Dry Cell.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Apr 25, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Dry Cell is a fairly new band from SoCal, as if you wouldn’t have known. The band is comprised of Jeff Gutt on lead vocals, Judd Gruenbaum on vocals and bass, Dan Hartwell on guitar, and Brandon Brown on drums. Each member in the band, besides Jeff, who’s 25, is under 17. Judd is 17, Brandon is 16, and Danny just turned 16. They’re a young band with tons of potential. Their sound is influenced by such diverse artists as Slipknot, Metallica, and Misfits. Dry Cell’s sound is different from any other, though. They combine hard rock riffs with soaring melodies and vocals while still keeping the heavy sound in tact.

The band was signed to Warner Bros. Records and they began recording their debut album Disconnected, most of which was already recorded, but needed to be recorded in the studio. When their album was set to be released the band parted ways with Warner Bros. Records. It’s still unknown, really, as to why. However, Dry Cell has been recently picked up by Epic records—the same label housing Korn, 30 Seconds To Mars, Chevelle, Audioslave, and many other great bands—and their true debut album will be out sometime around Christmas; however, no songs from Disconnected will appear on it.

Some songs I’d recommend are ’’Slip Away,’’ ’’Under The Sun,’’ ’’Body Crumbles,’’ ’’So Long Ago,’’ ’’Ordinary,’’ ’’Brave,’’ and ’’I Confide.’’ Be careful, however, because Kazaa and other file-sharing programs will give you demos most of the time, as not too many people own the actual album. I, myself, do not own the album, but I do own the advance version of the album, which is even more rare. You’ll be able to download the majority of these songs from my web site when it launches in the near future.

Check Dry Cell out, who knows? Maybe you’ll become Cellmates as well.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

you have really good taste in music. ;)
    my fav are body crumbles and so long ago. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Dry Cell kick ass. I got into them when I kept hearing that people on the LPMB were downloading Ntr/mission and getting Dry Cell's "Body Crumbles". So I checked out the band's to-be-released album (which obviously didn't happen), "Disconnected", and I thought it was so great. Later on, I sent the album to Will, who obviously fell in love with the music and became a hardcore fan. It turned out, though, that some of the songs were demos, and that the originals were even better than the already awesome demos!

From what I've heard that Dry Cell have released onto their message board from their upcoming album, it's going to be absolutely amazing, just like "Disconnected" was. "Grape Jelly", "Velvet Elvis" and "PeeWee", although just working titles, are great and i strongly suggest all of you check out these 3 songs, along with the first album. Other non-"Disconnected" demos, "I Confide" and 'Sick" are also very good.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

’’I Confide’’ and ’’Sick’’ are B-sides to the album. The band decided that they really didn’t fit in and didn’t include them, and they were both supposed to be on the ’’Body Crumbles’’ single.

And I believe Dan said that those titles will probably stick with the songs... lol, kidding. :lol:

dark_assassin

dark_assassin Well-Known Member

Well..what to say about Dry Cell...haha..

Thanks to certain people here named Will,theyve gotten to the top of my favorite bands list....right up there with LP.And believe me people,its rare for me to like a band that much.I loved that song "Body Crumbles" when i first heard it on Queen of the Damned soundtrack.

So basically...they rock.

Thanks Will for getting me into this awesome band. ^_^

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Will listens to a lot of good bands. Thats how I found a lot of the music I listen to now... I downloaded a lot when he posted a lot in the "Recommend A Band" thread that was around ages ago!

Dry Cell are great! I have only heard Body Crumbles, Brave, Disconnected, I Confide, Silence and Slip Away. Those songs are all good and I think anyone who hasnt heard them should download some of their stuff.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Dry Cell is an awesome band. But I'll be damned, I never knew they were younger than I was. I just looked at pics of them on their website and all of them looked at least 18

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

Dry Cell is an awesome band.i think body crumbles is their best song they made.

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

I signed up for that street team when they were on WB i didnt really do anything BUT I GOT A BUCH A STICKERS AND A SIGNED PHOTO ALL THOUGH I DOUBT THAT THEY ACTULLY SIGNED IT!!!!1 :x

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

Dry Cell rocks. All songs are great. Silence owns. ^_^