Drowning Pool

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by [Darken Hybrid], May 5, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I was a big fan of them. I was introduced by their hit single "Bodies". It's a great song and it was featured in some movies, The One, Jason X trailer and DareDevil trailer, to name a few. I was about to buy their album when I heard the shocking news. I felt so sad and my heart was filled with sorrow. They were such a great band... :(

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I was sad when I heard the news, I was sad. It wasn't until recently Drowning Pool would never have a sophomore album... Well, not with Dave Williams :(.

It's too bad, but I love their music. "Sinner" was one of my favorite albums last year. Still a favorite album, but not my top anymore, but I still respect them :).

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I havent heard many songs of theirs. Only about 5. Bodies is a great song. Its still sad about Dave Williams :(

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's sad about Dave Williams but it was worse because everyone was saying he was a junky (which the band said he wasn't) Bodies was a good song.

R.I.P. Dave Williams

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

They're good. R.I.P.Dave Williams :(

Really really good. Never got round to buying the album though :(

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Really really good. Never got round to buying the album though :( [/b][/quote]
    I didn't either.....I think they have just released a DVD called Sinema (Correct me if i'm wrong)

Cool if they have

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

I heard 'Bodies' on the radio last week and I went ahead and downloaded the entire Sinner CD and when I was done I went around the net and learned that Dave Williams is dead. How long ago did he die?

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

He died on August. And yeah the DVD is called Sinema honoring Dave.

DVD FEATURES OVER 2 ½ HOURS OF:
    * INSANE, UNCENSORED BEHIND- THE-SCENES FOOTAGE
    On the road, backstage and at home in Dallas, TX
    * UNSEEN LIVE BOOTLEG VIDEOS
    * MUSIC VIDEOS + "MAKING OF" FOOTAGE
    Including "BODIES", "SINNER" and "TEAR AWAY" with optional commentary by the band
    * RARE AND EXCLUSIVE SONGS
    * EXCLUSIVE TRIBUTES TO DP’S LATE FRONTMAN DAVE WILLIAMS INCLUDING A HOME VIDEO FROM DIMEBAG DARRELL OF PANTERA
    plus tributes from Sonny from P.O.D., David Draiman of Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Zakk Wylde, and members of Ill Nino, Adema, Seether, Finger Eleven and more

Here's a picture of him.
    [​IMG] REST IN PEACE, DAVE.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Just because Dave has gone on doesn't mean that Drowning Pool is dead. The surviving members of the band have decided to go on without Dave. I think the guitarist is going to be the lead singer now or something.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Drowning Pool are great. (notice I said "are" because they're still a band). I was really saddened by the death of Dave Williams, seeing that he was an excellent vocalist and lyricist and that he was also a very caring man. I'm happy to see that DP are still going to go on, in memory of Dave. Their song with Rob Zombie off the Daredevil Soundtrack was great, and I'm sure they'll continue to create great music.

Fave songs: "Tear Away", "Bodies", "Sinner", "Pity", "I Am" and "Sermon". The whole cd is great. I'll have to check out the DVD too.

I kept on getting conflicting reports on why Dave passed on. I think it was denied that he choked on his own vomit, was it natural causes or heart problems?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

No one ever really found out why Dave died. I guess we can all conclude that his heart just stopped beating. So I guess that would probably fall under 'natural causes'.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

i like their single "bodies" (like everyone else) my friend was horrified when she found out the actual lyrics...she thought they were "move your body to the flow" or something...i was like: um...no.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

It was weird, I did some research, and I got two different stories. One source claims that it was confirmed that he choked on his own vomit due to an drinking too much beer or alchohol, and then another source says that his heart gave out. I think the only true confirmation is that he died in his sleep. What a way to die... atleast it wasn't painful, I assume :blink:.

I don't remember where I got those from... I think it was on a fansite, but I'm not sure. To this day, I want to know how he died! He was such a caring man... I still can't believe it... It's like how I can't believe so many artists were lost these past few years.

Hypereaction

Hypereaction Member

the only song ive heard from them is Let the bodies hit the floor. good song good song.