Extremely H! Vltg3 The_Cool_Cow's Avatar

Information on new Muse Album

Matt Bellamy has revealed that Muse's fifth full length release - slated for a late 2008/early 2009 release date - could be different from the band's past releases.

"I think we'll do what we always do - start recording and then figure out what to do with it. We're probably going to go up our own arses more than we have in the past, based on the fact that we'll be recording in our own studio." says Bellamy on the possible approach the band will take.

However, similarities to previous recordings will end there

"What will come out of that is impossible to say. It may just be albums, but it may be a stream of singles."

But Bellamy's third suggestion is the one that has set the band's numerous messageboards into meltdown.

"or it may be one fifty-minute symphony."

Despite this possibly busy schedule, Bellamy also admits that he is looking at delving into the world of film scoring.

"I've been offered some film composition work, I might do it, but I don't know if I can take Hollywood types telling me what to do. I've heard it can be quite stressful."

However, any work on music - be it for Muse, or for Hollywood - has been put on hold until mid-2008.

"I think initially we're all taking a break from it, I probably won't be writing any music for a few months."

So between a short rest, the release of the HAARP Tour DVD, which details the 2 gigs played at the new Wembley stadium, writing and recording the new album, as well as possibly working on film music, it could be that 2008 is a very busy year for the Devon threesome.
    Im not sure about the whole 50 minute symphony idea. I would rather they just do a bunch of songs. I really hope that they bring some of the darkness from Origin of Symmetry and Absolution back for this album. BHaR was oo poppy, in my opinion. In regards to the film score thing, that would be cool, but I would rather they put out another album first.
    This is my signature
    This is my signature
    This is my signature
    This is my signature

No control, no surprise.
    I personally thought Black Holes and Revelations was a very strong album for Muse. I thought it was impressive.

Either way, I don't really mind what Muse does with this next album. I'm sure they'll manage to create something remarkable like they always have. I like to see them continually change their style without losing the Muse touch. They've done that with each album, and all of them have been fairly good. I mean, Origin of Symmetry was out of this world and Absolution was very well done. Black Holes was a bit commercial but it was still impressive regardless of the politics (I mean, Knights of Cydonia is amazing).

I suppose we'll see. The symphony idea could be good, but, I don't want their next album to be too dark. Origin of Symmetry was good but going back to that is not the best thing to do, I think. I suppose we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I personally thought Black Holes and Revelations was a very strong album for Muse. I thought it was impressive.

Either way, I don't really mind what Muse does with this next album. I'm sure they'll manage to create something remarkable like they always have. I like to see them continually change their style without losing the Muse touch. They've done that with each album, and all of them have been fairly good. I mean, Origin of Symmetry was out of this world and Absolution was very well done. Black Holes was a bit commercial but it was still impressive regardless of the politics (I mean, Knights of Cydonia is amazing).

I suppose we'll see. The symphony idea could be good, but, I don't want their next album to be too dark. Origin of Symmetry was good but going back to that is not the best thing to do, I think. I suppose we'll see what happens.
    I also like BHaR, and I do think that it is a little bit underrated, but, in my opinion, it was not as consistent as OOS or Absolution. Knights of Cydonia is great, but Exo-Politics and City of Delusion are probably my least favourite Muse songs. It especially annoys me that those songs got on the album, and Crying Shame, Easily, and Glorious did not.

I also dont want the next album to be too dark, but I want it to be a little bit darker. I dont want them to go back to the OOS sound, either, because that would be moving backwards.

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    i think matt's suggestion of the album possibly being "one fifty-minute symphony" may be a joke. ha. but, yeah, i don't mind what i've heard from muse and i wouldn't mind hearing more.

What if I never even see you 'cause we're both on a stage?

I've lost interest in them lately but I do think that, if you take OoS out of the equation, they've gotten better with each album.

A 50 minute symphony...I like the idea of that, I really do.

I wasn't really a big fan of their last album. There were a few select good songs, but it was mostly mediocre in my opinion. I'm interested to see what they'll come up with on the next album

Thanks for the news =D
    <3
    Team Rampage

debs: samurai sword // friskey: rusty knives // hellflame: bazooka //
    mali: longbow // st0f: sledgehammer

Banned
    I like Muse. BHaR was their strongest effort by far and I would be shocked if they didn't build on that kind of sound. A "symphony" doesn't really seem like a good direction - this is 2008... just my thought though.

