Do you miss the old LP??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by pooldude, Feb 3, 2011.

pooldude

pooldude Give it all away just to hav someone to go home to

I know i am not the first one to say that the old songs from Hybrid theory and Metora were LP's true identity and i know i will receive comments such as " They are trying something fresh" and "Can't a band change the type of music it creates."

But i honestly want to ask that the changes that LP is bringing in their music now is it better than the old one like Somewhere I Belong, Numb, Papercut and Don't Stay. What do you say because personally i want the old LP back.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

People change with time. But that isn't always a bad thing!

Coincidentally I accidently stumbled upon this while browsing images for my ipod.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/taproot-linkin-park-show-mad-v-day-love-clutch

I really wish I was old enough back in the early years of the band's career. I would definitely have flown out of my city to see the band. Their live shows always sounded so awesome! Filthy, but awesome! Ah well, I lived vicariously through the exploits of the Frat Party DVD I guess.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If I want it there's already about 10 years worth of it there, so I never find myself missing ti. And yeah, I would say they're better now.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The only song you mentioned in your post that I still find tolerable is Papercut...so no, not particularly.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Do you miss the old LP? I like the 'old LP', but no I don't miss them.
    Believe me when I say that I was like 'omg is this Linkin Park?' when MTM came out, and the album did took me a long time to start appreciating it. It was at best a mellow album in my first impression, but started to grow on me over the year.
    There's no such thing as 'true identity of LP' in my opinion, every music they make is a part of them.
    Yes they came out as so called nu-metal band but they never admitted that they were, they were always and always will be making music they like, and not to boost sales.
    I missed the old LP, but now I've moved on, same as I missed my teenage life (not that I'm old now though...) but am living in the present. It's just like asking 'do you miss black-and-white filmography' or 'do you miss paper mail (as compared to email)'

The changes that LP is bringing in their music now is it better than the old ones? Yes, yes, and yes.
    I can't imagine having 'Hybrid Theory part 3' and liking it. Meteora betters HT but their creativity was already at the borders.
    MTM was an indication of what they can do, ATS expands that boundary.
    In the old LP era, their music style hardly changed, every song sounded as if it were copies of one another. In the present era, each song represents differently, and the depth of the albums they make becomes a lot more intense, and less boring over time.

Last thing I wanna say is,
    Old LP times: Linkin Park? Ya I like their songs, I like Numb, Breaking the Habit, In The End etc.
    Present LP times: I like Linkin Park.

PS: Sorry for typing so much, didn't realize until I stopped :p

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

do people ever stop talking about he old lp and how they miss them and stuff?

Dean

Never.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I miss the NEW LP. :(

Dean

I miss the future LP.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

My comment isn't that they're trying something fresh, its that there is no such thing as the "true LP identity" that doesn't include their past middle, and present and the future. To claim you know their true identity is beyond ridiculous. I don't know why its so hard for some people to accept that bands along with their music can be 3-dimensional like any human being.

3 years later after the big change, the whining gets old and this is what this thread is. It may sound rude, but this thread deserves it. Just because you refuse to accept that people change even when in a band and making music just like you or any other human being out there doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer along with you.

Ht + R + M + MtM + ATS + Future = LP's Identity which is always getting more complex.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I miss the old LP sometimes... but then I just put in ATS and feel better.. :awesome:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

:kappa: says that everyone should worship the new LP...and we all know that :kappa:'s word is LAW.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Who's that guy anyway... I wanna know the lawmaker.

Ree

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I can't stand a lot of their old stuff anymore. It's sooooo simple. I'm surprised nobody else could have made something equally as good before they came around. I don't know why they didn't release like 2 albums a year back then so they could make a ton of money and got closer to the end of their Warner contract. There's no way HT or Meteora music would take more than 6 months to make, even if you were pretty lackadaisical about it.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I do sometimes. When I listen to the "old" LP there is just a energy inside the music thats I think the new music doesnt capture that much. And I kinda miss the angst teen lyrics that connected millions of people to the band. But I just wish I was like 16 when Hybrid Theory came out so I could have experienced a concert back then instead of being like 8 lol. I really just want them to come out with hard hitting songs like In The End, Crawling, Breaking the habit, Numb. But i satisfied with ATS, though im hoping there next CD wont be like ATS.

pooldude

pooldude Give it all away just to hav someone to go home to

tx a lot for the link...it was nice reading it

your second paragraph was so good....i realized that it is true that one song looks like a copy of another but at the same time i love both the copies...i don't know why but i am still having trouble moving on with their mosic still tx ;)

I guess you did not read what i wrote in my post that i had not written this for comments like yours.... sorry but i dont appreciate it

I am not whining, i just wanted to know was i the only one or there were others who thought like me and i got the answer so i'll just move on with there new music

dude you the man....you perfectly understand what i feel like

Ree

Quintuple posting, ZOMGZ :uh:

No, I don't miss the old LP. Imo, their music and lyrics are so much better now, I don't really connect with the angsty HT/Meteora lyrics.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

haha i may be the man but im gonna need to ask you to stop posting one after another... thats a no no in the forum world

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Please don't octopost, or double post. :lol: You can edit your post by clicking the edit post button in the bottom right of the post box, you can also click the multiquote icon (the speech mark with the + symbol) to quote a number of posts at once. :thumbsup: