1KB = how many pixels?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Bradley, Oct 11, 2010.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

I'm having trouble figuring out the sizes between 1KB to Pixels. You see I have this photo (30.6 KB) and I'm trying to figure out how many pixels are in this photo. It's also in 31,355 bytes if that helps anyone else. Anyone know the answer?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

There is no answer. It depends on compression, file format, DPI and other things.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

KB is just a file size, it doesn't necessarily have to do with how big the photo/picture actually is. The colors and detail of the picture have a lot to do with the size of the file. Take my signature for example. The linked pictures with just the words are only 7KB. While the Power Ranger helmet is 15 KB, and has a lot more details and colors. And all the pics have the same dimensions (99w x 41h). All you have to do to is open it in a picture viewer, or a program like Photoshop, to see how many pixels are in your picture :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    28thART

28thART The Hard Way

if you wanna know how many pixel in a Photo, right click - Properties - then go to the midle window the click on advanced (if its not clicked) then you'll see how many Pixels, in the Resolution ;) !
    the More pixels, the more higher resolution, the more data stored in the picture, the more clean and smooth details, specially in gradient colors :) !

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

It's true. I tried it.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

thank you all for your inputs, I think I found what I was looking for so I really would like to thank you all for your help.