Demo Differences

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by whativedon3, Apr 14, 2008.

whativedon3

whativedon3 New Member

The demos that repeat like Esaul, Super Zero, and Points of Authority - can anyone tell me the the differences?

I know Esaul and By Myself have 3, and Points of Authority has 2, but I need to know which is which (e.g. "sink or swim" POA is first demo or second?)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

By Myself:
    #1 = "Super Zero" from the 9-track demo CD. It has Mike whispering "So, what do you think?" at the beginning, and during the bridge there is a drum beat going in the background. The lyrics in this one are significantly different than the other 2 versions.

#2 = "By Myself" from the 2-track demo CD. This one doesn't have the whisper at the beginning or the beat in the bridge that the 9-track version has. Also, on the first words of the song, "What do I do," Mike comes in right on the beat, and during the bridge he says "I'm so afraid."

#3 = "Super Xero" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is almost the same as the 2-track version, except Mike comes in off the beat on the first line of the song, and during the bridge he says "Always afraid" instead of "I'm so afraid."

A Place for My Head:
    #1 = "Esaul" from the 9-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "So I run from that to a place I can't find you at" in the first verse.

#2 = "A Place for My Head (Esaul)" from the 2-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "But an on-front attack, you could never run from that" in the first verse, different from the 9-track version. This version has the "And the second it starts" lyric at the start of the 2nd verse that the website version doesn't have.

#3 = "Esaul" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is similar to the 2-track version, except that at the start of the second verse, there's just the guitar playing with no vocals for a second, without the "And the second it starts" lyric.

#4 = "Esaul" from Frat Party. This is an easter egg on the DVD, and is a live rehearsal performance of the song sometime in 1999. The lyrics are drastically different from any of the other 3 versions.

Forgotten:
    #1 = "Rhinestone" from the Xero demo tape. There are numerous differences between the 2 versions of Rhinestone, but the easy way to tell them apart is that this one has Mark Wakefield on vocals.

#2 = "Rhinestone" from the 9-track demo CD. This one has Chester singing.

Points of Authority:
    #1 = "Points & Authority" from the 9-track demo CD. This is the version with the "it's time to sink or swim" breakdown.

#2 = "Points of Authotity" from the old hybridtheory.com website. Commonly mislabeled as "Vertical Limit," this is the version with the alternate rap lyrics: "Forfeit the game/stop the talk show" etc...this isn't really a "demo," but more or less an alternate take on the final Hybrid Theory mix (similar to Now I See and Plaster).

whativedon3

whativedon3 New Member

Sweet thanks. In the 1stp Klosr demo, is Jonathan Davis on that one or no?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Nope. The 1stp Klosr demo is the one that's an easter egg on Frat Party. Pretty much the same as the final Reanimation version, except it's a bit more stripped down, doesn't have JD's vocals, and the ending goes on for a little longer.