A Future for Fort Minor?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Louis, Apr 15, 2007.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It doesn't seem like there's any real discussion going on in here, so I thought I'd make a post. This topic has been touched before, but I'm looking for more opinions and hopes and expectations.

So, we all heard We Major. And we all heard The Rising Tied. The reaction to those works was relatively good, and I think we can all agree that despite The Rising Tied not selling amazingly well (correct me if I'm wrong?), Mike has set some sort of foundation for Fort Minor.

So, I have a couple of questions for you. Yes, I'm going to set an outline.

Is there a future for Fort Minor? Should there be?

What I'm asking is do you think that Fort Minor could / should release another album sometime later on? Elaborate, please.

If so, what do you want from future releases?

What would you want Mike to change in future releases? What kind of verses, and what kind of beats? Elaborate, please.

If not, why can't / shouldn't there be a future release?

Self-explanatory, I'd think. Elaborate, please.

I'm interested to see people's thoughts.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

I think Fort Minor should and will have a future, since Linkin Park appears to be featuring Mike less as an emcee for the next album. As far as a future album goes, anything that lives up to or surpasses The Rising Tied in terms of quality and creativity would satisfy me.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Is there a future for Fort Minor? Should there be?

Definately. I loved The Rising Tied and We Major, so I definately hope that there will be a future for FM. I think that Mike is a very talented songwriter, and emcee, and he really showed that with FM, in my opinion. Also, the lyrics on some songs were great, much better then a lot of LP IMO, though some songs (such as Kenji) had a real problem with rhyming. A lot of the times it felt as if Mike was trying to force rhyming into the song.

If so, what do you want from future releases?

I would like to see less generic rap songs (such as In Sterio) and more dark, atmospheric songs (such as Spraypaint and Inkpens or The Hard Way) on a future release.

I would also like a future CD to have less filler. Stuff like The Battle, and Get Me Gone were completely pointless and really did not need to be on the album. Especially when you know that Mike had stuff like The Hard Way, Be Somebody, and Spraypaint and Inkpens that he could have put on the CD.

I would also like to see less appearances from SOB. Personally, I think its overkill if someones featured on more then about 2 songs. SOB was on about 8. Thats way to much. In fact, I would like to see less rappers make guest appearances on the album. Mikes a rapper himself, so I would rather there be singers featured on the CD. Maybe some really strange guest appearances, like Gerard Way, or Chris Cornell, or Amy Lee. Someone that no one would expect to be on an FM song.

Also, I would like to see more unique songs on the album. Something like Kenji, which had clips of interviews instead of a chorus. That really added to the mood of the song. If they could have some more of those unique parts in songs, then I would be really happy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
    Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

After all the hype over the new album, Linkin Park takes their break and such I think Fort Minor could easily form back up and make a new album. But at times it seems like it would only be a one album project.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

ay, "get me gone" was the sh*t! :D
    yeah, i get your point. ;)

MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

Since it was a side project I dont expect it to do much. But I'm sure Mike will continue doing stuff for it since it was his project.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

you never know these days. one day Fort Minor could be more established than Linkin Park lol as funny as that sounds.

linkinlove21177

linkinlove21177 Member

As much as I love FM... I don't believe I want to see a second CD from them. I think it would lose it's novelty. I mean... side project stuff I don't like to see last forever because then it just gets boring. Plus, the less Mike works on FM, the more LP stuff that will happen. ^_^

NoBrain2k

NoBrain2k Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they did another album to be honest. You know what Mike is like; He always wants to be writing, and recording music. It'll be a while yet but I think I would be more surprised if there wasn't a follow up to rising tied.

I would certainly like to hear more from FM, theres some really superb tracks on the rising tied IMO.

marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

I'm not thinking about it much. It'd be great to release more of Fort Minor if Mike gets inspirated (which he surely will) because I love The Rising Tied. I also think the rest of the guys should release their solo projects, at least try. It would be nice to hear how each of them sound as an individual (and working on solo projects will certainly help them improve their skills).

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Mike's problem is he puts too much thought into the music - which is a no-no for hip hop. A lot of times he just clings to the beat instead of rhyming.

Feelthy

Feelthy Member

I like a few of the songs from Fort Minor, they're easy to relate to. Not to offend but most of the songs suck. Mike's too cocky for his talent as an emcee. Has any one noticed that he rhymes four times better as the rapper for Hybrid Theory? That's because he put twice as much effort into the way it sounded, in half as many songs. He's a good writer and shows for it when he edits his lyrics and tries perfecting them. He can't rap though. That's why you never hear him in a freestyle and that's why his rhymes are so repetitive. The fact he's repetitive and hesitant in "The Rising Tide" and acts like he's so ill makes his production weak and I almost feel embarrassed for him. Like when in "Get Me Gone" he uses that that bullshit that he rhymed so insanely that we got lost over him using a 3ed grade vocabulary. I say try using words that are a little harder to pronounce and more satire. If your looking for amazing cadence in hip-hop than I say listen to Eyedea, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Eminem, or Necro. Sorry Mike, but if you're looking for some generic melodies with some easy listening and relative subjects that's FM. It's not a project I think should continue, it's more of a good run. I wouldn't chance ruining the respect it did get.:

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

Hands Held High, so far, is very much like FM.

FMLPFAN4LIFE

FMLPFAN4LIFE Member

I honestly think once they finish their U.K. tour and their U.S. tour this Summer, I honestly think there will be another FM album. Like Mike says he's always writing and recording music. I definetly thing there's going to be another FM album. I can't wait and most likely it would be out next year, lol :D.

Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

I hope there is going to be a 2nd Fort Minor album, because the rising tied was great.
    But I think it will be released after Minutes to Midnight, and even after Chester's solo Album.

neoprose

neoprose Member

Okay, it is off topic a bit but how great are Spray Paint & Ink Pens, and The Hard Way. If they can produce another FM album with more songs like that then they have more then a future. If they can do that and still produce amazing LP then Mike would seem to monopolise all good music, lol.

Blsbball

Blsbball Member

Im sure there will be alot of people enjoyed fort minor it def gave another look

Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think the fort minor project was ok.

I like the songs that had mike alone. Not with all the other peeps. Which is what it should have been through the whole album.

Feelthy

Feelthy Member

Yeah pretty much. Except I thought "Believe Me" was really tight. I also like "Slip out the Back." Does anybody know who's the rapper in the song "Stick N Move?" It sounds like an emcee named Sole that I've heard a few times.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Necro sucks though. He's like the musical equivalent of GTA and Saw without the wit and fun factor. Most of the professional reviews for TRT that I read said that some of Mike's rapping is clumsy but the rest is just solid and at least he has something to say, and the production is pretty decent, which is about right.