Mike Elaborates On Decision To Delay Album To Late 2010

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

I'm disappointed. In the end there's nothing we can do, it's gonna be released when it's released but it's still disappointing. Mike can say whatever he wants, I don't get my hopes up for 2010 release actually. If you don't know when it's gonna be released than how do you know it's not gonna be 2011? Would be awesome, sure, but until things begin to happen, I don't expect it earlier than next year. I also have to say that the reason for my disappointment is that while I keep my hype low (not to expect too much based on nothing), I was pretty confident we're getting close to the release only to find there's still almost a year ahead.

On another note those "new, special ideas" got my attention. Earlier I've said that (highly unlikely) the delay is because they want to get their initial idea of multimedia experience back to their goals. And while this may (and probably will) turn out to be something else, it's still interesting and I look forward to whatever they've got planned.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't know what this other thread was....but AFI have released albums in 2000, 2003, 2006, and then 2009. 3 years/album is hardly "quickly".

Also, LP are more popular, but I am unsure how they are a whole different caliber of anything. I mean, I don't want to derail things with an off topic fight, but AFI have FAR more variability in their music, have been around far longer, have more technically competent musicians, and a vocalist I would call as good as Chester (though that is more opinionated).

Not saying you should like them more...but to say LP are of a obviously higher caliber is just not justified in my opinion.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

He produced a track on Apathy's latest album, a track called "Shoot First". :)

fuber4

fuber4 Member

My Opinion

I think that Linkin Park should just go back to their old style of music that everyone loves and try and not be someone that they are not. They were doing fine with Hybrid Theory and Meteora. That is what made them and I'm sure if they would be themselves, they would come out with "Albums" as well as other music and appease everyone.

Please don't criticize me because of my opinion.

Thanks.

fuber4

fuber4 Member

I agree completely with the first part. I am quite disappointed to find out of another delay, but that is what Linkin Park does. Ever since Meteora and their "style change" they have been really slow at putting anything out. I certainly hope their next album is better than M2M and I hope they bring back some of the old LP.

I, myself and not expecting much as well, but look forward to hearing what they have coming.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Lmaoo
    thats so awesome but im the one who wrote that on mikes blog and he replied to it!! haha sweet :)
    thats pretty cool of him to clear it up tho!!

minuteforce

The gaps between the first three albums were both four years; it hasn't yet been four years since the release of "Minutes To Midnight", so let's hold on before we say they've become slower at putting new albums out. ;)

Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

Not strickly related to the thread but this is what Chester said on his Twitter about an hour ago about the new LP album:

Promise that the new LP is fucking insane. Complex. Heavy without metal. Strong hiphop. Mix HT and M2M. Melodic

Cool!

minuteforce

I must say ... that sounds promising.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Hmm...I hope it has SOME metal in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.