Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078

    'Tis The Season To Be.. Moshing?

    In the spirit of the Christmas season, a number of bands have posted their own covers of Christmas songs.

    P.O.D. have posted a cover of Run DMC's, Christmas In Hollis (renamed, Christmas In Cali) on their MySpace.

    Thrice and August Burns Red respectively, have posted their own version of Carol Of The Bells, the latter being done durning the recording of Messengers.

    Project 86 will post their own Christmas song at 2pm Pacific today. Until then, you can listen to the first three songs off of The Kane Mutiny EP.

    There's probably some out there that I missed, but feel free to add any that you find. I know that a death metal Christmas album came out last year, so there might be some bands that joined in on the fun and posted their's.
    Last edited by User Name; 12-08-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Fixed the August Burns Red link
    So, I'm going to go kick Abaddon in the balls. Later.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mercersburg, PA.
    Posts
    28,670
    I'm sorry, nothing comes close to Run DMC's version

  3. #3
    Great Job! Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    8,599
    the Thrice version of Carol of Bells is pretty cool

  4. #4
    Extremely H! Vltg3 Rosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    854
    I would love to see a tripped out version of Jingle Bells by LP, featuring Joe heavily. XD
    Coming 2008

  5. #5
    antichrist esaul17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,610
    Does it have to be this year?

    If not, 30STM have a song called "Santa Claus through the back door" out somewhere. Saosin has a Xmas song too, but I can't recall what it was called.

  6. #6
    Great Job! Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    8,599
    Quote Originally Posted by esaul17 View Post

    Saosin has a Xmas song too, but I can't recall what it was called.
    Mookies Last Christmas

  7. #7
    OMG, it's Alfred Molina! Astat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by esaul17 View Post
    Does it have to be this year?

    If not, 30STM have a song called "Santa Claus through the back door" out somewhere. Saosin has a Xmas song too, but I can't recall what it was called.
    The 30STM song is actually called "Dreaming of the Right Christmas," that one came out last year. The Killers also have Don't Shoot Me Santa (which is posted a few threads down), annnnd...that's all I can think of right now.
    O o
    /¯___________________________________
    |IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER BLARRRRRGHHHH
    \_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

  8. #8
    antichrist esaul17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Astat View Post
    The 30STM song is actually called "Dreaming of the Right Christmas," that one came out last year. The Killers also have Don't Shoot Me Santa (which is posted a few threads down), annnnd...that's all I can think of right now.
    Thanks for the correction, I guess mine is tagged wrong

    EDIT: But it is called "28. "Santa Through the Back Door" by 30 Seconds to Mars" on Amazon...are you sure it is really "Dreaming of the Right Christmas?"

    And the Saosin song was "Mookie's Last Christmas"

    The Used also have an old song called "Alone This Holiday" about Christmas

    Old again, but Korn-Xmas song. Sevendust also have a song called Xmas day, but I am not sure if it counts as the lyrics don't really seem related to Christmas...
    Last edited by esaul17; 12-08-2007 at 11:30 PM.

  9. #9
    It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    164
    How about Korn's "Jingle Balls" ? Perfect time for it!

  10. #10
    antichrist esaul17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,610
    Bright Eyes- Hungry for a Holiday
    Papa Roach- Not Coming Home

  11. #11
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by esaul17 View Post
    Does it have to be this year?
    No. Thrice's cover of Carol.. was done in 2003. P.O.D's cover, I think, was done sometime around Fundamental Elements...
    Last edited by User Name; 12-08-2007 at 11:58 PM.

  12. #12
    MEE† ∆† L∆KE $pvcxGhxztCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,886
    Afroman. A Colt 45 Christmas.

    GET IT.

  13. #13
    OMG, it's Alfred Molina! Astat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by esaul17 View Post
    Thanks for the correction, I guess mine is tagged wrong

    EDIT: But it is called "28. "Santa Through the Back Door" by 30 Seconds to Mars" on Amazon...are you sure it is really "Dreaming of the Right Christmas?"

    And the Saosin song was "Mookie's Last Christmas"

    The Used also have an old song called "Alone This Holiday" about Christmas

    Old again, but Korn-Xmas song. Sevendust also have a song called Xmas day, but I am not sure if it counts as the lyrics don't really seem related to Christmas...
    It might be Santa Claus Through the Back Door, all I know is that when they put up the song themselves last year, it opened as a Windows Media stream with the title "Dreaming of the Right Christmas."

  14. #14
    Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,770
    I still love blink-182's I Won't Be Home For Christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt


    Up The Irons

  15. #15
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078
    Project 86 has posted This Time Of Year on their mySpace. Very creepy, pretty dark sounding. I like it.

  16. #16
    Into the abyss. Oberyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Guilin, China.
    Posts
    10,512
    I'm glad I found this thread.


  17. #17
    bread crumbs & white stones
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posts
    34,889
    Funeral for a Friend's "Miracle of Christmas" is one of the best original Christmas songs I've heard in a long time.

    Most of what's on Taste of Christmas is really good, though. Except for that Street Drum Corps song with Bert from the Used. That song's a train wreck.
    So... I'll keep searching for a place called home.
    I'll rip my roots from this earth into the unknown.
    Is it for the dreams I chased or the ones I caught?
    This mystery, this misery is killing me.
    So, now, I'll leave behind a murder scene.
    My life isn't real; it's just s silhouette.
    And, when the sun goes down, I won't exist.

  18. #18
    Run for your life. Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,233
    Okay yeah yeah, I know the post is a bit late, but I only just found the song.

    August Burns Red have posted a cover of "Carol of the Bells" on their Myspace. It's an instrumental, but damn awesome.

    http://myspace.com/augustburnsred

    BREAK EVEN - PERTH CITY HARDCORE
    _______________________________________
    Facebook | Tumblr

  19. #19
    Good. Be magnanimous. Linja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Denial.
    Posts
    12,626
    I'm all for My Chem's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', but that definitely wasn't let out this year.

    TEAM RAMPAGE. Formerly known as tornrose&Mali&Maranwe&Sawyer&Hodgins&Panic&Malice&Psyche&Sake

  20. #20
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Okay yeah yeah, I know the post is a bit late, but I only just found the song.

    August Burns Red have posted a cover of "Carol of the Bells" on their Myspace. It's an instrumental, but damn awesome.

    http://myspace.com/augustburnsred
    Yeah, so, I mentioned that on the first post.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •