Where'd You Go VS Still DRE

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by 28thART, Mar 18, 2007.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

i did a mix :lol: , using the acapella of " Where'd You Go " and instrumental of " Still DRE "!
    so if have some time guys try that mix it looks great 4 me coz i workd on it for 4 hours :( , for sur using my favorit software Adobe Audtion v2!!
    download the mix from here :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ef9a1u

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

mixes are pretty hard to make. the thing that got annoying to me was the intro with the constant echoing of dre/snoop. the thing with this is you'd have to either change the speed of the beat, or the speed of mike's vocals to make a perfect match. mike's off beat throughout. it's a good attempt though. when i do my mixes i use acid, and i use audacity to change the speed of an acapella w/o messing w/ the pitch so the vocalist doesn't sound like a mouse or someone with a real deep voice. another problem mixing these two is that holly brook the singer, her key isn't the same one that dre uses in this beat. that presents another problem. i think even if on beat, the match would be a little weird.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

1st of all , thx a lot for all the time you give to what i've done !!
    i want to tell u , i didnt use Echoing in the intro , its a Delay , why a delay ?? coz the acapella of still DRE was bad , i mean the quality , so i tried my best to use Filter , and other stuff to make it better , and i used the Delay to hide some prob in them !!!
    abt the beat that DRE made , for sur its not for Mike Shinoda voice , we use Mixes just to break that silence ,to try to bring somthin funy that's all !!!
    yes i didnt make the mix as perfect as it needs, but the most important is the idea , if u have the idea , you can go trough to make it ,and try your best to make it looks great !!

if you have time , try to mix the same what i did :blush: may be you are pro that me , and i will be happy that give me a good lessons :blush:

thx again for the time to gived to my mix.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I have to say, I love both songs a lot...and was hoping it would match, but they do not at all, I couldn't even listen to the whole thing cause the vocals were off. Nice attempt though.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Thx a lot for your last Words :D " Nice attempt though ", at least gives me some hoppe to try to do better ... i will try to edit something !!
    but im thinking that " Remember The Name " will match better than " Where'd you go " with instrumental of " Still DRE " .... i will try and i'll see what it will done.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Remember The Name may blend better, definitely try that.

Also, something I noticed you did..is that you tried to re layer snoop and dre's vocals over their own song, instead of sampling the original bits. There's no need to do that, what you should do is sample the original parts where snoop and dre were and blend them into the remixed/instrumental parts so that the transition is flawless. It's a cheap way to do it but a good trick.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Yeah , i did that coz i had a problem with the acapela of Still DRE :( the sound quality its not the same of the full song of Still DRE (acapella + instrumental ) i tried to do what you said before but you feel when you hear it that there is a problem , :( i dnt knw how to explain to you !! but your idea i did it !!
    For " remember the name " i found the acapella :) i will work it now and when its done im gona post it here .
    thx a lot for your help.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007