Marilyn Manson

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Kæton, May 3, 2003.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I didn't see anything about Mr.Manson so I decided to make a thread about him. Does anyone like Manson's music? I personally love "Holywood: In The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death". For some reason I'm just addicted to his music. I know people don't like him because he's the "anti-christ", but hell, that doesn't bother me, lol. I personally can't wait for his new album "The Golden Age Of Grotesque" or however that is spelled, lol.

"mOBSCENE" is his newest single; it's really sort of different from any other song he's done so far. I also like the video :lol:.

Any thoughts :teehee:?

(Yeah, and I know I'm going to get a lot of "he sucks", but is there any other reason why besides his 'anti-christ' ways?)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't listen to his music a lot but I enjoy it whenever I'm listening to it.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

He's too weird for me. His music is disturbing...

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

same here.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

I don't like him :blink: the only song i like is "Tainted Love"

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I dont listen to his music much. I havent even heard that many songs. I think I have only heard about 6 and all of those are great. I know a guy who is a huge fan of Manson. He has like heaps of Manson stuff. I will probably listen to some more Manson stuff when I see him next.

Benji DCs Finest

Benji DCs Finest Banned

The fact that he puts fake boobs on in a music video is a major turn off toward his music.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

i dispise him. didn't he have like 4 sex changes, and malested a security guard at his show. ehg.

i like the begining of one song by him and that is all.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I like Tainted Love and The Nobodies but apart from that i don't like him...........He admitted that he had a rib bone removed so he could suck his own #### :wth: (He said he did that on Gonzo over Easter)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So his image causes you to not listen to his music?

Look at your user name. :rolleyes:

Kæton

So his image causes you to not listen to his music?

Look at your user name. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    lol, Word.

I was going to comment about that.

I don't really think that his look should change the reason you listen to the music. If Linkin Park got boob implants, are you going to stop listening to them? If so... No offense, but that's shallow :mellow:.

Basically, an artist can look however they want in my opinion. I mean, when you listen to their CD, it's not like you're watching them so appearance should have very little to do with the music.

The only thing I actually understand about Manson being disliked is his way he does music. The way he expresses himself just pisses everyone off, but if you look past that, he's great. Since people would rather push him aside, he takes music to a new level with of course, his 'boobs' which by the way, he doesn't have now... And his 'rib removal'. It's all just for show man... He's been in music for awhile now, and I expect bands to take major steps in their careers. Look at all the piercings and tattoos all the bands have now. Is that not a new step in appearance? :rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

He didn't have any sex changes, but he did get boob implants one time.

And he also never molested a security guard, I believe Manson got his "thing" out at a concert as part of the show and got close to the end of the stage and the security guard got his head hit by it, but Manson didn't try it. Then of course the security guard sees some easy money and sued Manson.

And I like Manson's music, like Will I don't listen to it much but I do like it when I do listen to him.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

He didn't have any sex changes, but he did get boob implants one time.

And he also never molested a security guard, I believe Manson got his "thing" out at a concert as part of the show and got close to the end of the stage and the security guard got his head hit by it, but Manson didn't try it. Then of course the security guard sees some easy money and sued Manson.

And I like Manson's music, like Will I don't listen to it much but I do like it when I do listen to him. [/b][/quote]
    oh, its been a while since i heard any news about him.

N'tensified

N'tensified Active Member

same here. [/b][/quote]
    No doubt about it.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

There are so many rumours about Manson. Most of them arent true. Some of them are kind of funny :p

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

i agree he's a creep !!!!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

didn't Manson blow his load on the security guard or something?

and I also heard he got his 2 bottom ribs removed so he could give himself a BJ

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

uhh... :wth:

Kæton

Okay, okay, guys, let's analyze one thing people should stop doing, lol.

As I said, you know... I know his style is... different. I'd rather know what you guys think about his music. I heard a lot of rumours about what Manson does on stage, but it doesn't change my love for his music.

The reason I love his music:
    It's the same reason I like Eminem, and it's also a reason Mudvayne became a big favorite of mines. The way they express themselves is like no others to date on mainstream music. Let's take "The Love Song" by Manson... Which is one of my favorite songs. It starts like any love song would, "I've got a crush on a pretty pistol, should I tell her that I feel this way?", and then he talks about loving guns, god, and government. I don't know about you guys, but I hate guns, I am not a believer of god (sorry :chemist:), and I don't like my government. I hate guns because they kill, and I dispise killings, the god situation I won't get into so that I may avoid any religious people out there, and I dislike my government because they are money hungry and stupid--they spend money on stupid things.

Oh, and if you don't understand why Mudvayne has anything to do with this, here's why. Chüd, the lead singer, made a statement of "Anti-Bush" to the public at one of their shows. In result to this, radio stations took their music off the rotation. But aside from the stingy radio stations, I believe that freedom of speech should be allowed, and freedom to one's likes should also be respected. I mean, I guess I am like this because I am an outsider in my school. While the school is rap, I'm rock/metal, so I know how it feels to be different, and now whenever I am able to express feelings, I do. It's just that these people are saying what some of us can't.

Manson's music is kind of based on life as well. Take away from the violence, and listen to the chorus of "Lamb Of God". The chorus explains "Nothing's gonna' change the world," and states some obvious situations like if a famous person is killed, they're a care, but not the rest of the world. Although Manson stresses the facts of Satan and David, and all this other stuff, the chorus is really what I'm pointing out.

I appreciate the ones who said that the music was not their 'cup of tea' as I will put it, but I still feel that just because of rumours/facts and looks you don't listen to the music, well, I find that a little shallow. I mean, I don't encourage any of you to listen, but atleast give me a better answer than just saying that he is weird :chemist:. I could rant on for hours about the weird and normal. But I won't because this is long enough :lol:.

As they say... Don't judge a book by it's cover ;).

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Marilyn Manson is a genius, not only musically but just in general. Watch him in the movie "Bowling for Columbine" and you'll see what I mean. He's not a dumbass because he actually has brains which many people who are grossed out by him don't know. His music is pure genius and he'll forever be legendary for me.

Anyone get his new album The Golden Age Of Grotesque?
    This new album is amazing and just left me in awe. This guy is great!!! :D