Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1. #1
    Now with 110% more awesome! Todd Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    75

    Next single for LP?

    What will the next single for LP be? I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it's Wretches and Kings. I've heard so much positive feedback from this song from all types of people who like different kinds of music. And I think with this song, since it's so popular among so many different music listeners, that a lot more people would give ATS a listen.

    They've had The Catalyst which is a kickass song, WFTE which is upbeat, and BITS which is more mello. I think they need to end on a strong note. And i think that note would be Wretches and Kings. A lot of people think it's going to be Iridescent as the final single. God I hope not. It's not a bad song, I love it. But, I don't think it's worth a music video.

    For me Wretches and Kings is the way to go. It's such a fun song to listen to. And it pumps me up! What do you guys think? What should be the next single?

    Here's a cover I made if Empty Spaces was a single XD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empty Spaces single cover.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	2627
    I SET THE WEST IN FLAMES

  2. #2
    #Broken_Noise Knt.Slbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jensen View Post
    What will the next single for LP be? I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it's Wretches and Kings. I've heard so much positive feedback from this song from all types of people who like different kinds of music. And I think with this song, since it's so popular among so many different music listeners, that a lot more people would give ATS a listen.

    They've had The Catalyst which is a kickass song, WFTE which is upbeat, and BITS which is more mello. I think they need to end on a strong note. And i think that note would be Wretches and Kings. A lot of people think it's going to be Iridescent as the final single. God I hope not. It's not a bad song, I love it. But, I don't think it's worth a music video.

    For me Wretches and Kings is the way to go. It's such a fun song to listen to. And it pumps me up! What do you guys think? What should be the next single?

    Here's a cover I made if Empty Spaces was a single XD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empty Spaces single cover.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	2627

    Others said Iridescent would be the next single prior for TF3 Movie... I don't know if that's final.. i doubt it... but anyways, all we have to do is wait..

  3. #3
    Iīm not sure but I think there will be 5 singles.
    We already have The Catalyst, WFTE and BITS. Mike mentioned it very often that the whole band and especially he himself likes Iridescent very much, so I guess Iridescent will be a single. If there were 5 singles I think WTCFM would be better than Wretches and Kings. Not that I donīt like Wretches and Kings but thatīs just my opinion.
    May your love never end,
    and if you need a friend,
    thereīs a seat here alongside me...

  4. #4
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,705
    I don't think Wretches and Kings appeals to many audiences at all. I think it appeals to mostly just the people whining about not getting another Hybrid Theory album.

    Iridescent is the obvious choice if you want to appeal to the most people. I think Blackout would be the coolest choice, as it's one of their more diverse songs. That or WTCFM.

  5. #5
    The Hedgehog Super Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Great British Hill Zone.
    Posts
    8,243
    I think that there will be 5 singles and i hole WTCFM is one of them and i think that Iridescent will brcome a single.

  6. #6
    Hope that W&K won't be a single. My opinion.

  7. #7
    Julian Death Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,362
    if the videos they've put out are parts of a concept as we've discussed before then I'm looking at Iridescent.

    When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind

  8. #8
    Now with 110% more awesome! Todd Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    75
    WTCFM would be a sweet single. But wrecthes and kings has appealed to different audiences. For example, I showed it to a guy who loves death metal like Oceano, A Day to Remember, Bring Me the Horizon. I showed it to a guy who likes bands like slpiknot, Ozzy, and bands like that. So that's some diversity. But how could W&K's not be single material? I mean have you seen them play it live? It pumps up the crowd so much it's crazy! But that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.

  9. #9
    I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,209
    Iridescent and W&K pretty much have to be the last singles. They're the only two songs left that are radio material. Picking singles isn't really about which song is the best, it's about which ones are poppy/radio-friendly enough to get plays on the radio. W&K and Iridescent both fit the bill perfectly.

  10. #10
    I'd actually be fine without another single, but if I had to pick one I'd say Blackout.
    Check out my blog! New post here: http://hoppedonpop.com/2014/07/27/nineties-nostalgia/

    I'm a believer in the American Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTDL25N4xg

  11. #11
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,373
    Fact: Joe Hahn at my meet and greet told Zane (who was right next to me) that Iridescent will be in Transformers 3.

