Linkin Park to Alter Lyrics / Setlist for Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Chester Bennington recently gave an interview about the upcoming show Linkin Park will be playing in Abu Dhabi on November 13th as reported earlier by the LPA, and hinted at a possible setlist change and alterations to some of the songs. Although this could potentially mean playing more hits than ATS material, this is bound to be an exciting show. Check out the article from Anna Seaman below.

ABU DHABI // The frontman of the US rock band Linkin Park yesterday told of his delight at the band’s trip to the UAE later this year to perform as part of the capital’s Formula One celebrations.

Chester Bennington said he had never before visited the Middle East and conceded that the band, known for its heavy rock style and explicit lyrics, may tone down its performance to make it more palatable for the UAE audience.

“Different cultures in the world accept different things, and we are fine with that,” said Bennington, 34.

“We occasionally do need to make changes to the lyrics or the set list and we may have to do this for Abu Dhabi, we haven’t made any final plans yet. We want to make sure everyone is happy.”

He said he had no preconceptions about playing in a Middle Eastern or Islamic country.

“I try not to predict what I’m going to experience when I visit a new place,” he said. “I am usually really surprised by how amazing a place is. I’m sure it will be the same in Abu Dhabi.”

Making judgements about people or a place before experiencing it was a limiting way of looking at life, he said.

“I have been lucky to have travelled to so many countries with the band that I don’t tend to place too much value on generalisations. People could have the same kind of generalisations about Americans and I’m sure many do. I just think the majority of people in the world are inherently good. They like good music, good food and good company. We just want to come to Abu Dhabi, play our songs and have a good time.”

Bennington, who often performs shirtless to show his many tattoos, became known as a vocalist with Linkin Park’s debut album in 2000, Hybrid Theory, which was a massive commercial success.

Flash Entertainment, the events company organising the entertainment during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, announced yesterday that the double-Grammy-Award-winning band would perform on Saturday November 13 as part of the Yasalam after-race concerts on Yas Island.

John Lickrish, the managing director of Flash, said his team could not wait to welcome the band.

“Following the rock legacy of Aerosmith last year, Linkin Park will blow audiences away at the concerts.”

Bennington also admitted to being something of an F1 fan, although he was not sure if he would be able to stay in the capital to watch the race on November 14.

“I love cars, I don’t care what kind of fast car it is. The Formula One is the most technically advanced motor race in the world and I am really excited to be part of it some way. This will not only be my first time in the UAE but my first time at Formula One.”

Source: The National

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They're known for explicit lyrics? Erm...

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Eh... w/e...

Joe

Yeah, he also likes to perform topless to show off his tattoos, didn't you know? :lol:

WTF...

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

That article is ridiculous lol.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Ugh. Whoever wrote that article needs to be smacked the fuck out.

Joe

Yes, I must admit, my primary reason for posting it was to mock the writer Anna Seaman :seaman: , and to hear Chester talk about fast cars. :lol:

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I lol'd.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

LMAO you beat me to it :seaman: I don't know who that woman is but I love her simply because of her name.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

He took his shirt off when I saw them live. He takes his shirt off during BIO a lot to my knowledge.

I can't back up the explicit thing though. Including ATS, there are what, 5 tracks? lol.

To be honest I'm not sure what this article is saying. Alter lyrics how? Not saying the word "god" during TC?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I kind of wish it was a man called Dick or Willy or something, heh

If it's a religious thing you'd think not, it's all supposed to be the same God. Maybe though, for other reasons. They might want the lyrics completely secularised or something.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010

To whoever wrote that:

Look down below.

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

This article / news thing gives 2 different dates for the concert. Is it sept. or nov. 13? Apparently the author didn't research "explicit lyrics", because the 2 best selling albums have none...

I'm guessing they won't be playing given up.

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

LOL explicit lyrics! yeah...LP are so dangerous man :lol:

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

i live in UAE, ALL SINGERS who come there they let'm take off their explicit lyrics !!!
    the beauty of rapping-singing is the explicit part :( im realy sad, also they'll let him hide his tattoos, WTFF is wrong with this PPL !!!!
    they let me feel they are perfect people and they says only nice words !!!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Flash Entertainment, huh? The same people that bought 10% of the UFC just so they'd bring an event to the Middle East. It's cool that they're trying to bring more and more American entertainment to the people of Abu Dhabi. Are they playing at Yas Island?

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i lol'd :lol:

Joe

Yeah, it's on Yas Island.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've seen pictures of the place, I wouldn't turn down playing there either. It looks pretty awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.