The Killers Third Album Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Jun 28, 2008.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Awwww yeah. Sweet! ^_^

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Outstanding, after seeing them live for the first time less than a year ago they really grew on me. I'm sure they will be making a Bay Area stop next year. :D

Thanks for all the updated info!

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

A very long article from NME posted today. Its a very good read, and has some new information about the album:

So, from this im guessing that Spaceman has been renamed "Starman". Its inclusion among Mr. Brightside and When You Were Young suggests that maybe it will be a single. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine wasnt a single though, so I am not sure right now. Regardless, the reviewer seemed to enjoy what he heard of the album, wchich is good.

EDIT: Never mind, Starman is not the renamed Spaceman. It was a mistake on the part of the writer, so the song is still Spaceman.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
    The_Cool_Cow

Okay, an insane amount of information has come out in the next little while, so prepare for some long reading. Oh, by the way Starman was a typo, not a renaming of Spaceman. Anyway on with the first articles, a collection of album previews from Portugal, I believe. Wherever it was from, whoever translated it wasnt very good. Here are the aricles:

The most interesting article about the new album yet was just posted today, from the Guardian UK. Its very long, but interesting, so its a good read:

So, lots of information. Currently the tracklist looks something like this:

- Joyride
    - I Can't Stay
    - Losing Touch
    - Goodbye, Travel Well
    - Neon Tiger
    - Spaceman
    - The Dustland Fairytale
    - Vibrations
    - Human

The more I hear about this album, the more amazing it seems. I can not wait for this.

Also, apparently 18 songs were recorded. According to the Portugal previews, though, there's 12 (or 13?) songs. So, im not sure. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Andrea

Songs recorded/tracklisting?

Eeeeeek. I'm bouncing off the walls! I cannot wait to have this album in my hands. November, get here now, lol.

The_Cool_Cow

^ I think that that would be songs recorded. They recorded 19, 10 are on the album.

So, more information today. First off theres and article from Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2008/09/brandon-flowers-talks-day-age.php). It says that they listened to 5 songs (they mentioned Human, I Cant Stay, and Dustland Fairytale), and they said that each will blow your mind, and are the best things that the band has ever done. Sounds good to me.

In other news, the album has a confirmed 24/25 of November release date (I believe that 24th is for UK and 25th is everywhere else), and the single "Human" will be released on the 22nd of September. Here is the official press release:

I am really excited.

The_Cool_Cow

Come on, wheres the excitement? THE NEW SINGLE IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Well, im excited:rolleyes:.

Andrea

Shit, you don't have to tell me twice, lol. I am super excited! :lol:

WOOOOOOOT!

The_Cool_Cow

I clip of "Human" was posted:

http://kroq-data.com/wah/wah/audio/default.aspx?a=715&c=0&k=

I havent listened to it yet, I want to keep the whole thing a surprise for its official release. According to the forum posters on The Killers official forum, though, it is extremely dancey, and very clean (like Hot Fuss). Im not sure what to think, I dont want too dancey. I like real instruments!

Andrea

Oh my God, I didn't want to click, but I did, lol. I couldn't resist any longer. :lol: It is dancey but I personally liked what I heard from that little clip. Oohhh, it's making the anticipation worse. :lol: It definitely has a "Hot Fuss" feel to it. :)

Man, they need to release the album and tour asap. I need to see them again.

The_Cool_Cow

Yeah, I caved too:lol:.

I like it. I was worried that it was going to be too dancey, but it wasnt. It has a Hot Fuss vibe, but with a Sams Town feeling as well. It should be good.

Andrea

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I like the music but I'm not sure if the vocals fit or not.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I like it a lot actually. It's different, but you can still tell it's the Killers.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

im pretty impressed :) not 100% on the vocals though :mellow:

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh god, I have to go change my panties nao! :sorcerer:

Andrea

LOL. I feel the same way. :lol:

The_Cool_Cow

I like it. Its growing on me, though I think that the synth's should be turned down a little bit. Still. it will probably be a hit, and it might be awesome live.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The song is pretty good. I definitely can hear the Viva La Vida comparison Perez Hilton said. I like it.

*EDIT* Not a fan of the lyrics on this track, as some of the lines (not all) when put in context are basically meaningless.

As for Branden's singing...he's sung better than this in the past. The track is still rather good and I'd rate it a 7.5/10 but I sincerely hope Branden ditches the strange almost nonsensical lyrics on the other tracks.

Andrea

Anyway, in other news, it's been announced that The Killers will be on Saturday Night Live on October 4th. Hopefully they will do "Human" justice. If not, no biggie.