Give Us A Mp3 Host

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Derek, May 4, 2003.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about us not having our mp3s up and to be quite honest? I don't like it much either.

After not having a mp3 section for a few months due to a deal that fell through, even yours truly the Assistant Webmaster of the LPA wants a mp3 section.

So thats why I'm asking for your help.

Anyone who has a FTP they have no use for that they would like to donate to the LPA please post here.

Requirements:
    1. Due to the high traffic on LPA, we prefer that your FTP host has quite a considerable amount of bandwidth. Don't say your host has unlimited bandwidth when it doesn't. As crazy as it sounds..we are looking for bandwidth that is 60GB and up.

2.Space, not as much but not puny either. Enough for a decent collection.

3.Only donate if your sure you have no use for the FTP and are fine with us being on it.

4. LPA can block direct-linkage of our mp3s to lessen the load on your servers.

===
    With that in mind, if your interested in helping the LPA, post your FTP specs(space and bandwidth) here. Hopefully with your help, the LPA can have a mp3 section again.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

let me rake around for mine

Derek

I want to talk to you about it first, so I can get an idea of bandwidth, space and etc.

I also want to keep in close contact with you because I'd be using your FTP.

Fury14

Fury14 Active Member

i have 2 gigs and 31 gigs bandwidth ?

Derek

That sounds pretty good. The space is very nice..bandwidth I dunno, but I guess we could try it for now...IM me on AIM: zshadowofadoubtz

lyingfromyou

lyingfromyou Banned

yea i wanted to download some songs but i can't. some one needs to donate.

Derek

This was a place to donate an FTP not whine about how the LPA doesnt have a media section, thank you very much.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Why dont you on the meantime find a free host that supports mp3 and just host the best ones you got? and then after you find the host you wanted then have them all up.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

A free website, like Geocities, wouldn't hold up for 5 minutes, lol. It would be a waste.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

free hosts give u about 20-30 mb, which is laim, they give u ok bandwidth if u look around for a good host actually......

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

This was a place to donate an FTP not whine about how the LPA doesnt have a media section, thank you very much. [/b][/quote]
    ;)

Bryan

Bryan Guest

free hosts give u about 20-30 mb, which is laim, they give u ok bandwidth if u look around for a good host actually...... [/b][/quote]
    Not to sound cocky, but no free host's bandwidth limit will hold up for the LPA. :lol: