. i doubt it... but anyways, all we have to do is wait.. :)

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

I´m not sure but I think there will be 5 singles.
    We already have The Catalyst, WFTE and BITS. Mike mentioned it very often that the whole band and especially he himself likes Iridescent very much, so I guess Iridescent will be a single. If there were 5 singles I think WTCFM would be better than Wretches and Kings. Not that I don´t like Wretches and Kings but that´s just my opinion.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I don't think Wretches and Kings appeals to many audiences at all. I think it appeals to mostly just the people whining about not getting another Hybrid Theory album.

Iridescent is the obvious choice if you want to appeal to the most people. I think Blackout would be the coolest choice, as it's one of their more diverse songs. That or WTCFM.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I think that there will be 5 singles and i hole WTCFM is one of them and i think that Iridescent will brcome a single.

SabiLP

SabiLP Well-Known Member

Hope that W&K won't be a single. My opinion.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

if the videos they've put out are parts of a concept as we've discussed before then I'm looking at Iridescent.

Todd Jensen

WTCFM would be a sweet single. But wrecthes and kings has appealed to different audiences. For example, I showed it to a guy who loves death metal like Oceano, A Day to Remember, Bring Me the Horizon. I showed it to a guy who likes bands like slpiknot, Ozzy, and bands like that. So that's some diversity. But how could W&K's not be single material? I mean have you seen them play it live? It pumps up the crowd so much it's crazy! But that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Iridescent and W&K pretty much have to be the last singles. They're the only two songs left that are radio material. Picking singles isn't really about which song is the best, it's about which ones are poppy/radio-friendly enough to get plays on the radio. W&K and Iridescent both fit the bill perfectly.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I'd actually be fine without another single, but if I had to pick one I'd say Blackout.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Fact: Joe Hahn at my meet and greet told Zane (who was right next to me) that Iridescent will be in Transformers 3.

Interpret that however you'd like, haha. It's definitely possible that plans will get changed. If I could chose the next single though, it would be When They Come For Me.

Todd Jensen

I heard about that T3 thing. that movie looks so dark though, and having such a nice song like Iridescent in it is weird. But, I'm glad it's in it. I hope LP has a poll about the final single. hopefully W&K's will win. But i wouldn't mind if WTCFM would be a single too. Maybe a 6 single album??? XD or 7 with Blackout????

Benjamin

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a band has ever polled its fans asking them what there next single should be :lol:. And if Iridescent is in TF3, it would be almost ridiculous to think the next single would be anything but it.

Basically, don't get your hopes up :lol:

Todd Jensen

I know :D It was just a thought :p

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Whoever says When They Come For Me doesn't censor well needs to listen to the SNL performance. Just sayin'.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Wretches & Kings would be the best single they could choose, because no matter what people say, (most) people (tend to) look at Hybrid Theory as the best Linkin Park, and this song is an evolution of that. Neglecting the fact that it sounds like Hybrid Theory and kicks butt is no reason not to release it!

Benjamin

Yeah, I was glad to be proven wrong when I heard that performance which is why I wish it would be a single sometime down the road.

And btw, WTCFM is like, the best song to play in the car. Just sayin'. :awesome:

Todd Jensen

Hell yea man! But I think all Linkin Park is good, not just HT. I joined at MTM and that's my favorite LP album because it was my first. But I hate those people who only like LP because of HT. Hence Mike's lyrics in WTCFM. Which are awesome. Just sayin :D

Benjamin

Mike never intended the 'When They Come For Me' lyrics to be directed at the fans. It was more directed towards the people who tried to force them to make Hybrid Theory music again (so basically, the label).

Though, I admit, you can easily apply it to a lot of the fans, haha. And yes, the lyrics are awesome :D

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't get why people say that some of these songs wouldn't be singles because they're not radio-friendly.

IMO The Catalyst is the least radio friendly song on the album (excluding interludes) and it was the FIRST single. So, whoever says that kind of thing, their either they're ignoring the obvious or their logic is flawed.

Then when you say, that good songs shouldn't become singles.... Again, ALL of the best songs have become singles so far. The Catalyst, Waiting for the End, Burning in The skies.

That said, I'd like the next single to be either When They Come for Me, Blackout or Robot Boy, mostly Blackout or WTCFM.

Though they're all great so it doesn't matter that much.

The Messenger should remain a nice surprise for people having heard the singles but never the album.

And wretches and kings would break the cycle of the best songs being released as singles... LP/Warner have been doing it right this time. Don't screw it up!