No control, no surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cool_Cow View Post
    I also like BHaR, and I do think that it is a little bit underrated, but, in my opinion, it was not as consistent as OOS or Absolution. Knights of Cydonia is great, but Exo-Politics and City of Delusion are probably my least favourite Muse songs. It especially annoys me that those songs got on the album, and Crying Shame, Easily, and Glorious did not.

I also dont want the next album to be too dark, but I want it to be a little bit darker. I dont want them to go back to the OOS sound, either, because that would be moving backwards.
    Actually, I really like Exo-Politics and City of Delusion. I liked those three B-Sides too, but unfortunately, they don't really have a place on that album. But they are really good, though.

Dean: You didn't like Origin of Symmetry?

Banned
    Showbiz is probably my favorite album by them but Black Holes and Revelations was a solid CD. I wouldn't mind hearing what they could make in terms of a 50 minute symphony. Sounds interesting.

Dean: You didn't like Origin of Symmetry?
    No, I think that's their best album.

Actually, I really like Exo-Politics and City of Delusion. I liked those three B-Sides too, but unfortunately, they don't really have a place on that album. But they are really good, though.
    I think that they could have gone on the CD. If they replaced Exo-politics with Crying Shame, put Easily after Starlight, and then put Glorious right before Knights of Cydonia, it could have worked.

Okay, a bunch of new news on the nest Muse album, though no one really knows if they are actually going to do what they say, as Matt Bellamy usually does not follow through on what he says each album will sound like.

So, im going to just go through all the information we have about this album:

- Originally they said that it could sound like Map of The Problematique.

- Then they said 50 minute symphony.

Thats whats been released so far, heres the new stuff:

A. We toured Australia and New Zealand at the same time as Justin Timberlake in November - a lot of the time we were playing the same cities on the same nights. I'd never really listened to Justin Timberlake, but he was selling out bigger venues than us, so I had a listen to his latest album and thought it was really good. We also started listening to some stuff by Timbaland, who produced that album, his music sounds kind of similar, but I think it's going to be a big influence when we get back into the studio. I've already written a couple of things with more rap-style vocals, which is something I'd tried a few times in the past, but it came out more like Rage Against The Machine and didn't really work: it just didn't suit my voice. This time though, I think the vibe is right. It's definitely something quite different from what we've done before!

(Source was Muselive I think it came from an Austrailian magazine)
    Muse frontman Matt Bellamy has revealed his plans for the bands future.

The star explained that hed like their next album to feature more prog influences as well as a dancier feel.

Talking to NME, the singer and guitarist said: "I think on the next album Id like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo."

He added: "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (2006 UK Top Five single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. Id love to do more stuff like that really."

In related news, Muse are playing at the Royal Albert hall as part of the charity shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust next month. The band said there's not gonna be the usual lights and special effects though.

Muse have also admitted they'd be up for writing the next James Bond theme.

As one of the biggest British bands of the moment - Matt Bellamy says - he doens't see them performing it, but has someone in mind who could.
    At the moment, we want to explore some dancier music. We opened the doors to that on Black Holes but it's something that I think we only just about got away with; we pulled it off rather then absolutely nailed it. So we want to try more of that. There will also be at least 12-minute, full-on, prog song. It'll be something like Knights of Cydonia but more so. I think we opened the door to a lot of things that we can now push even further.
    Here are a few quotes from the article from Matt:
    I dont think were going to approach making the next album like were making an album.

I think were just gonna make a load of music. I like the idea of releasing a series of songs, every month or every couple of months, and then every few years doing a Best Of from that period. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them, and whichever ones
    people like, stick that on a record of 11 tracks.
    Theres some stuff here that makes me excited for the album, and some that makes me a little bit nervous. Im all for a hip-hop/classical/prog/dance/rock album, sounds like something they could do really well. However, I do not like the 11 song best-of idea that they have. I like having the actual album, and I think that knowing all the songs beforehand would sort of ruin it when the album comes out. Also, I hope that they dont do a 15 minute solo. I like space rock solos, but not for that long. I hope that he does not actually rap, also, because im not sure how that would sound.

Thread Information