Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For those of you who cannot wait until the release of A Thousand Suns in your country, Hulu has uploaded the complete Meeting Of A Thousand Suns documentary to their website for public viewing. You can view it online in full here.

Note: This video may be limited to the US only.

Source: Hulu via Cookie Monster

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Enjoy, everybody. Chester's speech at the end makes everything worth it.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Lucky US.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Chester's speech at the end is incredible. Seriously. Watch it.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

So, we're buying the album merely to support the band? I mean, they almost put out the whole album online now...
    It's perfectly fine to put some of the songs online for promotion, but the documentary too seems a bit too much...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

That sucks can someone rip it for the UK? I can't wait for another 2 days left now for my deluxe edition lol.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Well, yes. Usually you do buy an album to support the band. Think of it this way. People in Germany and other countries got their copy today. So, someone could rip the documentary and host it online or in a torrent. Sure, you could have the willpower not to watch it, but it would still be hosted. So, why not let Linkin Park host it on HULU for us before someone else leaks it anyway?

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

O_O

The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

Wow, that was really, really good. There was a lot of tension in this one compared to the others. I wish it was longer though. Wasn't Minutes to Midnight around 42 minutes or so?

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I loved this. However, like others I wish it was longer. The only suggestion I have for the band to make up for it's shortness is that if they make a DVD of their A Thousand Suns tour it should include a "Making Of the Tour." I think producing this tour is going to be EPIC, just from seeing them make this album.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Anyone know a web-based U.S. Proxy that supports video?

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Ya, I got your point. It just seemed a bit too sudden for me =P

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

I've got a way for people outside of US to watch it.
    You can download HotSpot Shield (Google it, not sure if I can post a link?)
    Or you can just wait for some days :p

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So let's put his into perspective. Linkin Park have now asked people to make lyric videos for Burning in The Skies, and Blackout, and then there's the lyric videos for Waiting for The End and The Catalyst, and then they upload the entire documentary online, it really sounds as if they want to give every part of the album away for free but Warner said no and they decided that they'd do the next best thing. But that doesn't mesh up with the Linkin Park preorder that well because most if not all of the money goes towards the band, still, it might because it's like the Nine Inch Nails and How To Destroy Angels thing where they gave The Slip and HTDA EP away for free and then gave you an option to buy a physical copy to support the band. It's like they tricked Warner into allowing that. :lol:

Anyway, Chester's speech in the end is amazing. Fuck what people want Linkin Park to be, let them just be Linkin Park.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

It was way to short. I found it all very interesting. I could have done without all the effects though. They went a little overboard with it

adaminator1

adaminator1 Banned

Was way ahead of you with that one :awesome:

The documentary was meh. I guess the previews killed it for me. Chester's speech at the end was good though, up till the point where it kept on glitching.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I feel good for not pre-ordering the special edition.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Whoa. I do not know why, but the whole documentary has finally motivated me to go out and form my own band for some reason. That was some amazing 30-minute footage montage. Seeing the tension in the band (and the subtle mood change; did you guys notice that in the beginning, the whole band seems excited, but then towards the end, they got so stressed that we almost see a Brad-Mike argument go over-the-top [?] while Chester, Dave, Joe and Rob just sadly watch?) and how much work they put into ATS really inspired me to try new things music-wise and understand what a band goes through.

And Chester's speech at the end should be either sigged or be put up permanently on the front page of LPA. THAT...is what Linkin Park's about: being Linkin Park. Anyone who says they got lazy with this album should watch this. Like now. A brilliant album with an absolutely stunning documentary. And the glitches actually made it work, for me at least. Maybe Mike or the video editor (I forgot who) saw so much stress that it was too risky to show it to us (even though we would not mind at all hopefully).

Amazing documentary, and very inspiring to see my favorite band of all-time take huge risks like that.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Gonna do it. Nobody copy me.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

To further prove my point about LINKIN PARK wanting to give their entire album + DVD away for free and Warner Bro. saying "No can do" they have put their entire album online on Myspace in the form of A Thousand Suns - The Full Experience.

It looks like Warner has been had. And that's a good thing. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.