Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staind

Ambient
    There hasnt been a thread for a few pages on them, so I figured I would make one.

I wasnt sure myself if I was going to get their new album, "14 Shades Of Grey" due out May 20th, but after hearing this 5 song sampler of it, I know ill buy it on day one. Here a mini review of the sampler:

These are just minute or so clips of the songs, so its a bit hard to fully review them, but whatever.

Yesterday - Awesome drum beat, and the guitar is pretty nice too. The chorus is the best part through.

How About You - Well, this song has potential, but the first bit I heard wasnt the best, still sounded pretty decent through.

So Far Away - Acoustic a little bit, but the chorus is the real hook here. Okay I guess.

Zoe Jane - Way too sappy, I dont really like it. Sounds like "Outside".

Fray - Amazing. This pretty much is the song that makes me wanna buy the CD.

All in all, Yesterday and Fray are the best so far, and I guess I will have to wait until May 20th to hear the rest. And if you want the sampler, it is on IRC. I found it on irc.phazenet.com.

So, who else here likes Staind? Who else plans on picking up their new CD May 20th?

Originally posted by sup103@May 6 2003, 06:08 PM
    There hasnt been a thread for a few pages on them, so I figured I would make one.

I wasnt sure myself if I was going to get their new album, "14 Shades Of Grey" due out May 20th, but after hearing this 5 song sampler of it, I know ill buy it on day one. Here a mini review of the sampler:

These are just minute or so clips of the songs, so its a bit hard to fully review them, but whatever.

Yesterday - Awesome drum beat, and the guitar is pretty nice too. The chorus is the best part through.

How About You - Well, this song has potential, but the first bit I heard wasnt the best, still sounded pretty decent through.

So Far Away - Acoustic a little bit, but the chorus is the real hook here. Okay I guess.

All in all, Yesterday and Fray are the best so far, and I guess I will have to wait until May 20th to hear the rest. And if you want the sampler, it is on IRC. I found it on irc.phazenet.com.

So, who else here likes Staind? Who else plans on picking up their new CD May 20th?
    I was sure I was going to get it. Then I had some doubts about buying it the day it came out because I was low on cash. But i've since made $150 and i'm definately buying it.

which channel on irc.phazenet.com? I'm intrigued about the sampler.

Ambient
    Originally posted by LPFAN05+May 6 2003, 08:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LPFAN05 @ May 6 2003, 08:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sup103@May 6 2003, 06:08 PM

I was sure I was going to get it. Then I had some doubts about buying it the day it came out because I was low on cash. But i&#39;ve since made &#036;150 and i&#39;m definately buying it.

which channel on irc.phazenet.com? I&#39;m intrigued about the sampler. [/b][/quote]
    Oh, type /list and you will see it in the topic of the channel. There is only a few that have it, so you might have a bit of trouble, but my advice is to try all the channels that list it.

Originally posted by sup103+May 6 2003, 06:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sup103 @ May 6 2003, 06:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -LPFAN05@May 6 2003, 08:49 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--sup103
    @May 6 2003, 06:08 PM

I was sure I was going to get it. Then I had some doubts about buying it the day it came out because I was low on cash. But i&#39;ve since made &#036;150 and i&#39;m definately buying it.

which channel on irc.phazenet.com? I&#39;m intrigued about the sampler.
    Oh, type /list and you will see it in the topic of the channel. There is only a few that have it, so you might have a bit of trouble, but my advice is to try all the channels that list it. [/b][/quote]
    thanks alot, i&#39;m in queue 3.

note to everyone: don&#39;t type "@staind" in the channel, about 50 windows pop up.

try:
    &#33;LostSoul Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey - Sampler - 01 - Yesterday.mp3
    &#33;LostSoul Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey - Sampler - 02 - How About You.mp3
    &#33;LostSoul Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey - Sampler - 03 - So Far Away.mp3
    &#33;LostSoul Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey - Sampler - 04 - Zoe Jane.mp3
    &#33;LostSoul Staind - 14 Shades Of Grey - Sampler - 05 - Fray.mp3

or @LostSoul in #100%-free-mp3s

Ambient
    lol, thats excatly who I got it from. He has a .zip of them, you know.

I&#39;ve heard Yesterday and How About You, so far. they&#39;re both awesome.

I can&#39;t believe thr track listing and album art haven&#39;t been released yet, it&#39;s just 2 weeks before the release date.

Ambient
    I agree, through they have this placeholder at my FYE, the cover is gray (suprising, I know) with the logo on it.

lol, who would of guessed.

Bryan
    Originally posted by sup103@May 6 2003, 04:38 PM
    The reason it may sound a little "sappy" is because it is about his daughter, Zoe.

Ambient
    Originally posted by Bryan+May 6 2003, 09:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ May 6 2003, 09:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sup103@May 6 2003, 04:38 PM
    The reason it may sound a little "sappy" is because it is about his daughter, Zoe. [/b][/quote]
    I see. It wasnt really awful, its just the sample of the song didnt really appeal to me.

Y2K
    One of my fave bands

Staind is one of the best bands. When Aaron sings, you can really feel the pain in his lyrics. I will be buying their new cd when it comes out. I can&#39;t wait to hear it.
    .:.Past LP Shows.:.
    2/13/2002 // Projekt Revolution // Philadelphia, PA
    1/20/2004 // Meteora World Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/25/2007 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    7/19/2008 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    1/31/2011 // A Thousand Suns Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/17/2012 // Honda Civic Tour // Camden, NJ

Bryan
    Aaron and Mike just kicked ass covering Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. :chemist:

Originally posted by Bryan@May 6 2003, 09:34 PM
    Aaron and Mike just kicked ass covering Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. :chemist:
    I just saw that. I absolutely loved it&#33;
    *applauds Aaron and Mike*

I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. The Doctor's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bryan@May 7 2003, 01:34 AM
    HELL YES my friend, hell yes....now i gotta get the mp3

Originally posted by PtsOfAthrtyLP17+May 7 2003, 12:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PtsOfAthrtyLP17 @ May 7 2003, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bryan@May 7 2003, 01:34 AM
    HELL YES my friend, hell yes....now i gotta get the mp3 [/b][/quote]
    good luck finding it on the Staind forums, they&#39;re terrible.

Ambient
    Here is the placeholder album cover:

And the track listing:

1. Price to Play

2. How About You

3. So Far Away

4. Yesterday

5. Fray

6. Zoe Jane

7. Fill Me Up

8. Layne

9. Falling Down

10. Reality

11. Tonight

12. Could It Be

13. Blow Away

14. Intro

or there and back again
    The last track is called "Intro"?

Ambient
    Yeah, I know, weird.

Bryan
    Originally posted by Will@May 7 2003, 06:03 PM
    The last track is called "Intro"?
    Lmao, that&#39;s great. It would be funny if it was an actual intro-type thing. But I think it will be an acoustic song done by Aaron.

Thread Information