    Interpret that however you'd like, haha. It's definitely possible that plans will get changed. If I could chose the next single though, it would be When They Come For Me.

  12. #12
    Now with 110% more awesome! Todd Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Fact: Joe Hahn at my meet and greet told Zane (who was right next to me) that Iridescent will be in Transformers 3.

    Interpret that however you'd like, haha. It's definitely possible that plans will get changed. If I could chose the next single though, it would be When They Come For Me.
    I heard about that T3 thing. that movie looks so dark though, and having such a nice song like Iridescent in it is weird. But, I'm glad it's in it. I hope LP has a poll about the final single. hopefully W&K's will win. But i wouldn't mind if WTCFM would be a single too. Maybe a 6 single album??? XD or 7 with Blackout????

  13. #13
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,373
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a band has ever polled its fans asking them what there next single should be . And if Iridescent is in TF3, it would be almost ridiculous to think the next single would be anything but it.

    Basically, don't get your hopes up

  14. #14
    Now with 110% more awesome! Todd Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    75
    I know It was just a thought

  15. #15
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME Emmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent, Washington
    Posts
    17,917
    Whoever says When They Come For Me doesn't censor well needs to listen to the SNL performance. Just sayin'.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

    Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

    Formerly known as JESEFF.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, OK
    Posts
    642
    Wretches & Kings would be the best single they could choose, because no matter what people say, (most) people (tend to) look at Hybrid Theory as the best Linkin Park, and this song is an evolution of that. Neglecting the fact that it sounds like Hybrid Theory and kicks butt is no reason not to release it!

  17. #17
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Whoever says When They Come For Me doesn't censor well needs to listen to the SNL performance. Just sayin'.
    Yeah, I was glad to be proven wrong when I heard that performance which is why I wish it would be a single sometime down the road.

    And btw, WTCFM is like, the best song to play in the car. Just sayin'.

  18. #18
    Now with 110% more awesome! Todd Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaHandyman View Post
    Wretches & Kings would be the best single they could choose, because no matter what people say, (most) people (tend to) look at Hybrid Theory as the best Linkin Park, and this song is an evolution of that. Neglecting the fact that it sounds like Hybrid Theory and kicks butt is no reason not to release it!
    Hell yea man! But I think all Linkin Park is good, not just HT. I joined at MTM and that's my favorite LP album because it was my first. But I hate those people who only like LP because of HT. Hence Mike's lyrics in WTCFM. Which are awesome. Just sayin

  19. #19
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jensen View Post
    Hell yea man! But I think all Linkin Park is good, not just HT. I joined at MTM and that's my favorite LP album because it was my first. But I hate those people who only like LP because of HT. Hence Mike's lyrics in WTCFM. Which are awesome. Just sayin
    Mike never intended the 'When They Come For Me' lyrics to be directed at the fans. It was more directed towards the people who tried to force them to make Hybrid Theory music again (so basically, the label).

    Though, I admit, you can easily apply it to a lot of the fans, haha. And yes, the lyrics are awesome

  20. #20
    Into the abyss. Oberyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Guilin, China.
    Posts
    10,461
    I don't get why people say that some of these songs wouldn't be singles because they're not radio-friendly.

    IMO The Catalyst is the least radio friendly song on the album (excluding interludes) and it was the FIRST single. So, whoever says that kind of thing, their either they're ignoring the obvious or their logic is flawed.

    Then when you say, that good songs shouldn't become singles.... Again, ALL of the best songs have become singles so far. The Catalyst, Waiting for the End, Burning in The skies.

    That said, I'd like the next single to be either When They Come for Me, Blackout or Robot Boy, mostly Blackout or WTCFM.

    Though they're all great so it doesn't matter that much.

    The Messenger should remain a nice surprise for people having heard the singles but never the album.

    And wretches and kings would break the cycle of the best songs being released as singles... LP/Warner have been doing it right this time. Don't screw it up!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •