Sales Dip, Yet "Meteora" Rises

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

"Meteora" has leaped from spot #6 to place #4 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums charts for the week of April 23rd-29th, despite a big drop in sales. 111,000 copies were sold in that week, a 43% dip from last weeks 193,000 units sold.

1,584,000 copies of "Meteora" have been bought in the United States in 5 weeks since it's release date on March 25th.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I guess 1.5x platinum isnt bad, but I know they could sell A LOT more. I hope when 'Faint' comes out the sales go *BLAM* through the roof. I have a feeling they might. What about you guys?

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I can actually see that happening! And i hope it does to!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i can certainly see that happening.

if they release ETR as a single, sales will shoot up faster than a cocaine addict on his newly acquired drugs.

*cough*, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but you get what i mean. ETR has the power than ITE brought to sales of HT.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

if they release ETR as a single, sales will shoot up faster than a cocaine addict on his newly acquired drugs.

*cough*, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but you get what i mean. ETR has the power than ITE brought to sales of HT. [/b][/quote]
    I think they should release Nobody's Listening as a single. Not because it is 'my favourite song' but because it would get people who like rap and hip-hop curious about if there is another hip-hop song on the album. And they would have to buy the album to find out.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

*cough*, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but you get what i mean. ETR has the power than ITE brought to sales of HT. [/b][/quote]
    i support that thought completly

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I think they should release Nobody's Listening as a single. Not because it is 'my favourite song' but because it would get people who like rap and hip-hop curious about if there is another hip-hop song on the album. And they would have to buy the album to find out. [/b][/quote]
    good idea. Nobody's Listening is one of my favorites. This song show how hip-hopish LP is. :lol:

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i definoughtly think they wont release nobodys listining or numb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.