Do You Think Linkin Park Will Last?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Feb 22, 2011.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Outta all the bands I like, I reckon LP have the highest chance of staying together and lasting the longest. Theirs hardly and friction between the members its been basically the same lineup the past 10 years. They'll keep it going. and their popular enough to last as long as they physically can.

A friend of mine reckons they should retire due to their new sound. Fat chance. I hope they prove him wrong and last for another 10 years.

Hopefully they'll last as long as the Rollingstones. They have the potential :)

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

They will only last if they eventually drop their HT/Meteora songs off their setlists completely. I can't see Chester screaming whiny lyrics and tearing down his vocal chords for another 20 years.

Benjam'in

Benjam'in New Member

I respectfuly disagree with you Blakee Dammet. I think they're just beggining. They have begun hitting radios everywhere a lot more then they used to and their music is almost the entire soundtrack of the new Transformers movies. Which ain't much but kids everywhere are wondering, "what's that song again." They're on the rise.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Nobody is on the rise sales-wise. Nobody will ever sell that much again. Hybrid Theory was pretty much the last mega-successful album since 2000. Everybody's sales have been dramatically dropping since then.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

The only thing I have to add to this thread is the realization by me that the band members seem less involved with each other on stage than they used to. Don't get me wrong, they still put on a great show, but I was surprised to see how often Joe and Brad left the stage during the Las Vegas show. I don't know if that was a normal thing or not, but it struck me as weird for some reason. Read into that what you will, but Joe and Brad didn't seem hardly as enthusiastic as the rest of the band members during the performance. Still a great show though.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Linkin Park will stay together as willfully as an old married sex deprived couple, clinging onto each for the sake of their kids (fans) income and living.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

^^^^

This

LPFan4everDS

LPFan4everDS Well-Known Member

^^ This!

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

I agree with the Mike/Chester thing although many fans would tear me to shreds. I listen to Linkin Park as a vocal/lyrical band... not instrumental. None of their instrumentals are difficult... pretty much any guitar player can play LP guitar and bass player LP bass...

I hope they won't split up anytime soon, however, if their next record flops, I can see them kind of 'giving up'. I don't know, I'd LIKE to believe that LP don't care about sales at all but I'm sure they do (they can deny it all they want).

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

In terms of technical ability, or at least the amount they've shown so far, yes. But it might not be as simple as being able to play their existing songs because that might not be all that they contribute, and they might not necessarily function as well without them and/or with other people. So I'll stop just short of saying they're definitely expendable.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Just stop playing Given Up, lol. Honestly, that song alone could wipe our Chester's vocal chords. Songs like In The End, Numb, Breaking the Habit, and even Crawling (usually the crowd just sings the chorus) can still be played from HT/Meteora though.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Oh no of course Linkin Park would not be the same without them. I would never want them to leave. What I meant by my comment was that it would be much more crucial if Chester or Mike left simply because their technical abilities are hard to replace since they are a very vocally focused group.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

In the "other four"'s defense, even though their parts may be easy, they still came up with them. Just because a beginning guitar player can learn Faint in a day doesn't mean that it's not one of the catchiest guitar riffs EVER :awesome:

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

The issue is not if anyone can play their catalog instrumental wise, its can anyone just come up with/write it? Because if anyone could, they would have and we would have millions of Linkin Park all successful at selling records and being one the biggest acts. Not just anyone has the winning formula that makes up Linkin Park which is the whole and not the sum of its parts.

Its easy to say "that song is easy to play and that song is so simple." The hard part is writing something that millions of people can connect with and care about. A complicated guitar riff is great. But does anybody but yourself care? The magic formula is writing music that you care about and love and millions of others love and care about too; if the plan is to be a band professionally and not just as a hobby.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Anyone can come up with it. It's not like they are playing guitar like The Mars Volta, where it's simple but crazy to even think of. LP just has power chords over and over and over and over. Anyone can make catchy riffs that way. The reason there aren't a million Linkin Park's is because Chester is one of the better vocalists in the world.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Uh, hence the keywords: "winning formula ." And i hardly doubt LP's success is due to just Chester's awesome vocals. I call bullshit. There is only so much a good singer can do with a shitty song just like great acting cannot turn a bad script into a good movie. So your conclusion is faulty.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

At the end of the day, Linkin Park IS Mike Shinoda, and Chester is a recurring instrument in his songs.

If Chester made Linkin Park successful then how comes Dead By Sunrise failed on it's ass?

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

because it's not linkin park. people expected DBS to be another HT IMO.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:awesome: agreed in the fact that Mike is pretty much the "Kobe" in the writing stage. Mike and Chester said so themselves on fuse.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

i think they would last. theyre creative enough. i just think future music will have less screaming in it and more melody to it. and i agree with the whole certain songs either be dropped or being used as an excuse to have fans to sing along to. i actually do see them using crawling in the future as just a sing along song for the crowd. i see nothing wrong with that.

right now i see no reason for them to break up. theyre doing pretty well.. seem to enjoy touring.. A LOT... and seem to look forward to writing new stuff. but who knows about the future? i just say.. enjoy em while they last.