View Poll Results: What do you think is the best LPU CD so far?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • LPU V2.0 (2002)

    18 54.55%
  • LPU V3.0 (2003)

    0 0%
  • LPU V4.0 (2004)

    2 6.06%
  • LPU V5.0 (2005)

    0 0%
  • LPU V6.0 (2006)

    13 39.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Extremely H! Vltg3 Rosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996_LP View Post
    lol c'mon we havn't even got the tracklisting let alone heard the songs yet! I doubt its gonna be worse that 3.0 or 5.0 lol

    We don't need the tracklisting. We know it's all live versions of the songs, a lot of which we already have. I don't care for having the rest of the live versions.

    What gets me (even if they aren't in direct control of the fanclub anymore), is that they kept going on about how they had over a hundred song ideas. We got 12 songs on MtM, 1 B-Side in No Roads left, for a total of 13 songs. 13. Out of 100+. That other 87+ better have been REALLY SHITTY songs, because I don't see the reason for holding out on us. What extra work would they have to do, unless they would go and rerecord the B-Side for the CD? I would definitely take rough cuts of B-Sides over live tracks anyday. (Unless they were special live tracks like RME and the others mentioned above)
    Coming 2008

  2. #22
    Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRosh View Post
    We don't need the tracklisting. We know it's all live versions of the songs, a lot of which we already have. I don't care for having the rest of the live versions.

    What gets me (even if they aren't in direct control of the fanclub anymore), is that they kept going on about how they had over a hundred song ideas. We got 12 songs on MtM, 1 B-Side in No Roads left, for a total of 13 songs. 13. Out of 100+. That other 87+ better have been REALLY SHITTY songs, because I don't see the reason for holding out on us. What extra work would they have to do, unless they would go and rerecord the B-Side for the CD? I would definitely take rough cuts of B-Sides over live tracks anyday. (Unless they were special live tracks like RME and the others mentioned above)
    The key word here is idea. Mutliple song ideas could have been used in one song, so it would highly doubtful that Linkin Park had over 100 songs written for Minutes To Midnight.
    So, I'm going to go kick Abaddon in the balls. Later.

  3. #23
    . Coldplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    17,546
    Quote Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
    i'd say ... choosing between 2.0 and 6.0 is like choosing between "hybrid theory" and "meteora".
    So which one is Hybrid Theory then? Because that one apparently blows the other one out of the water.

    I agree in the statement that 7.0 will definitely be down there. I mean, all the conceivable tracks that could be on the CD are widely available already, so it's in no way 'exclusive.'

  4. #24
    Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996_LP View Post
    lol c'mon we havn't even got the tracklisting let alone heard the songs yet! I doubt its gonna be worse that 3.0 or 5.0 lol
    Yea couldn't be worse than 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt


    Up The Irons

  5. #25
    Ntr/Mssion MIR6N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    serbia
    Posts
    66
    LPU 4.0 is the best but 2.0 is not bad.

    L!MP B!ZK!T

  6. #26
    Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by [HARLZ] View Post
    Yea couldn't be worse than 3.0
    actually, 7.0 is worse;

    1. "No More Sorrow" (Toronto) - 05:14
    2. "What I've Done" (Hartford, CT) - 03:22
    3. "One Step Closer" (Syracuse, NY) - 03:41
    4. "Given Up" (West Palm Beach, FL) - 03:10
    5. "Numb" (Woodlands, TX) - 03:10
    6. "Crawling" (Holmdel, NJ) - 03:47
    7. "The Little Things Give You Away" (Atlanta, GA) - 07:21
    8. "In the End" (Toronto) - 03:43
    9. "Bleed It Out" (Raleigh, NC) - 07:49
    10. "Faint" (Holmdel, NJ) - 04:33

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_...derground_v7.0

    "a place for my head", live, pretty much pwnz that.

    Quote Originally Posted by OMFG CLAIRE View Post
    So which one is Hybrid Theory then? Because that one apparently blows the other one out of the water.

    I agree in the statement that 7.0 will definitely be down there. I mean, all the conceivable tracks that could be on the CD are widely available already, so it's in no way 'exclusive.'
    LPU 2.0 is the one that corresponds to HT -- a combination of "dedicated" and "my december", plus a live version of the original version of "with you", plus a live version of "high voltage", and a kickass instrumental to top it all off ... and a mediocre remix which is pretty decent ... that pretty much pwnz anything else LPU could offer.

    i'll admit that LPU 6.0 came close but it did not leave as big an impact for me.
    Last edited by minuteforce; 12-23-2007 at 10:36 AM.


    Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •