Linkin Park Feels "Energized" to Write New Music on the Road

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Billboard.com have posted an article which highlights the bands desire to write new music on the road, and possibly release an album sooner rather than later. The article also covers Phoenix heading to Haiti before the US tour kicks off, side-projects and the possibility of the band using 3D technology in future website & video projects. Check out the excerpts and full article below.

"I like we're where at right now," the group's Mike Shinoda said during a conference call with reporters. "Creatively I feel like the band is really energized...We are really trying to get focused on getting in the studio as often as possible...It's definitely on our minds that we want to be trying to write as much as we can."

"We're always writing," he notes. "I think we benefit from the fact that the music recording and writing technology has gotten so compact and so easy to carry around in your laptop. I keep getting emails from the guys in the band saying, 'Hey, you want to get together and write some stuff? What are you up to? Are you bringing your gear on the road?' I expect on this next run they'll be knocking on my hotel door looking to collaborate on some ideas. It's definitely a creative time for us; hopefully that means the next record is in the works."

"It's not like 12 months of straight touring, like it used to be," he explains. "It's more like write and tour, then write and tour. It's nice to be able to get into the studio in the middle of a cycle...go home and write a little bit. It just keeps it more fresh on my mind."

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Good to hear. Still don't expect an album before 2013.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sure we will get new stuff early next year if they are now writing and recording on tour.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

2019 is only a few years away guys! :D

This is good news.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Of course I don't expect a new full-length album in 2011, but maybe we could get an EP this year...?

I can dream right?

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

with the way this sounds, id say the earliest we'd get a full new album would be early 2012

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

An album sometime in 2012 would be very nice but I won't get my self worked up till we know for sure.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't blame people for thinking it'll be later, but I think something in 2012 is maybe a possibility.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IMO, it'll take them a while to whittle down the best songs. Sure, they should have a lot of recorded demos and ideas by the end of this year and next, but we know from the ATS documentary they want to push themselves to make something new every time. That means it'll be the ATS process again, though probably not as strenuous. I'd still put in a bid for early 2013.

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

I do expect an album in 2012, just because it sounds that way, "We're not touring like we used to" and man they toured ALOT. - Thats why ATS was such a long wait. Well that and how progressive the band had changed. But anyway, " It's not like we Tour and Tour, we Tour then write, Tour then Write". Guys, Im sure LP Were only writing songs late 2008 For ATS. What i'm saying is, i doubt After MtM LP didn't Start focussing on a new album. But This time, they are. Thinking that an album could release after 2012... is just a sickening thought, it's realistic, but i'm just bored of it. Yno? I'd like to see a 10 track album in 2012. Than a 15 track full length song album in 2013+. Just Saying.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I just hope it doesn't pull an ATS. Think it's coming out in 2009 only to get delayed for several reasons, think it's coming out early 2010 only to be moved again to late 2010... A Thousand Suns was worth the wait but the wait was killer.

As long as LP doesn't get hit with a bunch of projects between now and 2012 along with the touring then I say... *MAYBE* :awesome:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

I know atleast a couple of you will correct me by saying this. But honestly, We don't listen to the album much any more do we guys? Not A thousand suns. And not as an album. We may have 1 or 2 songs we like that we listen to at the moment. But after a breif while, that song will get repetitve for you, and you wont like it as much. When we first got ATS, we loved it, sure. but that spark goes just like any album after a month. My point is, Yes i would usually say id rather high quality Tracks that they spend longer on. But that was then, and i've grown to know that it doesnt work for me because it just doesnt seem worth the wait as it used to be. Album in 2012...Is more than possible, it's Almost certain, but They just Perfectionists, thats good, but it annoys me. Anyone heared Drum song? (Little things give you away). Yeah i preffered that that little things give you away...My point NOW is that they perfect a song, and get rid of things, that we dont want removed, But these guys have had many months with the songs, ofcourse theyre gonna get bored and find a way to make the song "Better" as time goes on... Anyone agree?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'll estimate a March 2011 release.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

:blink::eek:
    Yessss, new lp soon, Well i think Ree got the release date right.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Well recording sessions for ATS probably started around October/November 2008, and then it took till September 2010. They had a ton of stuff going in between however, from New Divide to all this touring business. I would slate this release for 2012 probably, unless they're really looking for an overhaul the size of the sound changeover from the Meteora sound to the MTM one.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah, 31st December 2019. Remember that date.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

..No. Don't say "we," just because you feel something personally doesn't mean I do too.

I'm excited for new Linkin Park music because A Thousand Suns is, in my opinion, clearly their best work, and if there's more coming, then that's awesome.

And I still listen to ATS all the way through quite often, except I skip Fallout/The Catalyst.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Well haven't they always worked on music on the road? You watch Frat Party and they have their gear at the back of a bus.

Anyway, I still wouldn't really expect a release before mid-late 2012, but probably more like 2013.

And I agree with Xero21, I still listen to ATS straight through regularly (Fallout/The Catalyst included though) and I look forward to more.

I agree on some points (not about drum Song being better than the finished song) about them being perfectionists and might spend too long "fixing" a song. Or at least they used to. They'll still work a long time on a song, but now they actually compare the worked up version with the earlier one to see which is better. It's a lesson they learned writing MTM, they say as much in the DVD, Rob talks about "A - B'ing" tracks.

Umz93

Umz93 Active Member

Personally I dont mind how long they take as long as they can live up to the standard of A Thousand Suns. I wouldnt mind one or two new songs though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.