System of a Down

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Aaron, May 9, 2003.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

What do you think of one of my fav. bands.

My fav song is Chop Suey.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

Not a big fan, don't have any of their albums, but they're music is alrite. My favorite song is either Aerials or Chop Suey.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hate System Of A Down. It's funny, in Metal Edge Magazine, they were the "Most Favorite OZZfest Band" and "Least Favorite OZZfest Band" at the same time. :rolleyes: That's how much they suck.

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

I hate them... :blink:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I love Chop Suey, Toxicity, Boom and Aerials. Innervision and Snowblind are pretty good too.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I love them! My favourites are Sugar, War, Soil, Mind, Chop Suey!, Toxicity, and Streamline.

And for all the SOAD fans who haven't checked out their self-titled CD, you NEED to get it! :D

And yeah I hear you Will! :p

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

their new album "steal this album" is supposed to be crap

Magick

Magick Ambient

I love them, they're my third favorite band (behind LP and Metallica). I have all three of their albums but I think I've only listened to Steal This Album once. :wth:

Favorite songs: Suite-Pee, Sugar, Spiders, ATWA, Chop Suey!, The Prison Song, and Boom!

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

:lol: what the heck? now, that's funny.
    SOAD is good to listen for fun, their music doesn't have much meaning to it. they're just O K ! :whistle:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

The first album and 2 unreleased songs: Snowblind and Shame on a N!gga are the best. Everything else is crap.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

System of a Down are alright. Songs I like are probably Chop Suey, Toxicity and Aerials

Toxicity all the way, the song not the album. although the album is mint

Methybrea

:lol: what the heck? now, that's funny.
    SOAD is good to listen for fun, their music doesn't have much meaning to it. they're just O K ! :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    What in the HELL are you talking about?

SOAD's stuff is very meaningful! Boom! talks about capitalism and corruption in the world, with the video full of great facts and messages directed by Michael Moore himself! Prison Song outlines the folly of the American prison system, Deer Dance states:

'Beyond the Staples Center/You can see America/With its blind, poor avenging disgrace/Peaceful loving youth against the brutality/Of plastic existence'

Science talks about how faith is 'the most potent element of human existence' and says that 'Science has failed our Mother Earth'. Shimmy talks about blind conformity, Toxicity is in a nutshell talking about the 'toxicity of our city'. Suite-Pee has some religous idioms, Suggestions has a great metaphor in its lyrics, Ddevil says to 'Shake your spear at Shakespeare', in Soil Serj yells 'Don't you/Realize/Evil/ Lives in the mother***** skin', CUBErt quotes: 'Cliche people cannot dare', and Politically Lying Unholy Cowardly Killers (PLUCK) is all about the Armenian Genocide which ended in the slaughter of millions. Chic'N'Stu says a recipe for Pizza but they also discuss how advertisement makes him need therapy, or basically how businesses go on overkill when it comes to ads. ADD talks about the 'American Dream', and I could say a lot more too!

So read this and tell me that SOAD's songs have no meaning!

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Chop Seuy! is not meaning less, at the begging of the song before they start playing thney say "lets move into suicide...", which means chop seuy is about suicide.

Methybrea

In Chop Suey he talks about the constant daily routine 'Wake Up, Grab a brush, put on a little make up' and the effects 'hide the scars to fade away the shakeup'. Then he talks about 'self-righteous suicide' or something like that. It is more like a metaphor, but still it has lots of meaning!