A Future for Fort Minor?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Louis, Apr 15, 2007.

Prothero

Prothero New Member

The Rising Tied was a solid effort by Mike to get by on rapping alone--his problem is that he used S.O.B so much it was overkill. He had access to all of the Demigodz, Common, and Black Thought from The Roots--why didn't he use them more? Celph-Titled appears in a SKIT? Give me a break. I just heard some Demigodz stuff over the weekend and it was hot--I fail to understand why Mike wouldn't use all of them.

I think Mike needs to use some of the access he has to big names, as demonstrated on We Major--Ghostface, Lupe Fiasco, Juelz Santana, and now Jay-Z is out of retirement. He also needs to let a wide variety of DJs do beats for FM, so they have more variety. Finally, I think Mike had the wrong producer. Don't get me wrong--I like Jay and all, but there wasn't a whole lot of variety and innovation where there could've been. He needs to get hooked up with real hip-hop producers--if he could swing it, Dr. Dre and LP friend Rick Rubin should co-produce and just let Mike write.

I find it amazing how much of a quantum leap some of the songs on We Major are over TRT. There isn't a song on TRT that lives up to Spraypaint & Inkpens. I liked the raps over established songs/rap songs and I think they should've done that at least once or twice on TRT. I think I remember somebody associated with FM saying that getting any of the songs like Dolla (which uses a Led Zeppelin song) onto TRT would be a financial nightmare. Well, look what happened--TRT bombed, passing two singles (Petrified and RTN) before hitting Where'd You Go and earning actual playtime. For the record, I've never heard either of the early singles on the radio at all.

HOWEVER, I enjoy Fort Minor. I've been using FM to kill the anticipation for MTM. FM songs like Right Now, Feel Like Home, Cigarettes, and The Hard Way are amongst the most played on my iPod. From We Major? Bloc Party, Bleach (Jimi Remix), SP&IP, and Cover and Duck. There should be another Fort Minor album--creatively, TRT was not a bomb and there's more than enough room for improvement (and a full Warner Bros. marketing campaign, right FM fans?). I'd love to hear another FM album, watch it go big, and let Mike have two groups/projects we can look forward to with every release.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

For the record, while Jay received a production credit, Mike handled all the actual production regarding beats.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Why would he get another producer if Mike was producing the album himself? Really he's got the MUSIC down, in fact that's probably the only thing he had right from TRT. My issue is that we all KNOW he can rap, there's proof everywhere. But even then, HE HOLDS HIMSELF BACK.

Stop it already!

jd95

jd95 Member

I think they`ll be another album.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i hope so.. i think once Linkin Parks all finished we might see another Fort Minor album

"/Shawn08\"

"/Shawn08\" Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Rising Tied. I was skeptical when it came out but i thorougly enjoyed it. I'm sure there will another album but i don't think it will be until after the next LP album. Chester is supposedly putting out his solo album towards the end of the year? Not really sure. But I dont think they'll put out both they're solo albums simaltaneously without an LP record in between.

Hybrid Minute

Hybrid Minute Member

Ok good news for everybody. It has been confirmed that there will be another Fort Minor album after MTM and all the touring Mike Shinoda & the rest of Fort Minor will be back in the studio and they will record another album. I'm just worried that Linki Park will break up after MTM which would really suck. But yeah so 4 al lyou FM fans out there here ya go

Ryu

Ryu Member

I heard some rumors that Fort Minor will release their next album in 2009 :(:(:( . I agree with the opinion of someone above (i'm sorry i forgot :">) that when when all the LP 's works is finished , Mike will continue his FM project . Looking forward to seeing your new songs , Mike :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

just a note; mike is the only actual member of FM as far as studio recordings go. :D BTW, do you have any sources for what you're saying?

lp4k3

lp4k3 Member

at first i didnt like Fort Minor, its only recently that ive started to listen to it properly and really enjoy it. i think there is a deffinate future for FM. once LP have finished their tour there will be a new album from Mike.
    Hopefully with less Filler songs and Less SOB.

Kippers

Kippers Active Member

I would love ther to be a future in Fort minor. Mike does a great job with his rapping and you can tell he's really passionate about it.

it's one of the few albums that i actually love every single song on it. usually i skip the really annoying ones but there aren;t any of those in Rising Tied

Here's to their future!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

yea I gotta agree with kippers although mike could really have done better with the rhymes I belive musically he's done an awesome job

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

Have you heard the mixtape? He's got plenty of intricate verses on there. Mike isn't as good as any of the rappers you mentioned, but on the other hand, he shares barely anything in common with them either. The Rising Tide wasnt about satire, or using amazing words, alot of the tracks were about telling a story. And yes, rappers like ghostface do it better, but come on. No one compares to ghostface on that tip. Well, maybe the GZA.

"Ladies and gentleman im sending you being pretending the pen is a needle and im injecting the venom" Is an example of a cool line from thee mixtape. It isnt stellar, but it's creative and flows off the tongue lovely, especially over the beat it was on.

And outside of fort minor, he still had cocky raps, like high voltage, which was super dope.

bending*

The_Catalyst

The_Catalyst Active Member

The verses on Bleed It Out (See my sig, if you haven't heard the song) is what I would want from a second FM release. I thoroughly enjoyed FM, even more than LP at first I have a feeling that FM won't have a new record for a while, not until the Minutes to Midnight tour is over. He could write some new stuff on tour, though.

lpkornfan22

lpkornfan22 Well-Known Member

if you mean Stick N Move the Xero song
    then its mike
    if you mean anyother stick n move
    then idk
    but i hope you mean the xero song

Fort Minor

Fort Minor New Member

Yeah i think Fort Minor Should make another Album i love there album thats why its my screen name :blink: lol i think it would be for the best for Fort Minor to make another album for me it seems LP is going down theres new album isnt the best out of all there albums

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

I would love for there to be another album as long as it doesn't hold back a future LP CD. I also want Chesters before Mikes.

As for what I want on it, bring back the guests from the first disc, well only SOB and The girl from Where'd you go, dump the rest and exchange them for jay-z and maybe another guest. that way you have a few big stars, a couple little guests and then the rest is solo.

include another epic track like kenji or something

The_Catalyst

The_Catalyst Active Member

Okay, I disagree. I would want all the guests. John Legend, Jonah Matranga, they were all great in their songs. I would keep all the guests and maybe have a Mike-Jay track.

T909

T909 New Member

And do you know what I heared? I heared the new album comes out 2008.
    When Mike started making "The rising Tied"?I know it's a little bit stupid question, but i dont know when he did?
    Year 2004 came out the "Collison Course" and 2005 came out "The Rising Tied" so I think maybe he is making it one year again.:whistling

TheCure

TheCure Member

God, I hope so...

I enjoy every single song on "The Rising Tied." I mean, seriously.

I had actually gotten off rap because of the lack of originality and pure hate that was coming from the genre in general. When I heard Mike was coming out with a solo project, I decided to check it out. Man, am I glad I did.

Mike's writing keeps getting better. "Kenji?" Holy... dude. That song haunts me. It's beautiful. Even though "Where'd You Go" was released to radio, I always felt "Kenji" was the best song on the album. "Get Me Gone" is brilliant, as well as "Petrified" and "Back Home."

This album, as a whole, just makes me appreciate Mike that much more. I'm sure he did plenty on the new LP album, but I miss his prominance... just like I miss Mr. Hahn's. Either way, that's a different forum and an old story here I'm sure.

I'm sure can juggle both projects. I sure hope that's the case...