The Numbers Are In!!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Meteora…
    That flash of light wasn’t a falling star but a rising one, folks, as more than 830,000 rap-rock fans were thinkin’ Linkin, as in Park, this week. The Warner Bros. band’s sophomore album hit retail with the force of a…well, a meteor this week, blazing into the top spot on the HITS Top 50 album chart."

Yes Linkin Park is #1 in the US Album Charts. According to reports Linkin Park sold 833,670 copies in the first week. While not 1 million as originally expected as illustrated by the top 5 albums, LP outsold all the other artists this week by far.

01. LINKIN PARK WARNER BROS. 833,670
    METEORA
    02. CELINE DION EPIC 455,215
    ONE HEART
    03. NOW 12 CAPITOL 249,805
    VARIOUS
    04. 50 CENT SHADY/AM/INTERSCOPE 198,336
    GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN'
    05. NORAH JONES BLUE NOTE 139,563

It is still unclear how many copies were sold in the UK so the current worldwide total sales for Meteora are unknown. What is known is that LP will go platinum by next week in the US.

Also this totally beats Hybrid Theory in first week sales as HT sold a mere 50,000 copies in the first week. Meteora has it beat by a good 783,000 copies.

Thanks to littlejay for this news

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

That's awesome. Somewhere LP belongs? at #1.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Excellent!!! :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

great! i was hoping it would go platinum in the US in it's first week, but oh well. obviously it'll go platinum next week.

i couldn't pick a better place to post my 2000th post, :D

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

i totally expected platinum status in its first week..... :wth:

but its ok still number one!

littlejay

littlejay Member

not sib but meteora! yay! :D

Mark

these figures might not be completely accurate, billboard.com seems to be the most reliable for this stuff. i was just hoping so bad it would go platinum. i'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

hey, at least they're number one in the charts.

goddamn that 50 Cent, i wanted to see if Linkin Park had the best debut of the year so far, and they didn't. Goddamn rap music

Bryan

Bryan Guest

No offence to any 50 Cent fans here, but the reason 50 Cent sold so well is because hes the new trend. He's the cool thing to listen to right now, if you're not walking down the sidewalk going "go shorty, its your birfday, we gonna party like its your birfday..." you're "not cool".

As you can see, I dont like him at all, hes money hungry. Thats all hes in it for. I mean look at the title of his album- Get Rich, Or Die Tryin. Getting rich off this was the biggest thing on his mind when making the album.

And, I read something on MTV.com saying hes selling his life story for over a million dollars. Now come on, how stupid is that, selling your life story to make a quick million? The word Sell-Out comes to mind.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

tru.

:ninja:

tiffslilcrush112

tiffslilcrush112 Active Member

I was hopin they would go platinum too...but it's okay..obviously ppl have been living in a cave somewhere and didn't hear bout Meteora comin out..that must b the reason...

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

It would have been cool if it went platinum but its still cool that it sold more then Hybrid Theory...

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

well platnum next week :( but oh well, they nember one!!!

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

No offence to any 50 Cent fans here, but the reason 50 Cent sold so well is because hes the new trend. He's the cool thing to listen to right now, if you're not walking down the sidewalk going "go shorty, its your birfday, we gonna party like its your birfday..." you're "not cool".

As you can see, I dont like him at all, hes money hungry. Thats all hes in it for. I mean look at the title of his album- Get Rich, Or Die Tryin. Getting rich off this was the biggest thing on his mind when making the album.

And, I read something on MTV.com saying hes selling his life story for over a million dollars. Now come on, how stupid is that, selling your life story to make a quick million? The word Sell-Out comes to mind. [/b][/quote]
    Just think of it this way--if record sales weren't down, LP prolly would have sold over a million records in their first week.
    An selling over 800,000 is nothing to be sad about. I'll admit though, I was hoping for the million too :) :rolleyes:

50 Cent is a trend. I'll admit, even though I don't have his album (I don't actually own any rap albums) his stuff is catchy. Let's see if he has staying power though. I predict sophmore slump, but who knows?

Anyone know the exact record for most albums sold in the first week?

Mark

[/b][/quote]
    lol, he should probably learn to read before he starts writing a book.

lol, j/k. but seriously, he's only in it for the money.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Back to Linkin Park, now. The official numbers are in from Billboard.com and it says they made 810,000 copies in the first week.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It says MORE then 810,000 copies.

I'm confident the numbers on that post I just made yesterday are correct after reading that.

Mark

wait a sec, i just went to billboard.com and the charts and articles weren't up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.