LPUX LAUNCHES TODAY

Discussion in 'News' started by JJ, Nov 5, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Today marks the launch of the tenth year of the LPU. As reported here on the LPA in the past couple of weeks, this years subscription has a lot to offer. Be sure to check http://www.lpunderground.com for further details.

We’re excited to announce that starting today, you will be able to active your LPUX membership pre-order or transfer your LPU9 membership. Please be on the lookout for an email from Linkin Park with the subject “Redeem Your LPUX Membership NOW” which includes a unique code you will use to activate membership to LPUX. It is your responsibility to redeem this code IMMEDIATELY to continue your current subscription.

This is the first part of the LPUX roll out where you will ONLY be activating your membership or transferring your LPU9 membership over. LPUX community features, downloads, merch and more will be rolling out in the coming weeks.

The main focus of LPUX is all about giving you more (and better) Linkin Park experiences than ever before. As part of LPUX, we have already given you the opportunity to attend special events like the laser light show featuring a Q&A with Linkin Park, access to LP’s VMA’s performance, the New York City release show, the EMA’s, 2010 LP tour presales, and the upcoming LPU Summit. We’ve also opened up the LPU meet & greets at shows to include even more fans and all 6 members of Linkin Park.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about LPUX. The main goal is to give you the opportunity to take part in exciting experiences you can’t get anywhere else. Thanks for your continued support and patience through this transition. Join LPUX today.

-LPUHQ

Source: LP.com

Who is joining? We would like to hear your thoughts and opinions!

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I can't wait for the track listing for the CD.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I can't wait to log in that site.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

*amazed*

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*claps* Yay!

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Wait a sec... Does that mean that all of the meet and greets so far haven't been with all of the members of the band? :\

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not quite. It used to be back in the day that when you had a M&G from LPU that it'd be with the entire band with a LOT of LPUers attending at the same time as you, meaning you only got about 10 seconds to really talk to each band member. Some people felt this was less 'personal' and not really much of an experience, so to try and fix this problem, the LPU in about 2008-2009 tried this idea where the M&Gs would be with only two members of the band, with less LPUers in attendance meaning it was more intimate and you had a lot more time to speak to the guys. However; this also meant that people who never met the band before, were still not meeting "the band" but only 1/3 of the entire group. So this year they went back to the 'entire band' format. Not sure if they made any other changes to it though.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Ahhh, okay. I thought it had full band meet and greets but then that confused me. Makes sense now haha :)

Derek

I'm glad they went back to the old way too. Sure I may only get 5-10 seconds to say hello, but if I'm going to meet LP (which surprisingly I've yet to do), I'd want it to be the whole band. Not just a 3rd lol. Even if the third of the band that I meet are super nice :lol:.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

With it going back to the "old" format this year, there's been some changes. Before, they'd have anywhere from 100-150 LPU'ers (sometimes more LOL). Now it's about 50 max from the pictures I've seen. I believe they still have the table for you to go by and get stuff signed, but I also think like the band gets up and goes and mingles with fans for a few minutes AFTER that. That's how people have gotten pics with some of the members. Then the band takes a big group picture after that.

Pretty sure that's how it's working now. They haven't mingled at ALL of them...only a few...I guess it just depends on security/how LP is feeling that day, but you still do get a picture with them (you+all the others), which you didn't get before in the "old" format but you did get in the 2008-2009 format with the 2 members.

Personally I agree with thoughts about the "old" format being too informal even though it was effective in meeting the band. 2008-2009 format (I had one of these M&Gs) was a really bad format in my opinion. For example, I got Joe and Brad (no offense to either one, they're cool cats) but they seemed really tired/bored that day so it really wasn't all like "OMG I'M MEETING LP"...it was more like "oh, here's 1/3 of LP for 5 minutes". The new M&Gs get more time and are REALLY personal, so I feel the latest format they're doing is the best one they've attempted.

Derek

Thanks for the input/information :). I agree that 2008-2009 format sucked and I was really disappointed at the idea of meeting only two of the guys (as awesome and friendly as they might be, I'd love to meet the entire band) so it's good to see them returning back to the old ways, with some bonuses. I'm looking forward to meeting the band for the first time ever next year. Can you imagine that? 10 years of loving this band, and only meeting them for the first time next year. Nobody can believe I've ran LPA, but never met the band. They think I'm crazy :lol:.

Freddie92

Freddie92 Member

i got to be at the M&G in Denmark, it was with the whole band, and we all got take with us one item to get signed, and after we all got our stuff signed, we all got back and take a groupt shot, still havent got the group shot yet though....

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I've never been part of the LPU and I was thinking of getting it this year, but its pretty expensive for me.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

So what exactly are the features and benefits of LPUX? All I know is that the price is now double of that of all previous versions of the LPU. I would assume the features and benefits would be doubled as well to account for the dramatic increase in price. I'm also not considering events like LPU Summit as a valid benefit to the club. That summit is only benefitting a handful of LPU'ers yet we are all paying the same amount to be a part of the club. Unless they are having a LPU Summit in my area then I won't consider that a perk to the membership.

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

Im kinda mad... its only the regisration. You cant get in :(

but whatever. it says coming future!!!! I joined! same user name!

xxspuckxsorrisxx

YOU NEVER MET THE BAND!!??!?! lol jk.
    We gotta meet up in philly!

xxspuckxsorrisxx

Hawk: Whatever hawk evolution is have fun, super meat boy.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Please use the multiquote button if you're going to respond to multiple posts. Don't triple post. :blink:

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

That indeed is strange.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Honestly Derek that's kind of a fail :lol:. I've only been a huge fan for maybe 2 years and I'm meeting them next year :p

And I'm stoked with this current format. The 2008-2009 format sounds kind of lame. Let's face it, if Mike/Chester isn't there, it's not nearly as cool as an experience. So having all 6 is nice. And it appears that these meets are indeed personal (for example one fan influenced the band to play Reading My Eyes over BIO).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.