"Message" Updated With New Image

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My thoughts too. The sentence is only PART OF IT. I suppose when we get the right sentence, it will imply us to type a certain website in such as www.linkinpark.com/_____ . That's where Joe Hahn will flash his ass cheeks ;)

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I aaaagreee LOOK INTO THIS

3. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Here is what I mentioned earlier:

Since then I was beginning to think that maybe the test site in New Mexico could be where they filmed their supposed "video shoot" that Phoenix mentioned some time ago, being as it's only 700+ miles by air from LA.

4. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I are running out of ammo. The "De var to" bit really bugs me.

If the radiating earth were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendour of the Mighty One.
    I am mighty, world-destroying Time.

If the radiating women were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendour of the Mighty One.

If the radiance of limes were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendour of the Mighty One.

If the radiance of war were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendour of the Mighty One.

5. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I don't think you're allowed to be at the site at certain times of the year, due to the radiation. At least, I remember reading that. I'd have to check again.
    EDIT: The site is only open on the first Saturdays of April and October (according to Wikipedia), but LP might have perks, due to being a popular band and filming a video, etc.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. Joe

Yeah, that's the only problem I had trying to research the accessibility of it, I couldn't really find much about it. I thought it would have been a cool idea nonetheless. :lol:

7. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

My brain actually hurts. I haven't given this much thought to anything in a while. ugh.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

9. Joe

[youtube]7ZrtiEJ1mdU[/youtube]

My brain hurts... mah, mah, my brain hurts...

10. Xux

Xux Member

Mike did emphasize that something was missing, which reminded me of something that seems amiss: The two sentences aren't from the same verse of the Bhagavad Gita. Why use 11.12 and part of 11.32? Unless we're meant to connect the 11.12 part with the atomic bomb (and thus Nagasaki/site two), and then use the 11.32 part to solve this new riddle? Besides, if this was a riddle, the answer comes from the second sentence. "I am mighty, world-destroying Time." Who was? Krishna.

Mike also mentioned that Oppenheimer was quoting someone...I thought that referred to quoting the Bhagavad Gita, but what if it's who he was quoting? Who actually said the quote? Krishna. If this is a riddle, then the answer is that Krishna is the mighty, world-destroying time. Can we find a URL that uses the words Nagasaki & Krishna?

11. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Vishnu, not Krishna.

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

To the first point, we're using phrases from 2 different verses because they've become famous because of Oppenheimer. That was Oppenheimer's choice, not Mike's.

13. Xux

Xux Member

Oops, my mistake...
    Hmmm...but did Oppenheimer say them together at the same time? I thought he said them at different times.

14. Brandon

He did say them at different times. But they've both become synonymous with Oppenheimer and the Trinity test.

15. Ophelia

Good Lord Joe, you have been working on this for entirely way too long.

16. Joe

Yeah, it's not good really. I'm failing to find any more headway for this puzzle.

17. Ophelia

I think I'm done for tonight, I can't even think of where else to take this.

18. Joe

I really like the way Xux is thinking, but every time I try to look into it, I don't really get anything. I'm going to keep trying out things for now though and see what happens.

19. Xux

Xux Member

Yeah, I'm still pondering too. It just seems to me that everything pointing to the atomic bomb makes Nagasaki/site_two one heck of a coincidence. A little too suspicious... I feel like Bhagavad Gita part is bogging down my thinking, and muddying everything up.

20. Brandon

Random tidbit that probably means nothing.

Mike wanted us to focus more on what Oppenheimer was quoting. He was quoting the Bhagavad Gita, Hindu holy book. Saraswati is the Indian Goddess of Music, and here's a gem you all may remember:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/09/15/chesters-vaporized-arm/

Take a look at the picture hanging behind Chester. That is a picture of Saraswati. I obviously don't think Mike planted that picture there back in September to use now, but it shows that there was at least some influence of that particular goddess in the studio with them.

They probably just hung it there for atmosphere, but anything helps I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.