Will LP Ever Consider A Guest Female Vocalist To Sing Hook?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LPChris, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Hi all. I just had this random thought, and I was actually really wondering about it.

Going through Linkin Park's main albums (Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight), I don't understand why Linkin Park has no guest appearances in any of their songs! I understand that most rock bands don't do it and it's most common in the hip-hop industry, but Linkin Park isn't like "most rock bands".

I LOVED what they did in Reanimation with all of their guest appearances. I also love all the guest appearances that Mike Shinoda had in The Rising Tied.

Do you think we can hope to expect a guest appearance in the new Linkin Park album?

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love how Chester's voice sounds accompanied with a guest female vocalist like in My <Dsmbr (Reanimation version).

Chester and Kelli Ali own it. I love that song.

I could imagine any single from Linkin Park with a guest female vocalist singing the hook along with Chester Bennington to BLOW UP! Don't you? The reason I got this idea was because of all the other big songs that I've heard with guest vocalists.

I would love for Linkin Park to put one or two songs with guest vocalists in their new album. What about you?

Also, glad to be a part of these forums :headbang:

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I don't see anything like this honestly. I mean it would be cool but for some reason I don't see this

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Ehh, they already have two vocalists. Probably the main reason.

LPChris

But neither have a great female voice :)

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Lol Chester sings high enough.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The band generally don't like to collaborate with anyone on their studio albums (aside from, say, the occasional session musician and/or David Campbell, as on "Meteora") because they want those albums to represent just what the six of them can do. As you're all aware, they save their urge to collaborate for side-projects between albums, such as "Reanimation" and "Collision Course" and guest appearances on other people's albums. ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2010
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

WELCOME TO THE LPA!

Honestly, I can't image this happening nor would I really want this to happen.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hey, welcome! Yeah, I can see them doing this maybe at a live show, and maybe on a track that wouldn't be album featured, but I don't know who they would collaborate with. It will never happen on an album track I don't think.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Quoting Phoenix from our interview with him in regards to covers/guest spots:

Phi: I don't think that we'd ever include a cover song, our idea has always been, also I mean we've talked about it a lot, where if we're asked you know, as far as if we're going to have any guests on the CD and that kind of thing, we've never done and we've never had any guest performers on an actual album, the albums have always been just Linkin Park, and the guest performances or whatever you wanna call it, would always be on you know whether it's the mash-up project, or whether its reanimation or whether its an LPU CD etc. And I think the same mentality would probably fit for doing an actual cover song as well. I think the album for us is always, we want that to be, you know, from the first song to the last song we want them to fit together, and we want that just to be kind of our own project, and our own complete vision of something, and not have a disjointed, individual song, or feel to it like what might happen if you have or introduce or have a, you know, cover song or something like that.

Based on what he said there I sadly think that unless it's on a remix/mashup album that we'll never see guests on an LP album.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

^^^ Yup. but if LP were ever to include a female in one of their songs I nominate Alexia Rodriguez of ESTK

LPChris

Ohh I see. Thanks for finding that quote from Phoenix.

The reason I was thinking about it was because of that new song Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams from Paramore. It's just a great song, and I can't imagine what a super-talented bunch like Linkin Park could do with a great Shinoda beat, Shinoda rapping, Chester singing, and an extra vocalist. Such as in My <Dsmbr from Reanimation.

Bummer :(

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

We got demos for LPU 9. Maybe LPU 10 can be collabs and covers?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I am very sure they'll have another remix album or at least EP down the road :). I don't think we've heard the last of the Reanimation-style EPs from LP.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

fingers crossed!

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

My thing is, the only reason people say this is because of Mike and the rap influence he brings to the group. I bring that up because how many rock bands really have guest appearances? Very, very few of them do. But for some reason we all expect LP to have guest stars. It would be cool but LP is primarily a rock band, and rock bands just don't have many guest stars. That's something that hip-hop & pop primarily does. The few guest appearance I can think of are Limp Bizkit (rap influence again), Seether (they were dating), and non-album songs.

LPChris

Well that settles it :(

Can't wait for an LP reanimation type project again!

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I wasn't really a major fan of Reanimation, maybe Mike should remix some songs (taking hims time, and in his own time too) and release a special album on like iTunes or something, loved his LOATR remix.

musicmae12

musicmae12 Member

Nice idea you have there LPChris but I agree with Joseph I also can`t imagine Linkin Park would do a collab with a female singer or any other artist in their album. :D

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Kelli Ali's vocals on My December Reanimated makes it one of my favorite LP tracks from any album.

I'd love to hear LIGHTS record with LP but it'll never happen.

site_two

site_two Banned

Is that the only song where Linkin Park have collaborated with a female vocalist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.