LPA Spotlight: 07/13

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I think it's a great and powerful mix, but I know what enigma means. My advice would be that you might add parts of the solo to the last chorus, so it would be a little more integrated into the song, if you know what I mean. Everything else seems to fit perfectly imo!

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Listen to "Little Things" to get the progression and layering structure (as the guitar starts slowly and then builds up in layers and is eventually played during the outro) and come up with a line of music that you think is so fn lovable that its worth repeating a lot. You could even throw another guitar in there and layer in the style of Metallica, yet with an LP vibe. The solo reminds me of A7X guitar work. These are only suggestions, and you can let them influence your creation process, but only you will decide what you'd like to put in for version two.

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting much before listening to this. I thought it was just another attempt at trying to revive an already dead style. BUT, after hearing this. I am absolutely in love with this remix. You have done a wonderful job here and I applaud you for it. Good work!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Random! But just realized you guys made an A Thousand Suns styler....looks sick. Way to be on top of things!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Thanks a lot man! Head to our announcements section to leave feedback! We appreciate all the comments, and glad you like it. :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Pretty good Dave. Keep shredin that guitar!

LPpixelation

LPpixelation Banned

lol I should have thought of this. First of all, I can't believe the sites administrator is talking this way, assuring things that aren't real and devaluing a great remix. I'm not Mondreus, in fact I don't know this guy. I was just surfing through LPlives remix entries and I thought this was a real remix, so I decided to share it with you like MANY people have done. Everyone has right to an opinion. I think what happen here is that I gave my opinion on this remix from Dave N (which happens to be a LPA member) and give preference to a member of the LPlive. The only thing I can say I did wrong is by talking about another site's remix, but like I say I wanted to share it with you guys. I didn't do nothing wrong and I think Mondreus remix shouldn't be devalued. Now if you want to ban me, do it, but my respect to this site will change completely.

BTW, I wasn't spamming.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wow. First of all, don't try and make this a site war between LPL and here. It had nothing to do with where the remix came from AT ALL. Posting somebody elses remix in a thread dedicated to another persons is a little disrespectful no matter where it came from. Yes people have been posting links, but in one of the other many threads dedicated to this contest. Coming into this thread, shitting all over the remix and posting another is just bad taste.

Secondly, Dave has only been a member here for a couple of days. He signed up because of this contest like a lot of members, so don't make it seem like we're defending some kind of holy grail of LPA member here because there is no bias. The fact you tried to make it seem like Mark was pissed off because you posted a link to a LPL remix makes no sense. These remixes are about the people who made them not the sites they happened to be posted.

Now I'm not Mark, and I don't speak for him but that's my opinion. Also, don't be silly, why would we ban you? Are you serious? You haven't even done anything. We don't ban for nothing. Anyway, as I said, I'm not Mark but I can see why he would assume what he did because of how you posted in here. Just use a little common sense and etiquette when it comes to featured remixes. It comes across really rude when you post another remix in here. There's plenty more threads for that. Fair enough don't like the remix, and give constructive criticism all you want, that's fine, but it is disrespectful to link to another in "his" thread.

Like I say, I'm not Mark, but that's my opinion. Just a little miscommunication going on in here as far as I can see.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Agreed with the above. LPL and LPA are on good terms, so please do not try and talk on behalf of Mark and create a site war because that's not going to happen and I'm pretty sure Mark would be pissed if he saw you putting words in his mouth.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

GigaScythe, and this remix have got to be favorites. Holy shit awesome.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Hahaha I haven't been around here enough over the last few years to care about some supposed LPL vs. LPA feud that's developed.

It's funny that what I said was taken that way, though. Holy touchy!

It is completely disrespectful to come into a thread, blatantly trash the mix at hand without hearing it (this is very obvious from your comments, and many people aside from me agreed with me in posts following mine), then post a link to another supposedly "better" remix. Imagine you posted a video on YouTube and people came in, tore your work to shreds, then told everyone where to find a better remix. Do you realize how absolutely arrogant and childish that comes off as?

I'm an adult who could care less about some sort of alleged squabbling between two websites. I'm just trying to shine a spotlight on the work of our talented forum members. So forgive me for reacting adversely when someone tries to put a damper on that.

Thank you for derailing this thread. Now can we please return to discussing Dave's work, as is the purpose of the thread?

P.S: Dave's been a member here for about 3 days. He signed up solely because he knew we were having this feature! If you think my post was out of loyalty to an LPA member, then you're completely off-base (no offense Dave. :p).

LPpixelation

LPpixelation Banned

It's seems that as much as I try to be respectful I always get kicked in the ass. But oh well...I will never give opinion about anything related to LPA on this site, because the owners will tare me to bits for giving my thoughts on something. BTW, maybe I did wrong posting this other remix when this threat was dedicated to someone in particular, but to avoid this kind of stuff from happening...you guys should open a thread about OPINIONS.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

So about this awesome remix...

Derek

Look, all you've ever done since you've joined here is try to cause arguments between LPL and LPA. When we refused to post something without official clarification, you accused it of being jealousy and not posting it because it's LPL...when we actually ended up posting it and giving credit to LPL and even referred to them as FRIENDS. So you were wrong there. Then periodically since that time, you have been disrespectful towards members on here, or attempted to put words in our mouths that just aren't true. You're trying to make us look like we have some big problem with LPL, and we don't. If we had issues with LPL we wouldn't be working together with them on a contest, right now would we? We have nothing but respect for LPLive, and have invited their members on several occasions to post here because we have no problems with them.

Hell, people like to manufacture that me and Mark don't get along, and yet me and him text/email eachother on a frequent basis. This whole "grudge" thing is nothing more than a product of malicious people wanting to see the two sites go to war. We don't warn people for the fun of it, and haven't banned anybody in months except for a spam bot that wasn't a real person. We don't tear you to bits frequently, and any member who posts here will agree we are one of the nicest and most lenient Linkin Park fan websites on the internet right now. So quit being so touchy because you were in the wrong.

You don't just come in and completely disrespect someone to promote someone else. If being a jerk to people who don't deserve it is your style, then perhaps these boards aren't for you and you should post elsewhere. Everyone else follows the rules just fine and enjoys it here. It's only you that has trouble being respectful to other people. Grow up.

ShinodaIsGod

ShinodaIsGod PRAISE SHINODA

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE UP.

(although I'm under 18 so...)

kenvy

kenvy Active Member

You're probably a better guitarist than Brad himself.

Derek

Enter the other contest we have up. Since you're under 18, you're eligible! ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Plenty of opinions being thrown around in here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31049

This will be the last of this discussion. Now back to our scheduled programming. ;)

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

AWESOMELY AMAZING remix!! nice job :)

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Absolutely fucking awesome.
    This is what I would've done, except I'm nowehere near as good as yourself, I don't believe.

Great work man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.