Linkin Park May Perform At mtvICON

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

According to Rollingstone.com, Linkin Park will be performing a Metallica cover at the MTV tribute concert/ceremony honouring the metal legends which is going to air next Tuesday, May 6th, at 9ET on MTV.

....Metallica, who are breaking in new bassist Robert Trujillo, will be honored at an mtvICON tribute in Los Angeles, with their songs covered by Aerosmith, Linkin Park, Blink-182, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Avril Lavigne and others. The event will air on May 6th....

Please note that Chester was originally going to be presenting, which is still believed to happen. Rolling Stone may have messed up the fact that Linkin Park will be attending. But considering the respectability of RS, this could more than likely be true.

Read the full article here.

LPNargiZ

LPNargiZ Member

oh thanx, i didnt knew tt! тупой хаха
    :rob: :mike:

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

yes i hope they preform, and that MUCH shows it.

Mark

hell yes.

the performance will be all over the internet within days, anyways.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

hell yes.

the performance will be all over the internet within days, anyways. [/b][/quote]
    thats a releaf

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

We still got to get Avril Lavigne off of performing, unless she performs like I Disappear or something new and dull, then we're fine. If she does like some old Metallica classic, i swear on my life. i'm going down to MTV studios and burning down that mother####r

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Is Linkin park going to perform one of their songs or one of Metallica?

Mark

on every mtvICON, only the songs of those who are being honoured are played by the performers.

MTV ahven't announced LP will be performing yet, I'm starting to think RS was misconstrued.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Ohmygod. -.-

I hopehopehope this is true; Rolling Stone better not be getting my hopes up for nothing.

But yeah, I agree with Mark; Rolling Stone probably did get something mixed up. LP would've had to rehearse and seeing how they're doing P:R, I can't imagine how they'd fit it into their schedule..

If LP did perform, they would kick all of the other performers' asses for sure (aside from Metallica, of course).

tori

tori Well-Known Member

That would be so cool if they did perform which I doubt it though because I don't think Brad/Mike are good enough play lots of Metallica songs (solos in particular). Plus Joe wouldn't really do anything.

I'm a huge Metallica fan, and I'd be interested to see how it would turn out. What do you guys think of this? Discuss.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Actually Brad can do Metallica-style stuff, he just chooses not to. He thinks solos are stupid and considered the "fat" of songs.(like fat on meat)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Joe's actually a good guitar player. Him and Brad switched places in Toluca. (Yes, meaning Brad on turntables :lol:) Joe will probably play guitar for the performance, with Brad on lead guitar and Mike and Joe on backup guitars(or whatever you wanna call it).

Just because they've never done solos on record doesn't mean they arent experienced in it. Brad played Guns and Roses' Sweet Child Of Mine at LP concerts, and Metallica and GNR are in the same type of music in a way, so...if Brad can play Guns why not Metallica?

Don't doubt LP till you see what they can do ;).

Derek

Tori I merged your topic into this one. ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's why Brad wears headphones. He loves turntables, and the headphones show that. Like Joe being good with guitar, Brad's good with turntables even though he never uses them.

Come on, it's Linkin Park. Anything, and I mean anything, is possible.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Linkin Park will NOT perform at the Metallica MtvIcon

I just saw a commercial about the Metallica's MtvIcon 5 minutes ago and it said that Avril, etc.. will perfom and then the said "and apperances by Linkin Park, etc..." so then they will not perform. :(

This is a short article of Linkin park on Metallica on Mtv.com.

"Best Metallica memory"

"Hey this is Phoenix from Linkin Park and my favorite Metallica memory was when they came around doing the Monster of Rock tour with Guns ‘N Roses. At that point in my life that was probably the best thing that ever happened to me, it was a great tour – everything about it."

"This is Chester from Linkin Park. I think my best Metallica moment was the first time I had ever heard Metallica's music. It was Ride the Lightning and that's probably my favorite song that they do, and that kind of opened me up to the whole style of music and kind of made me understand the cliché of heavy metal for being wastoids and idiots – at least in my school it was uncool to be one of the heavy metal guys. And I couldn't understand it because Metallica was writing such great music with such great lyrics and it was so intricate and complicated and smart. And I think that was one of the pivotal moments for me when I decided I had to put my preconceptions down and be open minded to all different kinds of things."

Edit: I just got an e-mail from the limpbizkit website and it said..
    "limpbizkit will be performing Metallica's "Sanitarium" and mtvIcon also has performances from Korn and Metallica and appearances by Staind and Linkin Park. It's a show you don't want to miss... " :(

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Well, as long as they're there. To be honest, I didn't want them to perform a Metallica song. (Yes, it would have been a Metallica song since the entire concept is around them. If you've seen the other MTV Icon's like Aerosmith and Janet Jackson, you'd be familiar with this.)

StiRofEck0s

StiRofEck0s Well-Known Member

hey guys. I'm not exactly sure if this can be 100% reliable or not, but my digital cable company has info on all tv shows and I checked about the MtvIcon tonight, and this is what it had-

"Avril Lavigne, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Sum 41 are among the acts who pay tribute to the heavy-metal rockers by offering up renditions of the band's songs."

again, I'm not sure. they could be wrong, and so could RS, but at least we know that LP will be making an appearance one way or another. :)

Derek

Thats exactly what mine said too. You live in PA? lol.

StiRofEck0s

StiRofEck0s Well-Known Member

haha lol no, I live in NJ, not that far from PA though.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

What city of NJ? Because I also live in NJ and have digital cable. I also saw the information on the show and it said the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.