Information on new Muse Album

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Jan 27, 2008.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Im not sure about the whole 50 minute symphony idea. I would rather they just do a bunch of songs. I really hope that they bring some of the darkness from Origin of Symmetry and Absolution back for this album. BHaR was oo poppy, in my opinion. In regards to the film score thing, that would be cool, but I would rather they put out another album first.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I personally thought Black Holes and Revelations was a very strong album for Muse. I thought it was impressive.

Either way, I don't really mind what Muse does with this next album. I'm sure they'll manage to create something remarkable like they always have. I like to see them continually change their style without losing the Muse touch. They've done that with each album, and all of them have been fairly good. I mean, Origin of Symmetry was out of this world and Absolution was very well done. Black Holes was a bit commercial but it was still impressive regardless of the politics (I mean, Knights of Cydonia is amazing).

I suppose we'll see. The symphony idea could be good, but, I don't want their next album to be too dark. Origin of Symmetry was good but going back to that is not the best thing to do, I think. I suppose we'll see what happens.

The_Cool_Cow

I also like BHaR, and I do think that it is a little bit underrated, but, in my opinion, it was not as consistent as OOS or Absolution. Knights of Cydonia is great, but Exo-Politics and City of Delusion are probably my least favourite Muse songs. It especially annoys me that those songs got on the album, and Crying Shame, Easily, and Glorious did not.

I also dont want the next album to be too dark, but I want it to be a little bit darker. I dont want them to go back to the OOS sound, either, because that would be moving backwards.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i think matt's suggestion of the album possibly being "one fifty-minute symphony" may be a joke. ha. :) but, yeah, i don't mind what i've heard from muse and i wouldn't mind hearing more.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've lost interest in them lately but I do think that, if you take OoS out of the equation, they've gotten better with each album.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

A 50 minute symphony...I like the idea of that, I really do.

I wasn't really a big fan of their last album. There were a few select good songs, but it was mostly mediocre in my opinion. I'm interested to see what they'll come up with on the next album

Thanks for the news =D

silve2

silve2 Banned

I like Muse. BHaR was their strongest effort by far and I would be shocked if they didn't build on that kind of sound. A "symphony" doesn't really seem like a good direction - this is 2008... just my thought though.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Actually, I really like Exo-Politics and City of Delusion. I liked those three B-Sides too, but unfortunately, they don't really have a place on that album. But they are really good, though.

Dean: You didn't like Origin of Symmetry?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Showbiz is probably my favorite album by them but Black Holes and Revelations was a solid CD. I wouldn't mind hearing what they could make in terms of a 50 minute symphony. Sounds interesting.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

No, I think that's their best album.

The_Cool_Cow

I think that they could have gone on the CD. If they replaced Exo-politics with Crying Shame, put Easily after Starlight, and then put Glorious right before Knights of Cydonia, it could have worked.

Okay, a bunch of new news on the nest Muse album, though no one really knows if they are actually going to do what they say, as Matt Bellamy usually does not follow through on what he says each album will sound like.

So, im going to just go through all the information we have about this album:

- Originally they said that it could sound like Map of The Problematique.

- Then they said 50 minute symphony.

Thats whats been released so far, heres the new stuff:

Theres some stuff here that makes me excited for the album, and some that makes me a little bit nervous. Im all for a hip-hop/classical/prog/dance/rock album, sounds like something they could do really well. However, I do not like the 11 song best-of idea that they have. I like having the actual album, and I think that knowing all the songs beforehand would sort of ruin it when the album comes out. Also, I hope that they dont do a 15 minute solo. I like space rock solos, but not for that long. I hope that he does not actually rap, also, because im not sure how that would sound.