Rockerrazzi Linkin Park Video Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Mike & Joe stopped by the 987.FM Penthouse yesterday to conduct a small interview about the band and A Thousand Suns. Although the video doesn't offer anything new in terms of press, it's good to hear Joe talk about the album & Linkin Park. Check it out below:

[YOUTUBE]xfrNhdYaM4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Source: Rockerrazzi.com

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I just want to say this, before I watch the video, when I saw this title of 'Rockerrazzi' I immediately thought of Paparazzi, and then I started to sing Lady Gaga. :lol: Now to watch the video.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

It was cool to hear Joe talk for a bit. I particularly liked the part about the "legacy" at the end. It seems that all six band members take what they do very seriously, and it's always nice to have that reinforced. Obviously, they're motivated and determined as fuck, but it seems like they're all on the same page and mindset as well.

That bodes well for the future of LP.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

lol Joe looks so old:D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Are those swastikas on Joe's shirt o_O

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

yea what the hell? They look good in that pattern and as art, but the stories behind it could give him some backlash.

kezly87

kezly87 Member

Ha, when the interviewer asks the first question about "was the writing process different on this album?" you can see Mike's heart sink as he's probably thinking "Oh God...not THIS question AGAIN!...Joe can answer this one... Just look at the floor"

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

The swastika is actually much older than the Third Reich, and dates back to the neolithic period. It is also a Buddhist symbol, as seen below

[​IMG]

It means….good luck, good fortune and well being…
    The left-hand swastika (called a sauvastika) usually represents the terrifying goddess Kali, night and magic. However, this form of the swastika is not “evil” and it is the form most commonly used in Buddhism.
    The right-hand swastika is one of the 108 symbols of the god Vishnu as well as a symbol of the sun and of the sun god Surya. The symbol imitates in the rotation of its arms the course taken daily by the sun, which appears in the Northern Hemisphere to pass from east, then south, to west. (It is also a symbol of the sun among Native Americans.)
    The auspicious symbol of the swastika is very commonly used in Hindu art, architecture and decoration. It can be seen on temples, houses, doorways, clothing, cars, and even cakes. It is usually a major part of the decoration for festivals and special ceremonies like weddings.
    The Nazis adopted the swastika because it was understood as an Aryan symbol indicating racial purity and superiority. (The Nazis propagated a historical theory in which the early Aryans of India were white invaders.) There may also be a connection with the swastika’s magical connections, for Hitler and other Nazi leaders were keenly interested in the occult.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.