Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

Mike Elaborates On Decision To Delay Album To Late 2010

In response to several fan comments on his blog, Mike Shinoda cleared the air about the decision to release the album in late 2010, along with some insight into the current recording process:

"I appreciate your concern. I have two comments, to help give you some insight into our process. First, we don’t know when the album is coming out; we are recording constantly and doing everything we can to make a great record (ready for release in 2010). We have some new, special ideas for this release, and those ideas have delayed it slightly–but not into 2011.

Secondly, I said we’d “release music more often,” not “albums”…between the DBS record, “New Divide,” “Not Alone,” the tracks I’ve done with other artists (Metric, Lupe, Kenna, Cypress Hill, Apathy, etc.), the iPhone game and song, and any other unforeseen things that might happen before the album release, I think we’ve proven that statement to be very true."

Source: Mikeshinoda.com via Jacob Undead

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    He makes a good point; a lot of stuff has come out of the LP camp recently.

They're eating all my shotgun smiles ...

Hey John, What's Your Name Again? [TDWP] Jacob's Avatar
    Derek do you and Mike share the same brain? ha
    he said the same thing you said
    but ok. He is hopin for a 2010 release

I'm cool with the way the band is doing things. They have been a lot more active with the fans after the release of M2M than after the release of Meteora.
    "i think it's nice."-heshboy

Anyone who doesn't realize and appreciate how much new music they put out recently is just greedy and selfish.

Those are the people who really don't appreciate music and don't see it as an art
    Get Drunk With Linkin Park -- Power Hour
    http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/...929&highlight=

Lie's, Greed, Misery, and Road Rumble Strips in the Bridge. Get's Me Every time...t

Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    He's totally right though. Quit yo whinin' kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt

Up The Irons

Maybe there are some people who don't care about DBS, the other artists that Mike has worked with and the iPhone game. I know I don't have any interest in the last two things. While it's nice to do other things, I see it as filler. The time spent other things could be time spent on the new album, which wouldn't take so long if they didn't spread themselves around so much on other projects. I would do that stuff after the new album dropped, not during the album process. I might get shit for that, but oh well lol.
    .:.Past LP Shows.:.
    2/13/2002 // Projekt Revolution // Philadelphia, PA
    1/20/2004 // Meteora World Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/25/2007 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    7/19/2008 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    1/31/2011 // A Thousand Suns Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/17/2012 // Honda Civic Tour // Camden, NJ

Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Two new songs is pretty solid though, and that's partly the result of this iPhone game.
    You can't deny they're giving us more than they used to, which was basically what they said they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Maybe there are some people who don't care about DBS, the other artists that Mike has worked with and the iPhone game. I know I don't have any interest in the last two things. While it's nice to do other things, I see it as filler. The time spent other things could be time spent on the new album, which wouldn't take so long if they didn't spread themselves around so much on other projects. I would do that stuff after the new album dropped, not during the album process. I might get shit for that, but oh well lol.
    I thought you really enjoyed the new DBS record and said it's how the new LP should sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I thought you really enjoyed the new DBS record and said it's how the new LP should sound?
    Re-read what I wrote lol. I said I didn't have an interest in the other two things, meaning the artists Mike works with and the iPhone game. DBS wasn't included in that, since I love DBS lol. And I want like an "In The Darkness" type of song on the new LP album, but it most likely won't happen, which is fine. I just want something that I haven't heard them do before.

Re-read what I wrote lol. I said I didn't have an interest in the other two things, meaning the artists Mike works with and the iPhone game. DBS wasn't included in that, since I love DBS lol. And I want like an "In The Darkness" type of song on the new LP album, but it most likely won't happen, which is fine. I just want something that I haven't heard them do before.
    Well all their quotes suggest that's what we're getting...and I know they're capable of it. Let's just hope they do what they want to do, and not what the public would want them to do. They need to show off on this next record.

3 Stars and a Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    In response to several fan comments on his blog, Mike Shinoda cleared the air about the decision to release the album in late 2010, along with some insight into the current recording process:

"I appreciate your concern. I have two comments, to help give you some insight into our process. First, we don’t know when the album is coming out; we are recording constantly and doing everything we can to make a great record (ready for release in 2010). We have some new, special ideas for this release, and those ideas have delayed it slightly–but not into 2011.

Secondly, I said we’d “release music more often,” not “albums”…between the DBS record, “New Divide,” “Not Alone,” the tracks I’ve done with other artists (Metric, Lupe, Kenna, Cypress Hill, Apathy, etc.), the iPhone game and song, and any other unforeseen things that might happen before the album release, I think we’ve proven that statement to be very true."

Source: Mikeshinoda.com via Jacob Undead
    Loud and clear. *thumbs up*

People stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by _cam_ View Post
    Loud and clear. *thumbs up*

People stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by {L}EcM3311{P} View Post
    Those are the people who really don't appreciate music and don't see it as an art
    yeah definitely...

I posted this in the other thread:

I think it's absurd Mike has to post an explanation because people are whining about the release date being pushed back a little. Use some common sense people, albums take a fucking long time to make. It's good that bands like AFI can release albums quickly but, no offence to any AFI fans (I'm one myself), LP are in a whole different calibre of musical production and stature.

They're working on an album, let's be thankful for that. After all the touring and various projects they've had going on, they're well inclined to take a break from music altogether.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

He does indeed have a point. Didn't know he was working with Apathy again, wonder what kick-ass project those two are creating right now .

Hey John, What's Your Name Again? [TDWP] Jacob's Avatar
    That's actually a really good point. I personally do not care for DBS. Not Alone and New Divide were pretty cool though. I don't care for the artist Mike produced for much either. and as far as the 8 bit rebellion song. I will just have to how that turns out before I can make a judgement call.

Just raise your hand if your READY for NEW Linkin Park

*raises hand*
    This aint no sham.
    I am what I am.
    I'll leave no tide for a cynic's mind.

Agent O:Derek Long is the Ron Jeremy of LPA

Thread Information