Warner Brothers Edit 'Faint'?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

According to reports, Linkin Park fans who have been awaiting Faint on their local radio stations have been treated to a slightly different sounding Faint.

A few people have reported tuning into thier radio stations, only to find out that the famous "Hear me out now!" bridge is nowhere to be found. Whether this is a radio edit, with the video version being different is yet to be confirmed. Either way; if this is indeed true, it is a very confusing and disapointing choice on behalf of Warner.

Such an unintelligent move could lead to losing potential audiences. If the rumor proves to be true, the heavy bridge that could of possibly led fans of harder music to Linkin Park now is gone, losing a potential audience for the band.

Since this is a developing story, it should not be treated as true news until we can confirm it's authenticity. Please treat this news as a rumor for the time being.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

this really sucks. if it really is true, that alot of metal heads and rock fans could be lead away from Linkin Park and "Meteora"

Bryan

Bryan Guest

As I was telling Derek earlier, I think it would be really stupid to have that part edited out. For one thing, the song is only 2:42 long, and 2nd, Chester is not cussing or yelling anything inappropiate.

And like Derek, and Mark said it will lose potential fans, the more metal-heads will hear it and realize Meteora has a fast, and heavy side of it too, as Somewhere I Belong did not showcase the heavy side very well.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

That better not be true. It absolutely makes no sense to edit that out. :mellow:

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

yeah i think it makes no sense to cut that part out but i dont think "metal-heads" would be drawn to it even if that part wasnt cut out

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

that is really stupid if the edit that part out...i really dont find chester sayin anythin wrong in that part of the song...and plus if they do take that part out the song will be less than 2:30...this is soo horriable.. :wth:

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is beyond stupid. If they let "Shut up when I'm talking to you" slide then why edit this out?

Besides that, it's probably just the radio stations doing that maybe?

StiRofEck0s

StiRofEck0s Well-Known Member

my local rock station has been playing the whole song, but if other stations took it out, it would sound too different to me, i like that part.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

thats probably the most pointless thing to do...it makes no sense in any way possible

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

They cant do that! It would never be the same without it. They have no reason to take it out! Hmm thats not fair.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think that at the end of the song on the radio etc.. they will say "To hear the full version of Faint go and buy Meteora" It could be a way of getting people to buy the cd its called a marketing scheme.(I think :p )

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

That's one of the best parts of the song :wth:

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

i'll put foot to a** for my fav band if they edit that out

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

that sucks i think that part is awesome

[chali]

[chali] Banned

OMG what the hell?! Faint is my fav song of all time! But this isn't official news yet plus it could only be a radio edit cos they can't play thr single until it comes at end of May so we could be in luck that it's only a radio edit and not how the actual single comes out...we just have to wait and see. Plus 100% of all LP's singles that are from the album have never edited so they can't just do it to this 1. Also when they were singing it on Top of the Pops they were also singing the full version as well!

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

First of all, if it IS edited, then Warner is ENTIRELY responsible. You see, its all for record sales. Its about that large crowd who like pop music. They listen to that really catchy and not very violent song called Somewhere I Belong and they're like 'wow thats a good song'. But they might lose some of their sales if they come out with their next single and it has a REALLY heavy bridge and lots of yelling. I know from experience that people who are into pop (my mom, for example) really don't like the screaming in LP's songs.

Actually I was playing Meteora in the car one time and my mom said Faint was her least favourite, and she said it exactly when the bridge came in. So Warner's doing it all to keep the pop and 'teeny-bopper' crowd interested. And most metal-heads won't buy it even if they do release Faint in its entirity. LP already has a bad reputation as 'nu-metal' and Chester as being a Backstreet Boy or something. You wouldn't get much of that audience to buy that CD, so I think Warner is focusing on the pop crowd.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

but then again people might think LP have gone funny :rolleyes:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Since this is still a rumor, I'm trying not to get worked up over this since it's one of my favorite parts of the album and "Faint" is one of my favorite songs.

Perhaps if we could get the people living where the radio stations are playing the "edited" version to call in and see what's up...

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

That better not be true! That's the best part of the song? I'd like to know the real reason why they are doing this? :angry:

It sucks if it has been changed beause I think Faint is a beast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.