How would you want the first single from the second FM album to sound?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Joe, Jun 17, 2010.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Would you want it to be really hip-hop orientated? Maybe have a more rock vibe? How about featured artists or just Mike? and would you like to see the track become more mainstream with more radio plays? Or maybe just the style of the track itself, like suited for a club, more serious, laid back or whatever?

Or maybe just tell us what you think would be the best direction Mike should take to make an impact with the first single off his second solo album.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think it should be vuvuzela oriented XD just kidding!

I really want it hip hop oriented to be honest. I think it would be a great change up after the rock oriented MTM

oh and you should probably move this thread to a different forum XD

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

No, I meant the first single off of a hypothetical new Fort Minor CD. Maybe I didn't word it right. :lol:

Jeff

oh ok, i saw new single and i thought new LP record and not new FM record haha. in that case, if there would be a new FOrt Minor record, highly doubtable, i think that a guitar driven hip hop single would be orgasmic

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

For a second I was about to get my teenie on and spaz about new fm album lol
    if there ever is a new fm album I'd like to hear more sample based production with mike rapping on the same level he was on the mixtape.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I would want it to sound like awesome Fort Minor stuff that we love.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I don't know I felt like the beats were great overall but if they just had that little grimy sample based sound to it than the album production wise would have been on a whole new level. Mike was great but he rapped so much better on the mixtape that it just sounds like he was being a little lazy on the album.

I think maybe some input from outside producers would be a nice touch to it as well.

hawk

Fort Minor was the first album I listened to with no pauses at all, if there was a second album then I want that again.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Simple but effective, that's what my definition to a great album.
    Just hope that they'll make it with a cello intro, heavy drum beat, easy guitar/bass lines, and keyboard rhythms, wonderful then.

hawk

The drum beats can be the shit...

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

What would you guys say to him rapping over someone else's beat on his album? Someone like Dj Khalil/Just Blaze/Boi 1da

Jeff

Mike is to good for other peoples beats to be honest

hawk

That.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I am going to have to disagree there it would make things much more interesting to have outside input in there and productionwise dj Khalil is very underrated and has much more talent IMO than mike. I love linkin park as much as the next guy here but I think you guys hold him way too high, mike himself is underrated as a producer but he is no where near the best. In terms of him being a rapper it would be interesting to see him branch out and rap outside his comfort zone on others beats. I felt that's one of the things that held his album back from doing as well as it should have. A lot of hip hop heads listen to certain songs because of the producer, people don't see mike as a stand alone rapper just the dude from a rock band who sometimes raps. If he wanted to really branch out and reach a wider audience he should have been more diverse beatwose and gotten input from others for beats. Fort minor had so much potential and it could have been reached had mike done things a little differently production wise as well as with the people who featured on the album.

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Just more stuff like TRT. I'd like it to be more of a solo project. I expect to see another FM project next year.

Jeff

To be honest, i dont want The Rising Tied Part Two. I would love to hear something unique, probably more guitar driven hip hop beats, with another variety of hip hop artists to be featured. Maybe some newer artists, like Drake and Kid Cudi.

hawk

I would love another FM album, I can see one coming in the upcoming years when LP have a break for a while.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'd like it to be a bit darker, as well as a bit more complex. I felt some things were too simple on Rising Tied. I know Mike can make that happen.

hawk

Explain what you mean by darker......

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, by darker, I mean more minor key stuff. There was definitely a bit of that on "Rising Tied," but I think there could be more.