Chester and Phoenix's Metallica Tributes

Discussion in 'News' started by Bryan, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bryan

Bryan Guest

Recently both Chester and Phoenix had their most memorable Metallica memory put up on MTV.com. You can read their Celebrity Tributes, as MTV puts it, below.

Phoenix:
    "Hey this is Phoenix from Linkin Park and my favorite Metallica memory was when they came around doing the Monster of Rock tour with Guns ‘N Roses. At that point in my life that was probably the best thing that ever happened to me, it was a great tour – everything about it."

Chester:
    "This is Chester from Linkin Park. I think my best Metallica moment was the first time I had ever heard Metallica's music. It was Ride the Lightning and that's probably my favorite song that they do, and that kind of opened me up to the whole style of music and kind of made me understand the cliché of heavy metal for being wastoids and idiots – at least in my school it was uncool to be one of the heavy metal guys. And I couldn't understand it because Metallica was writing such great music with such great lyrics and it was so intricate and complicated and smart. And I think that was one of the pivotal moments for me when I decided I had to put my preconceptions down and be open minded to all different kinds of things."

Members of Linkin Park will also be appearing on the actual show. The rumor of Linkin Park performing a Metallica Cover Tribute is still questionable, however.
    mtvICON: Metallica premieres Tuesday, May 6 at 9:00 p.m.(EST) on MTV.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Sorry, I didn't even see your post. I was just on MTV.com and I found it, so I didn't "steal" it from you. ;)

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Sorry, I didn't even see your post. I was just on MTV.com and I found it, so I didn't "steal" it from you. ;) [/b][/quote]
    ok...Linkin Park will just be there they will not perform. I found the page that got the commercial. Click here to download it. I recommend that you download it 'low.'

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Ye make [Darken Hybrid] a moderator ;) Hey "Darken" don't fogret to thank me when they make you a moderator ;) till then i can think of a reward for my support :)

emmylpfan

emmylpfan New Member

emmylpfan

emmylpfan New Member

Sorry! :eek:
    the link don't go to their pics directly.
    You have to search a word "Linkin Park",then click go.

you'll see.....

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

cool pics.......shame you have to join :(

Bryan

Bryan Guest

No.

Staff is filled, no one will be hired unless someone would happen to leave, which most likely won't happen.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

No.

Staff is filled, no one will be hired unless someone would happen to leave, which most likely won't happen. [/b][/quote]
    I'm just kidding :)

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

did LP go to the Metallica icon thing then? there not in any of the pics on mtv.com
    Did chester present an award or whatever he was presenting?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Only Chester was there. Him and Travis(of Blink 182) introduced KoRn's cover of One.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.