Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    GhOsTlY_sUpAtRoOpA

GhOsTlY_sUpAtRoOpA Banned

Well I can't help him out there but I can tell him the chart positions for launch.yahoo.com:

Linkin Park's Numb goes up one from 50 to 51.
    Linkin Park's In the End climbs up nine from 76 to 67.
    Linkin Park's Lying From You climbs up eleven from 80 to 69.

This was an fairly good week for LP.
    and BTW that was the top 100 videos list.

Oh, and on the top 100 Rock videos list:

Numb goes up one from 13 to 12.
    In the End stays the same at 18.
    and Lying From You stays the same at 19.

Well since nobodys responding to my post and at the risk of double posting I'll just post my news on the same post:

Denim for Dreams
    Red Engine Jeans Partners with Ashton Kutcher, Debra Messing, Minnie Driver and No Doubt to Benefit the Dream Street Foundation to Help Touch Children’s Lives

(PRWEB) June 12, 2004 -- Red Engine, the Los Angeles-based denim manufacturer, has teamed up with Hollywood’s finest for a special fundraising project called Denim For Dreams. Beginning August 1, 2004, the brand will host individual auctions of its jeans signed by high profile figures in the entertainment industry. 100% of the projects proceeds will benefit the Dream Street Foundation, a non-profit organization that operates camping programs for children with chronic and life threatening illnesses. To date, Heather Locklear, Debra Messing, Minnie Driver, No Doubt, Josh Grobin, cast of That 70’s Show (including Ashton Kutcher), Bare Naked Ladies, Linkin Park, Ashley Williams, Tiffani Theissan and Ray Romano have offered their signatures on jeans to help this worthy cause.

Each jean will be auctioned online through Ebay. By clicking on the Dream Street icon on the Red Engine website at www.redenginejeans.com interested parties will be directed to the individual auction site of their choice. The auctions will also be searchable on the Ebay site using search phrase “Red Engine Celebrity Jeans.” The auctions of these celebrity-signed jeans will go live at 10:00am on August 1, 2004.

The Denim For Dreams program was created expressly to benefit the Dream Street Foundation. The brand has a special connection to the charity as Red Engine Vice President Josh Fischer, once a Dream Street camper himself, volunteers annually at Dream Street. Additionally, several of the celebrities who offered their signatures are ongoing supporters of Dream Street, including Minnie Driver and Heather Locklear, who have both volunteered their time to the kids during the week long camps. “Unconditional Love and Support are the most prominent emotions that come to mind when I think of Dream Street and it's impact on ill children in need,” says Josh Fischer, VP, Finance/Operations at Red Engine. “As a former camper of Dream Street, I consider it an honor to be to intimately involved with this project.”

Dream Street provides camping programs for children with chronic and life threatening illnesses. Funded by the Dream Street foundation, children with cancer, AIDS, blood disorders and other serious diseases are given the opportunity to enjoy activities they would normally be restricted from due to their illness.

For those children who require medicine daily or several times a day, the usual sleep-away camp is not sufficiently sophisticated to handle their medical needs. At Dream Street, volunteer counselors and a complete medical staff are on hand to spend endless hours with any child who needs special help and love.

Dream Street operates summer camps in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Mississippi and New Jersey. All projects are run by a volunteer staff with a long history of experience and expertise in their chosen field of work with sick children. Camping sessions are free of charge to those attending.

A combination of precise fit, exceptional denims, and innovative washing and finishing processes is the proven formula for success at Red Engine. Founded in 1998 by James Boldes, Red Engine exploded into the denim market, becoming a multi-million dollar business in less than three years. With showrooms in New York and Los Angeles, the line is available at over 600 better boutiques nationwide. Red Engine stays focused and exclusive, and strongly maintains its commitment to produce a premium vintage-inspired line that features both classic and cutting-edge wash techniques—creating a line that is vintage original, yet confidently modern. Red Engine’s retail price point starts at $120.

For more information on Denim for Dreams contact Pink Ink Public Relations 949/251-5000 or [email protected]
    ###

Pretty cool huh?

Source-http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/6/emw132987.htm

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I don't know if this is considered spamming...

Anna Shinoda needs help spreading an auction that will be held to save a friend who needs a new liver. She wrote a letter to Projekt Charity...

http://www.lpmeteora.com/pcforum/viewthrea...8&page=1#pid868

A press release with all of the items that are being auctioned are on the site above...

If anyone are interested in Projekt Charity...please visit the official site...

http://www.lpmeteora.com/pcharity/?user=woundsxinside

Once again, I am terribly sorry to the people of LPA and to the LPA Admins if this is considered spamming.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm alittle late, but you can vote again for LP on the Much Music Video Awards, People's Choice Favourite International Group

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

You can now see Breaking The Habit live on MTV Germany

Paul

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I don't think it is.

Unless LP is going to use the same artwork for their BTH stuff, that's not the cover for the manga/dvd thing. I have that and it's the DVD from the Street Team, not the official cover.

However I could be wrong. Hopefully I'm not.

Paul

I don't think it is.

Unless LP is going to use the same artwork for their BTH stuff, that's not the cover for the manga/dvd thing. I have that and it's the DVD from the Street Team, not the official cover.

However I could be wrong. Hopefully I'm not. [/b][/quote]
    You already have the Manga/DVD?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

You already have the Manga/DVD? [/b][/quote]
    No, the cover that you posted is the DVD cover for the Street Team DVD. I own the Street Team DVD that was sent out for promotional-use.

So I'm pretty sure that's not the Manga/DVD cover.

Paul

My bad...I just noticed that it is labeled "Promo Only"

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Use the edit button! And that was already posted, so both posts are deleted.

Mark

Everybody should read the news page before posting in this thread. That news is about a month old.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=28590

Mark

BTH was premiered 3 weeks ago. That's old. :p. Post deleted.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Linkin Park = Favorite International Artist at MMVA's

..or band, whatever the award was called. I just know Linkin Park won.

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

LP has been nominated for the MTV Pilipinas 2004 Award in Favourite International Act for video "Faint".

The event will take place on July 1 at the PSC Philsports, Pasig City.

MTV Asia

GhOsTlY_sUpAtRoOpA

GhOsTlY_sUpAtRoOpA Banned

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - The lead singer of American nu-metal band Linkin Park has likened performing in strict Singapore to "being at grandma's for dinner" -- and he kept himself on his best behaviour, abolishing swearing from his show.

"Usually I cuss a lot on stage," the band's 28-year-old singer Chester Bennington told the Straits Times newspaper. "And I spit a lot to clear my throat."

But performing in Singapore was different because of its censorship streak, he said in the report published on Thursday.

"It's a little like being at grandma's for dinner. You can't cuss, so you can't say things like, pass the f&*$%^@ boiled carrots, b#%&@."

The Straits Times censored the swear words.

Singapore is known for its tough censorship laws. "Playboy" magazine is banned. Racy scenes are often cut from movies. The U.S. hit sitcom "Sex and the City" was deemed as too steamy and swear words are almost never heard on television.

The newspaper said the Linkin Park vocalist did not utter a single vulgarity at a show in front of 15,000 people in Singapore on Tuesday.

Source: Yahoo! News http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ark_singapore_2

Mark

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Greatest thing ever.

Paul

Mike brought up the next album in a recent interview with MTV Europe.

Source : LPTimes Video Download

enfestid

enfestid Guest

Good to hear :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.