LPAMAN & The Missing Phoenix Full Release Now Available For Download!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Pressing shift 5 times still brings up the dialogue to activate it though. Which is frustrating since that's the only life I've lost thus far. Just finished World 1. The boss bar for Fireman is badly placed IMO, but yeah. Other than some frustrating control issues (accuracy of jumps, inconsistencies etc), it's fairly easy. Fun though.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

The band will certainly shout out for this. Great job guys!
    I will play after......my exams.... :sweating:

Minus

There seems to be an error in World 2-3. It's on one of the ledges right before the extra life you have to Super Jump to get (right before the trio of two-shot enemies and the Krillin on the ledge protecting a health I believe).

The collision is a bit off. As in it registers you as 'off' the ledge while you're actually still on the ledge. It's on the right side.

EDIT: World 2-5 has another error.

[thumb]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/minusxero/bug.png[/thumb]

EDIT EDIT: World 3-1 has this little doozy:

[thumb]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/minusxero/bug2.png[/thumb]

And of further note, I think it's kinda ridiculous that in World 3-2 when you go to the very top left room with the extra life, there's absolutely no way to get out other than dying.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I know you guys posted the beta of this on staff forums. Those of you that played, I'm so ashamed of you! You guys should be finding these bugs and errors before release, not from me after release. Be better beta testers, please. :lol:

On that note, there's one thing I forgot that I didn't screenshot during World 2. There's a point where one wall that should be solid is completely nonexistent. I'll go back tomorrow after work and find the exact spot and screenshot it, but just thought you should know it's there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Minus, it'd be easier if you either PMed or e-mailed these bugs to me. There's probably a lot of collision bugs that I missed. It happens.

Also, this is not a professionally developed game. There's no hired QA, and testing was completely voluntary from a pool of people I trusted. I did several runs myself and obviously I missed a couple bugs. Still, there's no need to be so rude.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

If I'm not mistaken, before "RESIDENT BADASS" it read "RESIDENT ASSHOLE".

I still have to try this game out! I'll get one of my Windows buddies to download it, but it looks promising, Keaton! Keep up being awesome at nearly fucking everything it looks like :lol:

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

yay I grew up playing these kinds of frustrating games, Megaman 2 and Megaman X are my favorite.

Anyway, great job, love the art, but the jumping doesn't feel consistent and thank god I'm using a Playstation 2 controller to play this game via USB converter and joy2key which lets you map joystick devices to keyboard buttons.

I'm at 2-3 right now, I hate when I super jump into a corner and die, why did you add that feature? oh why oh why....

edit: btw love the Turtles in Times references, Big Apple 3AM!!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah keep in mind guys that Keaton developed this by himself without any help from outside development studios. The entire staff beta tested it but even with that, every experience is different and people are going to find new things. That's why we will be fixing any issues and releasing patches as we go along.

Don't blame Keaton for making shift the jump key. Blame Microsoft for using such a frequently used key to enable such a feature. The first time this alert came up, I went into settings and completely disabled sticky keys as well as the prompt. I never saw it again so you must have done something wrong when you disabled it Minus.

Also, 3-2 is certainly finishable without dying. All staff (even those who suck at this game) got through it. Its a hard level, and the manual even pays tribute to that if you've read through it.

Everyone plays the game differently and thus glitches you find are ones others may never encounter. It doesn't mean we're shitty beta testers, but more that some things just got missed. We encourage you and others to always keep us posted, and we'll update as we are alerted to them.

Minus

I know it's finishable without dying, there's just a point in the level where if you reach a certain point to get an extra life, there's no exit. I'll make a video of it when I get home today.

And further, I'm not meaning to be an ass. I was just pointing out bugs. Notice that I meticulously attempted to recreate the bugs I encountered and captured screenshots. If I didn't, I attempted to relay where the problem was and what it was specifically.

Then I'd point out my earlier post saying that the game was easy but fun. I'm enjoying it. I'm just reporting on certain things in order to help with improving what I believe to be a quality product.

And as to the 'shitty beta tester' comment, I figured with my reputation and my use of the :lol: that my tone was something you'd recognize as sarcasm.

Derek

The thing is, it's getting harder to realize when you're being sarcastic and just trying to be a deliberate dick. As time goes on, that line starts to blur and even those who were used to your signature brand of humor have trouble telling if you're joking around. Hence Keaton calling you rude, and me chastising you as well. You need to know when to tone down the classic Minus attitude, cause sometimes...it rubs people the wrong way. Just saying.

And actually...I think Keaton deliberately put some powerups as a trap :lol:. He wont confess to it, but I believe he's a masochist and did at least 1-2 during the game just to be deliberately impossible. And yeah if you think the game is easy, just wait :lol:. There's one boss that we all agreed will probably make people throw their keyboard through a window.

Minus

You underestimate my patience with platformers. I've spent countless hours attempting and succeeding no save-state runs of Kaizo Mario World levels.

And why would Minus tone down his classic Minus attitude? That just doesn't make sense. If you're rubbed the wrong way, maybe you should think about getting rubbed the right way. If you know what I mean. Ask shankyshank, I'm sure he'd be down.

Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

thats awesome! wow i was looking at keaton's site just yesterday and wondering when will it release :)

Derek

Hope you enjoy! Please be sure to read the manual before playing (PDF file) and make sure you extract the ENTIRE archive so that the game isn't corrupt. Also, if you encounter any bugs/glitches/game stopping crashes let Keaton know via PM. We will periodically release patches to fix any bugs that may/may not be found. :)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Haven't played much, just the first level (and failed to complete it btw) but I've gotta say I love the soundtrack :)

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I´m really excited for this...the first thing I am going to do when I get home!!!

I thought some comments here might ruin my excitement but no :lol:

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Absolutely loving the game, still on the first world, believe I am on level 4. Going to make a Facebook post about this one / spread the word.

Derek

Thank you! Please do, and get your friends to join LPA and give their opinions too!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This looks so awesome and I like the whole concept! Well done Keaton, I'll play it at some point :)

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'll get to this soon.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I hope you guys enjoy the game. Two things I'd stress the most: have patience and read the manual. :lol:

Usually I have no problem with your attitude. But considering almost all my free time over the last year has gone into this project and everyone who tested donated their time, it'd be nice if even you could recognize that and be a little more respectful regardless of your "reputation". I dig that you want to help iron out the bugs that were missed, and that's cool, but I'd rather you not devalue the hard work put into this project while doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.