What is the Best SOAD Album?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Methybrea, Apr 13, 2003.

?

What is the Best SOAD Album?

1. System of A Down (self-titled) - 1998

100.0%
  2. Toxicity - 2001

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Steal This Album! - 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    OggeM

OggeM Ambient

Toxicity

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

none of them are amazing but toxicity and steal this album are the best out of them.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I'm not crying over it, but think of how you'd feel if someone said LP sucked. You would try to convince them otherwise... And yes I think I can have an opinion on that, although you may not to agree with me! ^_^

Sorry if I was offensive or anything.

But I AM very shocked at the amount of negative reaction over System of A Down, and how many people don't like their self-titled as much!

FTI: Power Struggle is Bubbles on STA!, Streamline's on STA (on Scorpion King Soundtrack and its great), and Side of The Freeway ([In the Car] as the next part of the lyrics would be Mr. Jack off STA!).

I've seen Virginity too, I think its a demo, but I don't know about the rest. They are working on a new album though. Let's hope its as complex as Toxicity and as quirky as Steal This Album!.

Way to go on deleting yourself out.

mocking:

"They're not so great, except for Toxicity and Steal This Album which are 2 of 3! I make no sense because I can't make up my mind!"

:)

["I kid, I kid"]

I'm not crying over it, but think of how you'd feel if someone said LP sucked. You would try to convince them otherwise... And yes I think I can have an opinion on that, although you may not to agree with me! ^_^

Sorry if I was offensive or anything.

But I AM very shocked at the amount of negative reaction over System of A Down, and how many people don't like their self-titled as much!

FTI: Power Struggle is Bubbles on STA!, Streamline's on STA (on Scorpion King Soundtrack and its great), and Side of The Freeway ([In the Car] as the next part of the lyrics would be Mr. Jack off STA!).

I've seen Virginity too, I think its a demo, but I don't know about the rest. They are working on a new album though. Let's hope its as complex as Toxicity and as quirky as Steal This Album!. [/b][/quote]
    Side of The Freeway is the only song I like on that untitled advance copy I have. So it's on Steal This Album? I guess I like ONE song on the new SOAD album. ;)

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

Everyone likes Toxicity better just because it gained more commercial success. The Self-titiled is better

I agree with you there. Toxicity is NOTHING compared to the self-titled. I think they did a complete change from album 1 to album 2. I wish they hadn't changed, because I don't like them anymore.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Way to go on deleting yourself out.

mocking:

"They're not so great, except for Toxicity and Steal This Album which are 2 of 3! I make no sense because I can't make up my mind!"

:)

["I kid, I kid"] [/b][/quote]
    i like contradicting myself!

Methybrea

Toxicty is a good metal cd, a bit above average, with some great songs like Chop Suey, Toxicity and The Prison Song....But SOAD can do WAY better! I mean, how the debut blows Toxicity out of the water with songs like Know (awesome lyrics, 'Cursed Earth!'), Sugar (jazz-like verses with fast-talking), Spiders (slow track, Serj's awesome), Soil ('Don't you, realize, that evil lives in the motherf***in skin!), War? (my favourite! 'We will fight the heathens!'), Peephole (amazing guitar solo!), Darts ('Arise as did the gods ninti! And Ishkur, Ishkur mothaf***a!'), and PLUCK (talking about genocide, a really catchy tune 'revolution/the only solution/the armed response of an entire nation')

The standout tracks that are better than anything Toxicity has to offer except the three above and maybe Aerials.

Hopefully you enjoyed my mini-'review' of the self-titled.

FTI, it says you have Streamline on the list too. You don't like that track?
    The one on the Scorpion King soundtrack? I love it. 'I wasn't there for you' is a snippet of the lyrics.Better than Mr. Jack (Side of the Freeway) in my opinion.

'we don't give a' may also be A.D.D. on Steal This Album.
    IF it goes 'We don't give a **** about your world with all your...'

'Everytime' may be 'Boom!' on Steal this Album. If it goes 'Everytime you drop the bomb you kill the god your child has born'

Therapy may be 'Chic'N'Stu' as well. It goes 'Therapy, Therapy, advertisements causing me, therapy, therapy...'

And I haven't heard all the STA songs so, you may have some or all of the songs on that album...

Yup, "Everytime" is "Boom." Sorry, like I said: Side of the Freeway is the only one I like on that untitled release.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

*moves*

Methybrea

Yeah, SOAD- SOAD is tied with Toxicity!