Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Blackbirds Bonus Track on iTunes ATS Deluxe Edition

iTunes New Zealand have today listed a Deluxe Edition of Linkin Park's new album A Thousand Suns that comes with a bonus track of Blackbirds. The song first made it's appearance on Linkin Park's 8-Bit Rebellion game released for iPhone/iPad/iTouch, and will now be available in higher quality through this release. The iTunes Deluxe Edition will also feature The Catalyst music video.

What are your thoughts on Blackbirds as a Bonus Track? Let us know on our forums.

Source: iTunes

Never Forget. Never Surrender. KillerUndies's Avatar
    I'm pleased with this.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    I can see the people who bought 8BR for 5 dollars, and beat it just to get blackbirds in 128kbps (when this release is in higher quality) being very upset with this. Poor choice in my opinion.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

I hate it because I like Blackbirds a lot but don't use iTunes

To be fair, Derek. Everybody downloaded that song illegally one way or another, I'm pretty sure not everyone owns a iWhatever and I think they could have done a lot worse as an iTunes bonus track. This will be in better quality and I think it's been long enough since 8-Bit now to get away with releasing it on CD. Also, to be honest, if people bought 8-Bit for a song then they probably bought it for the wrong reasons.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    To be fair, Derek. Everybody downloaded that song illegally one way or another, I'm pretty sure not everyone owns a iWhatever and I think they could have done a lot worse as an iTunes bonus track. This will be in better quality and I think it's been long enough since 8-Bit now to get away with releasing it on CD. Also, to be honest, if people bought 8-Bit for a song then they probably bought it for the wrong reasons.
    True, but it's bizarre to put a track that apparently sounds nothing like ATS on an ATS bonus release. iTunes got an unreleased song for MTM, so it's odd they wouldn't do the same here. Just my opinion though.

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Happy with this :]

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    True, but it's bizarre to put a track that apparently sounds nothing like ATS on an ATS bonus release. iTunes got an unreleased song for MTM, so it's odd they wouldn't do the same here. Just my opinion though.
    I guess you're right in that sense. It is listed after the music video though, so maybe they tried to swing it as additional content rather than a Bonus Track, if that makes sense, but I can see where it not fitting in comes into play.

I'm slightly annoyed with this because I have some friends who have been pushing Blackbirds as new ATS material all over Twitter and Facebook and I keep telling them it's not. I've been trying to explain that it's from 8-bit and they just don't wanna hear it, and of course now they are going to think it's from ATS, when really it's just been added as bonus material and it sounds nothing like ATS. Bad idea.
    2013 Concerts:
    Imagine Dragons (Orlando House of Blues, 15 Feb 13)
    Imagine Dragons (St. Augustine Amp, 11 May 13)
    Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, NKOTB (AMWAY Arena, 21 Jun 13)

The Original @LP2K12
    www.InkedUpMess.com

I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst wolflink's Avatar
    the way they are promoving this new linkin park I was expecting they will give us a Daft Punk or Chemichal brothers bonus song.

I'm happy with this I'd love to own Blackbirds in HQ
    Set created by Me - DeviantArt

very happy with this decision. can't wait to have the song in full high quality (presumably, lol)

I can see the people who bought 8BR for 5 dollars, and beat it just to get blackbirds in 128kbps (when this release is in higher quality) being very upset with this. Poor choice in my opinion.
    Being a gamer myself, I think my purchase was justified by the gaming experience. Like you mentioned though, I can see people being upset if they bought the game just for the song itself.

All that aside, I am pleased that we will have a chance to get this track in higher quality.
    twitter: @brandon_288 last.fm: brandonistkrieg

Banned
    well i don't really know what ATS sounds like yet besides what i have read but i am sure blackbirds is totally different. Anyways, i think they should of released something that we haven't heard like they did with MTM...

I don't see this on iTunes.... are you on a different iTunes other than the U.S. store?

They should have included this video as bonus content:

Guys i don't wanna be rude but ...
    it seems like some "foreign" LP website already already uploaded The catalyst :S
    i dunno from where they got it, how, but ... they did it .. HQ :S

Quote Originally Posted by 2xPutt View Post
    I don't see this on iTunes.... are you on a different iTunes other than the U.S. store?
    Yes, this is New Zealand.

I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst wolflink's Avatar
    and this site calls himself........?????????

Banned
    I'm going to have to disagree with Derek here because I think it is actually a good decision. First off they're not charging us for the song at all, it's just a bonus. Second, like that guy that I don't like too much Joe said, if you paid 5 bucks for the song, it's your bad and you bought that game for the wrong reasons.

I do sort of see it from the point of view that we've all heard the song already and would rather get an unreleased track... BUT it is what it is and we'll still get 14 songs we haven't listened to yet.

I'll be getting the SE from Best Buy so this doesn't affect me in any way but just throwing my valuable, golden and amazing opinion out there.

Thread Information