Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

Respecting Other People

Greetings LPA!

With the recent leak/release of Linkin Park's newest album "A Thousand Suns", there has been a lot of activity, excitement and discussion on these forums over the band's dramatic shift in sound, and many of our valued members have been very passionate about their opinions and feelings towards the music as a whole. However; while most of the discussion has been well thought out and respectful, we have also noticed a steady decline in the mood of some the new threads, and we felt we should address this issue head on before it becomes a greater problem.

Over the past few days there has been a increasingly negative reaction towards any member who states their dislike for A Thousand Suns or who posts a review of the album that is not favorable or 100% positive. Replies to said posts have been everything from obscene pictures, telling certain members to leave the boards, or even quoting Mike from the new album with the often used "try and catch up motherf***a". This behavior is not only casting a negative impression on the site as a whole, but also completely unacceptable in general.

I must kindly ask all of you to remember (as a whole) that the new album will not be everyone's cup of tea, and that not every Linkin Park fan will appreciate the new direction the band has taken with their sound. While we understand there have been many trolls signing up to call the new album "[insert slur here]" and many others who have expressed their distaste in an unintelligent fashion, there have also been many very intelligent members, with well worded opinions, who have been attacked solely for not thinking ATS is the "greatest album ever".

This needs to change immediately. Starting now, I must ask our ATS-Loving members to please try and respect the opinions/criticism of those who don't like the album. While there is certainly nothing wrong with holding a friendly debate between view-points...when the posts begin to grow disrespectful, that's when our things have gone too far.

Regards,
    Derek

I think this is definitely more a message for experienced posters than new members this time. Everyone should really read this...

Agreed Jordan. We've seen a few experienced posters being rude, and that's just not right.

I reckon people who slur Linkin Park's new album on a Linkin Park website, to the point where you have to put [insert slur here] need to grow the fuck up, seriously. No offence intended, but maturity and respect are just common LPA rules and it should be common sense, I reckon. I agree with Jordan, as well, some matured posters I have seen need to take a step back and give respect to those who like don't really like it (like me!). If you don't like it, you don't like it, let's leave it at that. We're all not going to agree on this album.

Yeah, the trolls who say A THOUSAND SUNS IS [homophobic slur] are idiots and will be handled accordingly. However; some smarter people who have said they didn't favor the album have been attacked greatly and that's just not right.

Thanks for posting this. LPA is an awesome site with awesome members, and it should stay that way.
    -when they come for me, I'll be gone-

8.22.09 - Epicenter//Pomona Fairplex
    2.23.11 - A Thousand Suns World Tour//Staples Center
    9.10.12 - Honda Civic Tour//Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

I admit I got a bit into a spaz in that one thread but I think I've cooled down. Just the person was annoying me very greatly.

Like, I was attacked for saying I hated Meteora. I mean, that's nothing to be offended over.

LPA team
    I just don't like it when they say "You guys can't seriously like this" or something along those lines. I'll respect them otherwise .

I'm pretty sure this concerns me, and the path of destruction I've been on since the album leaked (and especially early this morning). I've been here for longer than anyone that's posted in this thread so far (except Derek), and I should have known better. So, for that, I apologize.

But, when I read that post you made Derek, I'm thinking of a few other "experienced" members with different colored names as well.

Believe it or not, you weren't the reason I made this post lol. Either way, thank you for committing to being more respectful. It truly does have to be a group effort from all of us .

Way to deflate my ego, Derek.

I would also kind of like to point out, that we now have a few people in the LPUMBs mocking the site for the way a few people have, I guess, treated them, for lack of better words at the moment. It's a shame too, since that will give this site a bad rep. I wouldn't wish that upon the site at all, since this is the one fansite I actually enjoy going on and postwhoring.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sensei View Post
    I would also kind of like to point out, that we now have a few people in the LPUMBs mocking the site for the way a few people have, I guess, treated them, for lack of better words at the moment. It's a shame too, since that will give this site a bad rep. I wouldn't wish that upon the site at all, since this is the one fansite I actually enjoy going on and postwhoring.
    I've noticed this too. Hopefully we can change that.

Quote Originally Posted by OkamiSensei View Post
    I've noticed this too. Hopefully we can change that.
    Please link me to this LPU thread asap. Thank you.

No control, no surprise.
    That's upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    That's upsetting.
    Yeah . . . =/

It has really turned me off from posting in the LPU . . .kinda makes me happy that some people are actually NOT going to be coming back for LPUX, which means we won't have that kind of attitude with the new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sensei View Post
    Yeah . . . =/

It has really turned me off from posting in the LPU . . .kinda makes me happy that some people are actually NOT going to be coming back for LPUX, which means we won't have that kind of attitude with the new people.
    And I just want to take the time for everyone reading this to know that if you ever have a problem with a member of the forums, please report the post and we'll always take care of it. We love all of our members here and always want to ensure the best experience. Thanks!

No control, no surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    We love all of our members here and always want to ensure the best experience. Thanks!
    You love me? You'll give me the best experience?

When and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    You love me? You'll give me the best experience?

When and where?
    Tomorrow in the alley . . . . . . don't forget the Shower Cake.

This probably pertains to me. Although I try to be intelligent when the person I'm responding to attempts to be intelligent, I'm sure somewhere I got sloppy and slipped up a bit. That and I just have this feeling that it's about me. If so, apologies. If not, I'll resume my normal bit.

Thread Information