Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman2887 View Post
    Which was intentional in order to throw the audience off. Films aren't edited to fit real time, but edited to proper dramatic pacing. Sure we saw Batman "seconds" before the explosion, but that was how the film was purposefully cut: To trick you. Who knows how long it really took him to fly out there.
    Like in Australian MasterChef when they're still plating up with 5 seconds to go and when they're finished apparently their benches are tidier and their food is perfect.
    yawk yawk

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    As always HISHE is not blind.

LPAssociation.com ᴧdministrator Minus's Avatar
    Eh. HISHE is good at pointing out flaws in plot, but that doesn't necessarily make the movie it's mocking bad. He pulled up some good points with Inception, for example.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. Flagrare's Avatar
    I liked a LOT of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelle Botha
    FLAGRARE
    you naughty boy

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Gman2887's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's a reach, and for Nolan to expect the audience to put those two things together is a bit much.
    How? He does it all the time. Example: The throw away line about Levitt's character having no imagination in Inception, setting him up to find the imagination to wake everyone up in the elevator. It gave his character some development. The one liner from Joey "Pants" about who Sammy Jenkins really is in Memento. The dialogue in his films have always been about subtext. I don't think this line is a reach, but I'll go ahead and concur that it could've been emphasized better.

It absolutely could have been told more clearly. We have no idea how he got back into a heavily-guarded Gotham City. I felt like Nolan went "you come up with your own theory". It comes off as so lazy to me. Like he expected Batman/Nolan fans to use their imaginations instead of properly connecting the dots. I'd prefer that he took the time to explain the things we're going to question.

And don't even get me started on how he somehow had the time to paint a giant bat symbol in gasoline on a bridge without anybody noticing.

There's far too much expectation on the part of Nolan that the audience will simply suspend their disbelief and logical thinking in order to enjoy this movie. I had a long conversation with a huge DC fan who came up with excuse after excuse for the plotholes in this movie, as if he were pulling them out of thin air.

I like to think of myself as an intelligent, observant, attentive and engaged moviegoer. This movie simply didn't do it for me, while the first two did.
    To desire an explanation is fine and dandy, but to realize whether or not the movie truly needed it is another. After spending two films establishing what the Batman character is capable of I'm perfectly happy with suspending my disbelief for the sake of something greater going on within the film. Perhaps there were some lazy pieces to the film, but it doesn't take away from a larger and, frankly, more important arc.
    We Americans who travel abroad for the first time are often shocked to discover that, despite all the progress that has been made in the last 30 years, many foreign people still speak in foreign languages.

What is The Reception Project?

Just because some can forgive the film for its slew of conveniences and contrivances does not make it a better film. The death scene of Talia is proof enough that Nolan's vision this time around must have been slightly skewed if even something that glaringly bad was kept for the theatrical release. Though the film definitely has plenty of amazing moments, it is ultimately a clunky piece of work that chugs along, desperate to reveal the grand finale.

This goes out to everybody still hatin' Bennington_Hahn's Avatar
    Yep, these guys are talented mofo's!. Although, as good as this one is, I'm REALLY surprised they didn't touch on the scenes where Bruce climbs out the pit. I was totally expecting them to make Bruce miss the jump & then fall to his death

Formerly known as 1996_LP

Still my favorite movie of the year
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. Flagrare's Avatar
    hahahhahaha Very funny!

I have to bump this after seeing this posted in the IMDb Man Of Steel forum:

If Man Of Steel is like this, which it sounds like, I'll be pissed.

Thread Information