Grey Daze

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Cyanide, Aug 28, 2010.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Hey, does anyone know something about the Grey Daze albums? I love the 90s music and I personally think Grey Daze was heavily underrated, because they had a lot of potential and Chester could've been an excellent grunge vocalist had the project evolved and taken steps further.

I know LPL or LPA remastered No Sun Today. Can anyone provide me with a link or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Usually we do not allow the asking of links to copyrighted mp3s (just so you're aware)...but since you're searching for music that is currently no longer for sale, I will help give you some information on what you're looking for.

In regards to the remasters, we here at LPA were actually the ones who hosted the remastered No Sun Today rips (Sean Dowdell gave it to us exclusively and allowed us to post it for 1 year only and we did). It was originally planned that a year from the exclusive hosting, that Sean would release the album in physical form, however, unfortunately due to frequent issues with Warner Brothers attempting to block the release...the remastered CD was scrapped and Sean no longer plans to try and release it to the public. Because of the headache involved in this, Sean has kindly asked that the Grey Daze music not be hosted on fan sites until further notice, so we unfortunately cannot upload the CDs for you to download. However; you can be sure that if Sean ever changes his mind, we will not only provide the albums in 320kbps Mp3 format, but in flac as well! Thanks!

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I see. Thanks for the heads up! I was also thinking that it was okay to ask for links since its basically impossible to find the CD anywhere at this point. Plus it's a dead project and I highly doubt Warner would give two cents about a Grey Daze album when we got a new Lp coming. I'll keep my eyes open for the flac version, would be awesome. Cheers!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm listening to this band for the first time today. Their songs sound like DBS demos, haha.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

^Are you serious? o_O Grey Daze is on a whole different level than DBS. Sure, DBS songs are mastered, while in the 90s there were barely any studio effects and grunge was not all about the perfect sound quality. And I personally think that Chester's voice was at its peak in Grey Daze.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Grey Daze = Grunge
    DBS = Emo

And Grey Daze is way better

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

DBS =\= Emo :p

Alexrednex

What would you call it then?
    If it has comed out years ago, i might would have called it Electro post-grunge
    But today, you can easily call it Emo(Lyrics of about any songs on the album)
    Musically they are a little better than most emo bands through

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I consider emo to be the likes of Taking Back Sunday and MCR. DBS (while having dark lyrics) is more considered Electro.

Alexrednex

Alright, but you have to admit that the lyrics, intrumental, overall look of the bands kinda points in the direction of the band being -> EMO
    And just so you know, im not using the word "Emo" as insulting, but just musically i think they are Emo.